CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

For CSI: NY's Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise), work comes first. So why is his love life getting so much attention lately?

CSI: NY: Madchen Amick to heat up Mac's love life

"For six seasons you didn't get to follow Mac home," Madchen Amick, who plays Mac's latest love interest, Dr. Aubrey Hunter, tells TVGuide.com. "[The writers] really wanted to explore that and give another dimension to Mac. They felt like fans are ready to see Mac outside of work life."

However, Amick says, Mac and Aubrey hit it off because they're so focused on their work. "They have this immediate attraction, and they probably recognize within each other without really knowing that they're both very career-driven," she says. "Mac's always so busy with his cases and never has time in personal relationships that Aubrey ends up being something really refreshing to him."
Aubrey's career? Before becoming an emergency-room doctor in New York, she served two tours as a medic in Afghanistan. "She's very driven, but also very passionate about serving people," the 39-year-old Amick says. "That's the reason she's serving in the Reserves and working as an emergency room doctor as opposed to being some physician with a practice sitting back making money."

Check out photos of the CSI: NY cast

In Wednesday's episode (10/9c on CBS) Aubrey and Mac each get a glimpse of how the other works. Although the relationship will move slow, Amick says, it's nice to see Mac let his guard down a bit.

"I think Mac questions everything and never really jumps into stuff," she says. "But there seems to be something brighter about his day after we meet. So, he's not resisting it. He actually reaches back out, so that's a pretty big step for him."

CSI: NY exclusive: Peyton is back! Who will Mac choose?

Although Mac will eventually be forced to decide between Aubrey and returning former lover Peyton (Claire Forlani), Amick says she's enjoyed the innocence of the Aubrey-Mac pairing.

"It's interesting that they're both smitten with each other but don't quite no how to move forward," Amick says. "It's almost like new love back in high school: "Do I make the move?' ... But they eventually realize, 'Wow, we have more in common than we thought.'"

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Madchen-Amick-CSINY-1016964.aspx

Thank a lot Perl for the interesting Info!

:thumbsup::devil:

That's what I like about Mac/Aubrey so far. It's sweet and even a bit old fashioned in a way.

Thanks for the clips, perlnoir. I gotta say, I think Aubrey is adorable, and she and Mac are pretty sweet together. I'm curious to see how things progress as we head toward the start of The Twilight Saga: New York. :lol:

I thought about the Reserve thing too, Jade Nolan - it definitely gives them an explanation for Aubrey's departure if the storyline goes that way or if Madchen can't come back. And I'm sure they'll have an out for Peyton when she shows up as well...

It's going to be kind of mean if they set up that Mac's gotta choose between two women - and then they both leave and he's alone again. :lol:

... and along comes Stella. :p

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

^^^^^^^^^HA HA!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your Naughty!!!:devil::lol:

Thanks for the clips. Very interesting. I like that they are giving Aubrey the military reserve background -- opens up some intriguing possibilities not only for a departure but for an actual character arc.

I'm curious to see how she comes across in the emergency room scenes. There's something a bit "artificial" about her demeanor in the lab clip which is making my spidey senses go off....

Have you got anything on the ‘CSI: NY’ season finale? – jessmary25 via Twitter
I leaned on Melina Kanakaredes for some hints, but she convinced me that she had no idea what boss lady Pam Veasey had planned, outside of Shane Casey being involved. “I imagine somebody’s going to be in peril,” she hedged, “since we usually end up in peril somehow!”

source:big tease fancast

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/the-big-tease-scoop-on-csi-miami-good-wife-and-more/

Interesting... I wonder who it's going to be. I'm sure this is the thing involving the Messer family... but I still hope it's Danny and not either Lindsay and/or Lucy.

Also got this from Fancast:

I’m dying to know if it’s true that ‘CSI: NY’s Eddie Cahill is guest-starring on ABC’s ‘Romantically Challenged.’ – Joey
As I shared last week, Eddie McClintock is set to visit Alyssa Milano’s show, which by the way now won’t premiere until April 19. But no Cahill.

So I guess it's a different Eddie guest-starring on that show after all!

^^^
Someone on another site mentioned a tweet from a set designer where he talked of designing a lighthouse for the finale as Danny & Lindsay are on vacation. Makes me think that means they will be in peril together. :confused:

The set up with Aubrey being in Air Force reserves would be a great out for her if her schedule doesn't allow any further involvement at this time. The great thing that they have done is this: They have already established Mac and Aubrey communicating in notes to one another as #39 and #40. If they do write out the character it would be great to have her go back overseas and then they could continue the storyline with them writing to one another throughout the season with maybe her doing voice for the letters or e-mails to Mac. It sounds sappy, I know, but it would be one way to continue the relationship without her being onscreen on a regular basis and Mac, being a military man himself, would understand and honor that commitment. I would rather see that than see him go back with Peyton.

