CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

AMEN to that! Can't think of much of anything I'd rather not see on this show. But I've been pretty vocal about that so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

I'd love for it to be something really cool, something psychological, something that we completely don't expect. The writers have an opportunity with the combination of Shane Casey and Danny Messer to do something really creative and I hope they go there...full speed.

Whoops! Posted twice in a row. Sorry about that.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

LOL, I'm always lurking. [​IMG]

3. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Mac with a 'fro! :guffaw:

... and thank you, Lori K. :thumbsup: I'm in danger of smiley overload now.

I'm kind of torn 'bout this whole thing, to be honest. I don't mind Mac being in the center of attention (he is the main character, after all) but at the same time, I want a little more concentration on Sheldon, and at the same time, I want more time spent on Danny and Lindsay and their big finale, and at the same time ...

Ah, well. C'est la vie. It'll come to us when it's right, and we'll love it when it does.

Hey, I've got another question for you guys ... what exactly is a fandom, by the way? Obviously it's something to do with fans of something, but ... :confused: Thank you!

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

'Fandom' refers to fans and fan-related activities for a given tv show/book/movie/etc, I guess you could say. (Message boards, fanfiction, fan art, discussions, conventions - stuff like that all falls under the umbrella of fandom. By posting online like this, we're participating in the fandom community for CSI:NY - although fandom doesn't just refer to online activities, of course. ;))

I hope that made sense. :)

5. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

I think so - thank you, Faylinn! I'm just kind of new to all this TV-show-worshipping kind of stuff. :)

6. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Wow you post such a looooong replies I'm having trouble reading them because english is not my first language, but I love them! :lol:

I'm not complaining about that Mac getting all the material, because he's the main character after all. And I don't think other characters have been neglected. What I don't like is that their effort to highlight Mac is excessive and blatant most of the time. But I think you already know what I've meant. :)

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I agree and as much as I love Gary I do enjoy the episodes where he stays in the background a little more. Not to often mind you!:)
    But what I think we REALLY need is an episode about Adam and his dad with his dad or flashbacks there of.

I think this Peyton thing is just a tongue wagger. If it really meant anything why would Mac not be the first person she contacts while being back in the states? Or will she be "Lost":rolleyes: Sorry no matter who I ship I just could not warm up to her she seemed abit needy and self centered to me at least I dont see that with Aubry but then again only saw her in one episode.

8. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I don't think they look alike, but I do think the writers have depicted a "Type," and that there could be a reason for it. Various possibilities are all overdone and soapish. What you've described, where he's still stuck on Peyton and hadn't realized it, or, in the scenario I earlier described on my :shifty: list, that they will try to capitalize on the parallel points in both (brunettes and docs) and use it in the plot. I do hope it's all contained in the one episode and that it's only personal scarring type fallout that might trickle into next season. If the show somehow and for some reason puts both Mac's triangle and DL as cliffhanger issues, the production offices will need a water cannon to get rid of all the suds.

Which leads me to:

...a pertinent point of consolation :lol:. Thank you. I hope this is the case.

:lol:

...yes, I know :)alienblush:). I'm sorry :lol:. It's a chronic condition I battle. And I've gotten worse with the extended lulls between the airing of new episodes :lol:.

Having taken the trouble to slog through them, I'm very glad you find them at least entertaining :p:)

Mallets. Big, heavy mallets, I agree. That's kinda what I meant when I said I think the writers could do better by him. :p:)

Agree.

This is another plot element I hope steers clear of suds. Especially as it is the cliffhanger. I hope it ties into the Shane Casey thing. And I really, really hope this could be a step to revitalizing Danny as a character.

:lol: I gotta agree here, but less in feeling it's particularly misleading (nothing much has been revealed) and more in that, with a bloody month between new episodes, the show would obviously love to find ways to keep people talking.

I think an ep where more of his history is shown would be great. AJ is a guy who took the smallest scenes and parlayed them into a really fun character. Imagine what he could do if they wrote something where he got more time and material to shine with. Sheldon and Flack got more attention this year, perhaps next year, Sheldon will get the other stories they've already started developing for him, and that Adam and Sid will also get more to do.

9. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Adam's Dad definitely needs more work. Enough said.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

very well said. if i'd got here earlier i would've said the same - as it is i'll just quote you ;)

me too, i can't imagine gary agreeing to do anything *too* soapish, so i'm hoping he has had some input into keeping it on the right side of frothy!

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Playing catch-up!

On the Sheldon-issue: I will say that one of the ways this season has delivered for me, has been on the material he's been given and the continuity for his character (aside from the no-love-interest, which I do agree would've fit perfectly into this season. More than Mac/Aubrey seems to at the moment. Oh, I can believe they're going somewhere with Mac/Aubrey/Peyton :lol:, I just don't see where at this point). I still wish for more, and for his development to have been a little less choppy; but comparatively TPTB have done pretty well on this front. Sheldon mentioned in "It Happened to Me" that he'd been asking for overtime, which is why it made sense that he was kind of a jack-of-all-trades this season when Sid/Adam/Lindsay were missing. It was a bit of continuity that I really liked -- especially with him covering the autopsies, it reminded me that technically, he's still registered as an ME.

On the Adam issue: his dad needs to be mentioned again, period (and dealt with, IMO, but I have zero faith that that's actually going to be handled :shifty:). I really hope they do better on this front next season. What this season's made up for me in terms of Hawkes, it's directly counteracted with the lack of development for several other characters. Yeah, I know they can't do it all in one season :p

12. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, your words in God´s, resp. TPTB´s ears :D, but it could well be the other way round and they give Peyton a story, e.g. she might be in some sort of trouble which involves Mac´s mysterious neighbour, and of course, Mac the super hero wants to help Peyton, which also makes him re-discover his old feelings for her, which in due course gets him trapped between his feelings for her and for Aubrey.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh ok, now I get it.

And I disagree, I think it *should* involve Stella. I'd love to see it myself...don't think it'd ruin things at all. The only trouble would be what I've said in the past, Mac might not consider it proper given his personal code and things like that. If that could be worked out, I think they'd make a great couple.

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Ditto to that!!:thumbsup:

15. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Ditto to that. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.