CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

I agree. Do you realize it has been a couple of months since Danny lost is badge and found out that Shane Casey has it, and it has not been mentioned yet. The problem with all these reruns is it causes one to lose interest in the storyline.
And now after telling us that Payton is back we find out that that may not be the case.
I am going off topic for just a moment to make a point about spoilers. I own my own business. I have a consession stand. In my business customer service is the most important thing. As a business owner I know that without customers it would not matter how good my food is, if no one is buying it. I would also go broke. My point being that tv entertainment is a business too. If you don't have loyel fans watching the show you lose money and have to cancel it. I would think the producers would respect the fan's ( customers ) enough to not throw out spoilers that are false or misleading as a way of keeping them talking while their pooduct is not available. All the reruns, and dropped storylines, and weak writing this season are frustrating enough without having to get us riled up as a way to hopefully keep out interest. It should be clear that the people who come on these and other boards a die hard fan's and should be treated with respect not toyed with. As I close I have realized something, maybe I just should't look at spoilers. Thank you for letting me vent. Spread the love. :luvlove:

Couldnt have said it better myself.

The writing on this show is getting so bad it is almost embarrassing that Gary Sinise even wants to stay on.

I guess it's possible that they haven't finalized anything with Claire yet, so they don't want to confirm her return until they're sure. (I'm reminded of when we heard Jacqueline Pinol was coming back, and then everything got changed.)

Or maybe they just want us to talk more - by not confirming or denying her return, it's making us all wonder. That could be a very clever choice. :p

Speaking of Jacqueline Pinol, I think I saw her in a commercial the other day. It's one of the wireless phone commercials and I think she is a flight attendant on a plane. Can't think of the wireless provider right now but it's either Verizon or AT&T. Has anyone else seen this one?

Hey, check it out, I'm a cop now *points to "Police Office" under her name*. Now, where did I leave my badge???

My point being that tv entertainment is a business too. If you don't have loyel fans watching the show you lose money and have to cancel it. I would think the producers would respect the fan's ( customers ) enough to not throw out spoilers that are false or misleading as a way of keeping them talking while their pooduct is not available.

i dunno, the difference between the entertainment industry (not just tv, but general media stuff) is that they really really need publicity to get anywhere. as a store owner, if you misadvertise, it can be illegal, you have to sell the products as advertised (at least you do in the uk, it's what we have the trading standards authority for!) - with entertainment people often don't want to know what the product is before it's released - people don't want to know how a film is going to go before they watch it, it spoils it! so they can't advertise the product by saying exactly what will happen - they need to rely on getting people excited enough about the product to watch it - and misleading or vague spoilers are a really, really good way of doing that. just see on here, whenever there's a somewhat controversial spoiler, we all go a bit crazy, it's a hot topic right up until that ep airs, and because we've all been talking about it we all have to see the show to see exactly what's going on - throwing out misleading spoilers, if they generate a lot of gossip, is great for the tv/movie business, because it makes people interested enough to watch.

^ I agree -- I definitely get the frustration of being mislead, no mistake about that, but CSI: NY is hardly the first show to use the tactic. The more something gets talked about, the more people previously unconnected with that thing, hear about it, and possibly get interested. And usually, it's those who are already fans of the show that generate the talk/sell the show for them. Depending on how well the showrunners have managed to stir them up :p

I don't think the spoilers are being intentionally misleading. If they were doing that on purpose I'd think they would have done a better job of hiding what happened in the S6 premiere with Danny being the one shot and wounded and Angell dying in the S5 finale. Why would people be more interesed if everything has been spoiled?

And I agree with what faylinn said too, which was basically this: They may want Claire Forlani back and have written that into the script, but spoilers are always subject to change. If it's not a done deal and they end up not being able to get her back then the script changes. Spoilers aren't the "Gospel Truth" and I think people need to remember that before they start hurling accusations at TPTB about intentionally misleading people.

Possibly it's not even the spoilers being misleading or wrong but this article? It happened before. It also happened before that someone from tvguide or whatever it was gave us an information for an episode but we all knew the event would happen later and the spoilers were right while the tvguide article (or wherever else that was from) was wrong. Maybe they're just teasing us with not confirming it yet. *shrugs*

Or maybe we should all stop analysing it and just let things unfold as they are when the time's right? :lol: Torture to say so, but ...

Or maybe we should all stop analysing it and just let things unfold as they are when the time's right? :lol: Torture to say so, but ...

Yes I couldn't agree more, the more you keep analysing every little detail of the the show the crazier your gonna drive yourself, no show is prefect, but we just have to hope the writers know where their going with the story/show and trust that its all gonna work out in the end!!!!

Oh that's no fun! Going batshit crazy trying to analyze spoilers is part of what makes watching the show. :p

Again, you have a point. Why do you always have a point?! *grumbles.*

Now, where did I leave my badge???
I believe I saw it in a locker at the acupunctures:lol:

the more you keep analysing every little detail of the the show the crazier your gonna drive yourself,
Take a left I think you will find it at the end of the block!

We might as well drive ourselves crazy its going to be a long two more weeks!:lol:

AJ posted this picture of him and Carmine on Twitter:

http://twitpic.com/1aopee - Me and carmine fighting crime !!!

78414998-063dc8cd4be163b534340b6ba4.jpg

Hehe cute picture. :)

I wonder what ep they were filming around the time the pic was taken.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH TOO ADORABLE!!!! (the pic of danny/adam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back