CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even as I try to stay positive I would have to say that Christina's voice would probably grate on my nerves in a very short while if she were to get the part. She did show emotion during the Lindsay monologue but I don't think she did that great with the legal stuff at the beginning and I gave up on the Payton section before she was done. YouTube kept messing up and getting hung up loading the rest of the video.

I'm not sure she's a good fit with the team, as someone else has said. But hopefully they will have plenty of talent to choose from.

From Elwood21:Um. Lindsay's got attitude of her own, if I can observe :lol:.

If Kaye butts heads with Lindsay it could be a good thing for both of them. Honestly. A newbie with some spine and Lindsay having someone challenge her perfection and haughtiness. I'd like the new girl to go attitude on Lindsay if Lindsay continues to pull the same crap on Adam that she has in the past. ;) Works for me. Stir it up, as da man sez. La la la.

Um, yeah I know she has attitude of her own, and you are welcome to observe! ;) I'd like to see her stop pulling that crap on Adam and support him for once, which was the meaning behind my comment.

On another note, I always enjoy reading your posts Elwood21. Very informative.

Last edited:
I agree with that person, too. I don't think she's a good fit with the team. And she didn't do good with the legal stuff (raising her voice at the "wrong" words and such... it just didn't made it sound natural).

And yes, hopefully they got lots of talent to choose from! Or was that the best they had?

You want something to be rankled at? Try NBC for a momentary diversion. How about the new Jay Leno show for NBC, taking five slots of prime time real estate off the market in an effort to have one's cake and eat it too, and save $$$ in the process. This isn't a personal attack on Leno. Zucker's the bastard.

i don't know an awful lot about how us tv works (over here the bbc licence fee kind of makes it a different story) but it's interesting stuff - sometimes i forget that all the shows i like are essentially just corporate transactions. but it was an interesting post - thanks for filling me in :)

My gloves wil come off, if there's reason to, once we've met her. Not gonna bother now.

same here, she has to get the benefit of the doubt doesn't she?

I can't see the video! :scream: YouTube keeps freezing before it even starts, so I'll wait to try again later, and for now go on what everyone else is saying...
it's probably good that she can do Lindsay's emotional scene well (although I personally loved Belknap's delivery of it, so maybe I shouldn't judge that). But if Christina Murphy's ace-ing that scene but flubbing the technical ones that CSI is kind of based on, then...

Originally Posted by Elwood21:
I don't think it's been done so hastily. I think there's time to develop Kaye, especially with what's learned thru her casting. If there really is a new emphasis on characters show-wide this season, I'm thinking the dynamics will be much more interesting. But I agree. I hope she's more New York than LA. Hope she's sharper even if she's polished and glossy. Hope it's deliberately done. For a change. I think a lot of characters in S5 suffered for being used to service stories and plots and soap boxes in ways that subverted them or oversimplified them. Hope they all see some improvement.

That's right, I forgot about the promised emphasis on character in Season 5. Here's hoping they really deliver, and I totally agree. No more team-characters being used to pimp out D/L, or anything else.

As for Kaye's character, it just feels like it's being done hastily because they only seemed to come up with her about six weeks ago and they're already casting. And as far as I've seen, they've only sketched out a very rough picture of her that makes her seem like this jigsaw puzzle of Lindsay-Angell-Peyton - and of course, it doesn't help that the actresses being auditioned are reading scenes written for basically those same characters (except Angell, but I figure Natalie Greer's lines - whoever she is - could probably be interchangeable with anything Angell has ever said). I call Mary Sue.

The only character that immediately annoyed me on NY was Kendall, well, her and the mayor aide woman. So long as Kaye (and what is it with all the "K" names? Writer's block got stuck half-way thru the baby names dictionary for inspiration? Near "L" for Lucy by chance?) -- anyways. So long as Kaye is better than Kendall or some of the other recurring women they've written (Jordan? Was that her name? Man. Been stuck in the middle of that dictionary for some time. Turn some more pages please) then I'll keep nurturing some nugget of hope.

Aw, I kind of liked Kendall, the ten minutes that we saw of her anyway. :lol: She seemed fun, and I love how close she was with Adam. LOL, I have no idea who Jordan is; but I definitely agree with you on the names.

Originally Posted by lisasimpson:

I'm trying to reserve judgment, really I am :p It's just weird because this is the first time I've ever gotten wind of a new character joining the cast of a favourite TV show before actually seeing the new character onscreen. I'm used to just being hit with new characters during a season-opener, and deciding by the end of the episode whether I like (or hate) them.

