CSI: NY Season Two DVD Party! *DVD Spoilers*

season 2 part 2 comes out on monday here in the uk... woohoo!!! cant wait.. although i have to get it when i get paid on the friday
I'm not a fan of buying them in parts, as they actually cost more when you add it up and the special features aren't as good.

I hear you, that's why I chose to buy the US version. Still confused about the subtitles though, wouldn't want to find out the European version has them...

The DVDs cost a bomb in the UK

I got the complete season 1 boxset for £50 which is about $80 I think
I had to by the 2nd season in 2 parts as thats all we have lol I managed to get the 1st part quite cheap on amazon for £20 RRP is usually £32 - the 2nd Part cost me £40ish

But since 23rd October, ALL CSI boxsets (that are available) are Buy.One.Get.One.Free and they RRP @ £32 and they are only avialable in Part 1 Part 2 format so the cheapest you could by a whole season would be £32 which is still more expensive than in the US I imagine.
I swear Prices are scandalous in UK - it is acutual robbery

CSI:NY Season 1 & Season 2 in total has cost me £113 which is coming up to $200

I got my DVDs from play.com and they were on buy one get one free and only cost me £29.98. It is supposed to be a christmas present from my Gan and Grandad but what they don't know is I switched the DVDs from season 1 and put them in the season 2 box so I can watch S2 before christmas!!:devil:

I also bought the first half of the season over ebay in the UK for about 22 Pounds including postage to Germany. First I also wanted to buy the second part in the UK. But then I decided to buy the whole season in the US version. I payed about the same price for the whole season than I payed for half UK version. And it also looks better on my collection, because I also have the US box for season 1.

I also think that the specials might be better on the whole season DVDs - at least I couldn't find any audio commentaries on that half season box for example. What I'm missing are the subtitles - the UK version at least has the one for the hearing impaired. So if I really don't understand something at all - I can read, which makes it easier then.

What I'm missing are the subtitles - the UK version at least has the one for the hearing impaired.

I don't understand why the UK version has the subtitles and the US version doesn't. Surely there are people with hearing impairments in the US too.

I also don't understand this. I would say I'm maybe just to silly to find the subtitles... but as I read above Orison can't find them too...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this is totally weird. Almost -every- show that comes out on DVD has subtitles, why should be CSI:NY any different???

^ Yeah, I did. And sadly, there's no such option.

It's not that I have problems understanding English, but sometimes I like to turn the subtitles on to see if I missed anything.

I got all my dvds before the BOGOF offer start *typical* so I lost out....I did get CSI:Miami Season 3 BOGOF though : D

I didn't even know they had an offer on and I was just looking for nothing in particular so I had a lot of begging to do so I could order them all together

Hubs is buying me my copy for xmas but it took a LOT of persuasion. He couldn't understand why I would want the DVD set when I watch it every week and make VHS copies.

*sighs* Men. Sometimes they just don't get it, do they.....

:lol: :lol:

Back