CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

PASS THE BUCKET!!!!!!!!!!! She is like the virus!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this mean she is gonna end up getting with Mac!!!!!!!! Mac belongs with stella or Gillian or quinn til mac realises he loves Stella!!!!
    If she is like Peyton that means she is whiney and needs a punch.
    BTW I despised Peyton and i like all the others shes alike

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh for crying out loud! That is so ridiculous! What is wrong with tptb over at CSI: NY? :wtf: :rolleyes:

:lol: I agree something new should be 100% new. :lol:

haha, isn't that the truth? I mean, we could tell from the original description that she sounded like other characters. :lol: TV Guide, that is old news. Got anything better than that? :lol:

Not necessarily. The description sounds sucky, sure. But, I think it depends on who the actress is. If they get someone who is really, really good (possibly someone fairly well known as well), then there is a chance that the character may not be as bad as she sounds. I'm not crazy about the name of the character though. Maybe they'll change it. :lol: Riley was originally gonna be named Bryce Adams and Tara was originally gonna be named Lauren Price, so maybe they'll change this girl's name before it's all over too. We already have a Catherine and a Calleigh. What, they decided that NY needed a C or K sounding name too? :lol:

:guffaw:

I really wish they'd hire someone like Sara Rue to play the role though. She's a great actress and would be a completely different kind of look for a CSI type show.

It's not just you. :lol:

Is that the one that was murdered when she and mac were standing on the street talking?

I think they should seriously amend this description and make her NOTHING like any other character in the CSI franchise let alone anyone else on the same show. I still say I'd like to see someone like Sara Rue. Someone who looks more like the average every day woman and not someone who looks like they walked off the cover of a swim suit magazine (like the description of Kaye makes her sound). With my luck, they'll probably hire that Katrina chick from Idol (aka "bikini girl") to play her. :lol:

3. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Global warming is fucking up their judgement and creativity, I don't know :lol:

OK, I'll admit, I'm not giving her any chance -at all- at the moment :lol: But you're right when you say it will depends on the actress that will play her. And it's one of the reason why I cannot wait to hear a name!!! If it's an actress that is capable of making her character less one dimensional than what TPTB is giving us, I might consider calling it a truce lol

Hahahaha! :guffaw: I'm not in love with her name neither. I hope they'll change it too. Don Flack was not supposed to be name like that too, he had another name before they started the show... can't remember what it was...

:guffaw:Loved the Katrina joke!

I agree with you completly!!! Every day people don't look like models or Megan Fox 99.999999% of the time. I think the females on the show so far I've been beautiful but in a normal way - never over the top. So I hope they intend on keeping it that way although the description make it sound like she's Miss New York :shifty:. By the way, you bet how much that on her first day of work she'll take off her lab vest to flash her brand new bikini? "It's ok to bring a baby into the lab, it's ok to get my tits out in the open too"!

Sara Rue? :confused: Doesn't ring a bell. Can you refresh my memory, please? lol Was she a detective that was on CSI:NY for a few episodes like Maka (and I hope I'm getting her name right lol)?

4. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

You are one optimistic girl! I hope the writers are skillful enough not to ruin her. She doesn't look that promising for now.

Cyn, I've found the perfect excuse to see her perfectly perfect bum and titties! She'll explain Archimedes' Principle to Mac by immersing her bee-you-tiful body in a bathtub and then, still soaking wet, she'll go on to write the phenomenon oh so complex equations to leave Mac so in awe that he -and the audience!- will bow at her feet :p

5. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Just trying to stay positive. I like this show and will continue to watch so at the moment, with little to no real information about the new character, I am trying to be optimistic. I like the idea of a new CSI character as a regular because it will bring a freshness to the show that I think it needs.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think the guy from TV Guide is wrong--Kaye isn't going to be an amalgamation of those three characters. I think they're simply trying to test the range of the actress they hire because they need someone who can play a wide range. I'll be honest--it's hard for me to imagine them ending up with an actress worse than Anna Belknap, so I'm not really too worried at this stage. I'm not envisioning a Lindsay 2.0 here. If I'm wrong well, that will definitely suck. :lol:

Thinking logistically, I wonder if the character is going to be brought in to process the diner after everyone is shot at. They'll need an outsider on the case, and I bet that's how she'll be introduced.