Originally Posted by Elwood21:
The only character that immediately annoyed me on NY was Kendall, well, her and the mayor aide woman. So long as Kaye (and what is it with all the "K" names? Writer's block got stuck half-way thru the baby names dictionary for inspiration? Near "L" for Lucy by chance?) -- anyways. So long as Kaye is better than Kendall or some of the other recurring women they've written (Jordan? Was that her name? Man. Been stuck in the middle of that dictionary for some time. Turn some more pages please) then I'll keep nurturing some nugget of hope.

Aw, I kind of liked Kendall, the ten minutes that we saw of her anyway. :lol: She seemed fun, and I love how close she was with Adam. LOL, I have no idea who Jordan is; but I definitely agree with you on the names.

yeah, i liked kendall too, her "thing" with adam was great :)

Originally Posted by lisasimpson:

I'm trying to reserve judgment, really I am :p It's just weird because this is the first time I've ever gotten wind of a new character joining the cast of a favourite TV show before actually seeing the new character onscreen. I'm used to just being hit with new characters during a season-opener, and deciding by the end of the episode whether I like (or hate) them.

it's very easy to work up an opinion about something if you have too long to think about it!!

Is that a legit audition video? errr..the girl sucks..i cant stand her face...who is she btw? She looks like one of the previous contestants from the Beauty and the Geeks..hahaha! sorry.

People(classmates) from my acting class at Lee Strasberg are way better than this girl.

Last edited:
Even as I try to stay positive I would have to say that Christina's voice would probably grate on my nerves in a very short while if she were to get the part. She did show emotion during the Lindsay monologue but I don't think she did that great with the legal stuff at the beginning and I gave up on the Payton section before she was done. YouTube kept messing up and getting hung up loading the rest of the video.

I'm not sure she's a good fit with the team, as someone else has said. But hopefully they will have plenty of talent to choose from. ....

Um, yeah I know she has attitude of her own, and you are welcome to observe! ;) I'd like to see her stop pulling that crap on Adam and support him for once, which was the meaning behind my comment.

On another note, I always enjoy reading your posts Elwood21. Very informative.
(On another note, you're very kind :lol: :p. And sorry if I misread your gist. Was a helluva day. :p)

Anyhoo. Honestly, after seeing just the one tape of scenes I can't say she resonates in any way for me either, not very distinctive, but for me sound can be a killer in tapes like that. The guy being so prominent was harsh. Dunno how many runs thru the scenes they did, if these were the best ones, or just the ones she liked best, or mebbe it was a one shot for each. I'd find that harder to believe.

Maybe this was was prep, or what she taped for her agent to submit to the casting director and execs beyond a round of headshots to get to the auditions in the first place. If it is one that got that far. She's done some films, yes. All we see here are the scene selections for an audition, packaged, and only one single lonely little tape, 'leaking' out to be posted to Youtube. So who knows what it really is, where it's from, who it's from, how far it got, and what it means. She gets a few hundred hits and growing, and some discussion at the very least.;) If we see more of her I guess maybe that will partly answer why.

She was okay in some of the moments between her dialogue too, not just waiting for her words. She did have a noticeable habit of resting her fingers near her mouth a lot. Deliberately Pensive Method Quirk or something wot just happened? :p ...I'd say wot. I think it would be very uh, challenging to sift thru reams of audition footage or person after person. I dunno how they do it.

I didn't peek to see who posted the clip or when, that would be the next thing to check. Okay. Well. Posted today by a guy from Arlington, who knows if he's still in Arlington. Somwhat moot for a virtual world. So basically, dunno where he got it from, what it's pedigree is, or why he posted it, uploaded with no description so who knows. Except, looking now, Christina Murphy's also a Texas girl. Mebbe they went to school together. Mebbe he's a friend, or, mebbe just a fan. Mebbe Texas has nothing to do with it. Mebbe he's aspiring in his own way, or has worked with her, or prepped or read with her for the clips. Ya never know. :p Two minutes on Utube doesn't answer much.

i don't know an awful lot about how us tv works (over here the bbc licence fee kind of makes it a different story) but it's interesting stuff - sometimes i forget that all the shows i like are essentially just corporate transactions. but it was an interesting post - thanks for filling me in :)

.... same here, she has to get the benefit of the doubt doesn't she?
:lol:. said above I went back to edit, so I'm not entirely certain at what stage you read it and what you think I've informed you of, especially since I was trying to hard not to stray off topic and it's all only just my rant of the moment :lol:. Also one I hadn't meant to post quite as it was :p. Clickies and my inability to exist in several places at once be my bane tonite.

I got no problem dishing it out if I think an actor/actress or a character's irksome. Not always a permanent state either. There should be an ebb and flow to characters. Nor do I hafta like a character or what they do unconditionally to recognize how they may contribute to a show.