ETA: As for Danny and Lindsay and the lighthouse, maybe they are on that belated honeymoon that Danny mentioned in the early part of the season and Lucy is safe at home with Auntie Stella or Gdaddy Mac. I can see Shane Casey tracking them out of town...he's just that creepy.

Last edited:

That would be gorgeous! Except for the part about Peyton at the end, that's an absolutely fantastic idea. I'd kill to see that happen!

^^^
Someone on another site mentioned a tweet from a set designer where he talked of designing a lighthouse for the finale as Danny & Lindsay are on vacation. Makes me think that means they will be in peril together. :confused:

ETA: As for Danny and Lindsay and the lighthouse, maybe they are on that belated honeymoon that Danny mentioned in the early part of the season and Lucy is safe at home with Auntie Stella or Gdaddy Mac. I can see Shane Casey tracking them out of town...he's just that creepy.

Yep, I bet that's what's going to happen. At least it sounds like it won't be a baby kidnapping!

^^^

Yep, I bet that's what's going to happen. At least it sounds like it won't be a baby kidnapping!

The sad part will be the reason they both have time off to travel...both probably get suspended because of Danny's missing badge and Mac has told them not to come back without it!

For CSI: NY's Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise), work comes first. So why is his love life getting so much attention lately?

CSI: NY: Madchen Amick to heat up Mac's love life

"For six seasons you didn't get to follow Mac home," Madchen Amick, who plays Mac's latest love interest, Dr. Aubrey Hunter, tells TVGuide.com. "[The writers] really wanted to explore that and give another dimension to Mac. They felt like fans are ready to see Mac outside of work life."

However, Amick says, Mac and Aubrey hit it off because they're so focused on their work. "They have this immediate attraction, and they probably recognize within each other without really knowing that they're both very career-driven," she says. "Mac's always so busy with his cases and never has time in personal relationships that Aubrey ends up being something really refreshing to him."
Aubrey's career? Before becoming an emergency-room doctor in New York, she served two tours as a medic in Afghanistan. "She's very driven, but also very passionate about serving people," the 39-year-old Amick says. "That's the reason she's serving in the Reserves and working as an emergency room doctor as opposed to being some physician with a practice sitting back making money."

Check out photos of the CSI: NY cast

In Wednesday's episode (10/9c on CBS) Aubrey and Mac each get a glimpse of how the other works. Although the relationship will move slow, Amick says, it's nice to see Mac let his guard down a bit.

"I think Mac questions everything and never really jumps into stuff," she says. "But there seems to be something brighter about his day after we meet. So, he's not resisting it. He actually reaches back out, so that's a pretty big step for him."

CSI: NY exclusive: Peyton is back! Who will Mac choose?

Although Mac will eventually be forced to decide between Aubrey and returning former lover Peyton (Claire Forlani), Amick says she's enjoyed the innocence of the Aubrey-Mac pairing.

"It's interesting that they're both smitten with each other but don't quite no how to move forward," Amick says. "It's almost like new love back in high school: "Do I make the move?' ... But they eventually realize, 'Wow, we have more in common than we thought.'"
source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Madchen-Amick-CSINY-1016964.aspx

Sooo...maybe it's a good sign that Mac/Aubrey is being promoted pretty heavily these days? (Seems like a lot of work to go through if this is the ship they plan on sinking...) I like the idea of this happening:

CSI_Cupcake said:
The set up with Aubrey being in Air Force reserves would be a great out for her if her schedule doesn't allow any further involvement at this time. The great thing that they have done is this: They have already established Mac and Aubrey communicating in notes to one another as #39 and #40. If they do write out the character it would be great to have her go back overseas and then they could continue the storyline with them writing to one another throughout the season with maybe her doing voice for the letters or e-mails to Mac. It sounds sappy, I know, but it would be one way to continue the relationship without her being onscreen on a regular basis and Mac, being a military man himself, would understand and honor that commitment. I would rather see that than see him go back with Peyton.

It'd be great to see a long-distance relationship for Mac. Of everyone on the team, he's easily the one with the most patience to make one work, and it would be a good way to work around Madchen Amick's schedule if/when she can't be around.

Lucy is safe at home with Auntie Stella or Gdaddy Mac.
Okay, they had better show this! :lol::lol: I for one would kill to finally get a scene where Mac's babysitting.

ETA: ^ Well, another one -- I know he kind of babysat in Necrophilia Americana, but that was so long ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back