7. GregNickRyanFan

That's definitely true, but it was the description of this new character just sounded so unrealistic to me. :lol:

:lol:

Sara Rue played Claud(ia) on the sitcom Less Than Perfect.

Yeah, but that really isn't much of a range. :lol: They should have gone with Lindsay, Jess and Stella instead of throwing Peyton and whoever the heck Natalie is in there. :lol: Or they even could have gone with Jess, Stella and Sam. :lol:

Ooh, that's a good point. I bet you're right about that. Makes a lot of sense. :)

8. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Did you see Christina Murphy on YOU TUBE ??? I can't open it but it's seems she made a casting for CSI NY someone else made a comment

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Forget Kaye Sullivan. They should pull a soap opera move and recast her as Lindsay. I actually felt for her during the "Monologue of Doom" reading and she's pretty enough for me to actually buy that Danny would go for her. ;) :shifty:

ETA: Here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRUOfbFEK7w

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I think a good actress would make it easier to stomach Kaye Sullivan, so I'm really hoping we get one. But until they do work on the character herself, I don't know how sustainable she'd be long-term, no matter how great the actress is.

I couldn't stand Angell, but I loved Emmanuelle Vaugier's portrayal of her, if that makes sense. Vaugier did amazing with the little she had, but it wasn't enough to make me stop hating Angell's 2-dimensional-ness.

Lindsay's the only "new" female character who's become a regular in four years - but I'm not sure it's a total coincidence that she's also the only one of the Mary-Sue parade who's lasted on the show, given her flaws. Especially since I really think it would've been possible to keep Vaugier in the cast, had it been possible to do work on Angell's character - if they couldn't make her a regular, they might've at least kept her another year instead of adding Kaye Sullivan.

I don't know if this should've made me laugh, but :guffaw: It's weird, CSI NY seems to be the only show in the franchise that kind of lets their employees do whatever the hell they want, with very little thought to protocol. At least in recent years. (Doesn't anyone else find it weird that on Miami, Eric and Calleigh have to hide the fact that they're dating so it doesn't breach protocol, but Danny and Lindsay can bring their baby into the lab? Where's the consistency? :rolleyes:)

11. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Christina Murphy

Ok now I saw her and maybe I will be alone on that but I really don't like her she doesnt fit for the team but that's my opinion....

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Wow, so nice to see that monologue done by someone who is a decent actress and puts the right emotional beats on it! I feel bad for her in that reading, too. It just goes to show that a better actress could have made Lindsay more sympathetic.

I can kind of see that, too. She's absolutely gorgeous, but in a very California way. Still, she was convincing, and I feel like the fact that she's beautiful almost works against her in an unfair way. The plain Jane they hired can't act well, so I think they're better going for someone beautiful who can act. I'm sure they're seeing lots of actresses for the part, but just seeing Christina Murphy's audition, I could easily see her playing a character I'd like.

13. GregNickRyanFan

You are not alone on that one. I can't see this girl as a CSI. I hope to God this isn't the person they cast as Kaye. They really should get someone people have actually heard of if she's gonna be a regular CSI. :lol:

I really didn't care much for the way she did most of the technical CSI lines stuff (I didn't believe it). The character drama stuff was fine though (although she sounded a bit like she was auditioning for a prime time soapy drama lol). But, that part where she was on the phone was too high school sounding for my tastes.

Looks wise, I don't see anything wrong with plain Janes. I'm admittedly a plain jane in the looks department, so its easier for me to relate to someone who looks closer to what I see myself as looking like than it is to relate to someone who is thinner than I could ever be. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yay! i thought i was the only one thinking this. i found her really irritating!!

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^That makes four of us. Lisa, she gets on my nerves too! If she gets the role I hope her acting skills are enough to make me change my mind, because that video only increases my "do not want" level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.