I can't be biased against What Ifs just because EV was let go. I just can't look at things in a vacuum. I still think the show needed something bigger to happen. Another season like the past few and it woulda started listing even further and taking on water without any help at all. I was never biased against Lindsay because she was replacing Aiden. She earned my exasperation and occasional disdain all on her own, and over quite a substantial period of time. No snap judgement there. Try as I mighta to remain open weekly, she's done little that spurs me to modify my opinions for the better. And yes, I know Vanessa asked to be let go whereas EV was cut. Whatever the machinations behind the scenes, I want the show as a whole to do well, to improve over the past couple of seasons, and right now a new 'Regular' is a part of that scenario to help it up. There were glimmers enough of writing that, damn it damn it damn it, still lead me to hope it can get better. The bastards are such a tease :lol:.

I'm not gonna premptively dump Kaye (or even Leno's new show for that matter, no matter how much the jaded devil in my ear encourages me) into the water where fins are circling. Uncharted waters is all. Too many unknowns. So I wait, patiently, for the next snippet and piece of the puzzle.

I'd like to see how the new character does, or at least get a few more tidbits about casting, spoilers about the cliffhanger for how and why the character's brought in, or some spin for the season beyond "we're gonna have more emphasis on character." I'm wondering now if I misread that and it was really just "we're gonna have more characters" and everything else remains the same. :lol:

Originally posted by Maya316:
As for Kaye's character, it just feels like it's being done hastily because they only seemed to come up with her about six weeks ago and they're already casting. And as far as I've seen, they've only sketched out a very rough picture of her that makes her seem like this jigsaw puzzle of Lindsay-Angell-Peyton - and of course, it doesn't help that the actresses being auditioned are reading scenes written for basically those same characters (except Angell, but I figure Natalie Greer's lines - whoever she is - could probably be interchangeable with anything Angell has ever said). I call Mary Sue.
I know. But I still see the pieces as informative in intent, not derivative to be an amalgamation. Holy f*ck I must be tired to be spouting shit like that :lol: Christ. Okay. How about: I don't think the scenes are meant to be indicative of Kaye's character and persona but a tool to see who can pull the genre off; possibly one of several as other additional material could have been provided behind closed doors. Must must sleep. Must eat and sleep. Dat would be good. :p F*ckf*ckf*ckerama :lol:.

Anyways. Video = Murphy in front of a screen playing to someone reading the other half of the scenes and prompts. Not terribly exciting. Greer was an ADA or such character from Enough, whom Mac was speaking to about the three defense attorneys and their clients, the trio who wound up deaded and investigated in the ep.

We didn't get to see much of her, beyond being a way to poke and prod Adam, this is true. I think their scenes together were fun for that reason. Doesn't mean I warmed up to her or would wanna share my muffin wif her in da break room :lol:. She kinda came across "like a socialite slumming," I think was a description of her I liked.

I don't think I was as tapped into the show in S2, and while I vaguely knew Ferlito was leaving I wasn't paying attention so much to who was coming in. I met Lindsay completely unfettered, with no speculative info on her, or her casting. I think I was also much more blinkered by all the other changes that happened post S1. "...da light, it burns my eyes..." :lol: Shiny people, sparkly toys. Or was it sparkly people and shiny toys. That and the sudden appearance of Kid Rock and yellow walls and glass offices and all. :lol: I think those changes were about formulae. I'm wondering if Kaye is just Kaye, another rollover dabble into characters like Chad and Marty and Zao in S2 in hopes of finding a good fit, or if she's really more intended to stir things up in a larger way, and if next season works, on a longer term basis. If she's a 'regular' and we're down two recurrings (Mykelti Williamson to 24 I think, and EV) with renewed focus on Character, then mebbe they're restructuring internally too. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

.... same here, she has to get the benefit of the doubt doesn't she?

:lol:. said above I went back to edit, so I'm not entirely certain at what stage you read it and what you think I've informed you of, especially since I was trying to hard not to stray off topic and it's all only just my rant of the moment :lol:. Also one I hadn't meant to post quite as it was :p. Clickies and my inability to exist in several places at once be my bane tonite.

i think i saw it before and after edit! i thought it was interesting tho!

I got no problem dishing it out if I think an actor/actress or a character's irksome. Not always a permanent state either. There should be an ebb and flow to characters. Nor do I hafta like a character or what they do unconditionally to recognize how they may contribute to a show.

yeah, i think that's the main thing - sometimes the most unlikeable characters are the most watchable and the ones that provide the thread through the middle. of course sometimes they're just really annoying :lol:

I'd like to see how the new character does, or at least get a few more tidbits about casting, spoilers about the cliffhanger for how and why the character's brought in, or some spin for the season beyond "we're gonna have more emphasis on character."

me too.

Well I read about C. Murphy right know and just watched the vid and to be honest:

I am not amused about it!!!
Christina Murphy

Ok now I saw her and maybe I will be alone on that but I really don't like her she doesnt fit for the team but that's my opinion....

You are not alone on that one. I can't see this girl as a CSI. I hope to God this isn't the person they cast as Kaye. They really should get someone people have actually heard of if she's gonna be a regular CSI. :lol:

I don´t like her too!! IMO she seems so artificial and overtorqued!

yay! i thought i was the only one thinking this. i found her really irritating!!

Irritating and somehow annoying!

^That makes four of us. Lisa, she gets on my nerves too! If she gets the role I hope her acting skills are enough to make me change my mind, because that video only increases my "do not want" level.

My dear Plenilunio,
you brought it to the point, my anti-Kaye!!!

That girl is pretty. Kinda looks like she's had botox or something, but anyway...... She was descent but i'm still skeptical. Kind of like Lindsay, i think i'm only going to like her when she is doing her job on the show. Let's hope TPTB find some other person.

She may looks good but not after my fancy, she´s seems so cold and somehow hysterical... and IMO her nose seemed not to be made by Dear God....:lol:

It... really didn't do anything for me, this audition. Her looks have nothing to do with it. Sometimes she raises her voice and it just make what she is saying less convincing... and more irritating. She didn't accentuated what needed to be accentuated? If that make sense at all. Not sure how to explain it...

I'm not sure she's a good fit with the team, as someone else has said. But hopefully they will have plenty of talent to choose from.

And I have to agree, her voice razzes.... But I have the advantage that she would be dubbed here...

I agree with that person, too. I don't think she's a good fit with the team. And she didn't do good with the legal stuff (raising her voice at the "wrong" words and such... it just didn't made it sound natural).

And yes, hopefully they got lots of talent to choose from! Or was that the best they had?

I know, I have only seen a few minutes with her and everybody should have a fair chance but my gut feeling is:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why had EV had to go, I still can´t understand!!!!

Udonna

So the new girl is gonna have elements of Lindsay. And she's sexy and a risk taker?? Well, that doesn't sound anything like Lindsay at all. :p

Sounds like she could almost be a female Danny, in which case I'm looking forward to meeting her. Things will be even more interesting if she clashes with Lindsay.

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen her in action for at least 3 episodes. She's going to take a while to settle in. But if she does turn out to be Lindsay 2.0 then I shall send a rather harsh email to those damn PTB. [It disturbs me how much I detest her character...]

audition video??? if she is cast i'm defo putting my gloves on.

She looked too pretty for CSI (she will spend the first 45 minutes of the show putting her face on) she looks like she should be on 90210 or gossip girl.
I know all the team is different but in some weired way (even sid) everyone gels and i don't think she would fit in.

id like too see some others who have gone for the part too, to get an idea who has tried out for it.

maybe CSI should put a short list of "maybe's" and have a poll see what the public think lol more chance of getting somone the viewers want!

I'm trying to stay positive...it's hard!!! Why couldn't they stick with what they had, it worked so so well, and the common saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I really hope she clashes with Lindsay, Lindsay definately needs brought down several notches, and it shocks me how much I have started to detest her character lately! Anyhooo....I'm going to give the new girl a chance for a couple of eps and then make my judgement. Maybe she will fit in? I can only live in hope. :lol:

Y'know, this is only supposed to be an audition vid. It's my understanding that TPTB haven't made a decision one way or the other, So I think all this teeth gnashing over her is a bit premature.

Personally, I liked her and I didn't. I agree with what others have said about the timbre of her voice, especially in the first segment. It was just a bit greater.

I thought her portrayal of the Peyton stuff was a bit clumsy, so that was a bit of a no, IMO.

I did like her portrayal of Lindsay's monologue. In my Personal Opinion, which is just mine, Anna Belknap's interpretation was angry, petulant and quite frankly, childish. Christina Murphy's was more upset, hurt and confused. I like that she was able to cry in it.

I do wish that they'd have put the fight between Peyton and Mac in there. A little angry fire would have been nice, IMO.

Still, it's just an audition tape, not sure from where or when or how many times they'd run through it before they settled on this take, so...yeah. Not making any snap judgements.

An interesting thing is that I've looked Murphy up on IMDB, and it doesn't seem as though she has all that much experience. That's interesting. Not sure it means anything one way or the other.

ok i dont know if someone seen this but this is the one for the roll Kaye Sullivan, i dont like her already sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRUOfbFEK7w

is there no test audience that can vote , if they like her or no"?

just they do it like ncis LA. now is t Linda Hunt instead of the younger woman
Yes, honey, we've seen it. That's exactly the video we're discussing, but thanks anyway!

I don't like her or Kaye's description, but I'll be glad to admit I was wrong if I change my mind and end up liking Kaye and/or C. Murphy. When I started watching the show, I had no opinion about Melina because I knew nothing about her and hated Stella's guts with all my soul. Today I think Melina is a great actress and Stella is my favorite character. And I'm still happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back