CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

There is not evidence on the contrary either. Maybe it was her shift, she went out some minutes and in the middle there was that emergency easy ;)

as usual it's a matter of perception. They are not siblings as you have just said and they wouldn't be the first leads to be romantically envolved

Many times, and for years now, they have played with the idea of a hook up between them which was highly frustrating for shippers

But it was like a wild rollercoaster: as soon we were high , we started going down again so it was a pace back and forth between "something" and the "nothing"

As i said inside another therad it's the time they should decide what the heck they want to do with the two of them

Sometimes to pretend not to put the leads together is what it ruins a show at the end because it's not realistic. I know at least 2 cases of successful shows that were affected by irreality.

:D

2. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

They have never played with the idea of a hook-up. :confused: Where do you get that from. In every interview given by Gary and Melina along with Peter Lencov, when people have posed the question will Mac and Stella hook up the answer has been no.

3. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Live Q&A Chat with Carmine Giovinazzo of CSI: NY

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Like a "One night stand" perhaps?

Only if he wants a sexual harrassemnet suite slapped on him!:lol:
    Oh the HORROR!!!

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't recall making EVERY interaction between Adam/Stella into something that wasn't there. Yeah, I've seen some subtext and I've commented on it, but I've also admitted that in CANON TPTB has dropped it. Would I like to see more? Yeah. Am I saying there is more (in canon)where there obviously isn't? No. Huge difference - subtext isn't canon.

Anywhoo . . . back on topic. I'm really excited to see Flack interact with a little boy. I'm betting it'll be really sweet. :adore: I'm also really interested to see if there's good chemistry between Mac and his new lady. I did like Peyton (although the "Dear John" letter was lame; but hey, people make mistakes) so I'm hoping I like this new woman as well.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

but he's not just her boss, he's her friend, and those things make perfect sense in a friendship context.

last time i checked, all stella's actions were being directed at adam ;):guffaw::guffaw:

this, basically. i think it'd be interesting to take it to another level someday, maybe, but i don't think it's necessary, i don't think the way they interact necessarily shows romance, i think you're absolutely right that it's more about trust, on a more basic level, which comes from working in that kind of situation.

[ot]however, Jade, please don't use the word familiarity, especially immediately after someone's explained that intimate doesn't have to mean sexual - you know what it does to me :(:lol:[/ot]

7. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I'm very excited for Mac to have a new person in his life. I don't know that I want to see him come completely undone like Chegwidden (Chedwiggen???) did in JAG when they brought in someone for him, but seeing Mac take interest in a woman would be a good thing for his character. With Peyton it was all about the workplace and how open he could be (which is why I don't want him and Stella to become a thing). I'd like to see them open up his character a bit and let him have a life outside the lab with someone new.

As for Flack with the little boy... that makes me smile every time I think about it.

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

probably it wasn't made too obvious but for years we had "hints". I guess they were just to keep possibilities open
    I think after 6 seasons (I don't say years because i have started watching this in the middle of S3) Smackies deserve an answer
    Hopefully it won't happen what it did with Law and Order SVU. Poor shippers there have spent 11 years waiting (And i am a shipper there too but i am not watching)

9. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Sorry if I am wrongly interjecting myself into this discussion and I will probably get burned for this but what wth:

Whether one sees the interactions of Mac and Stella as "hints" of romance or compatibility or not, The fact is that although Stella has touched, hugged, kissed Mac and adjusted his tie (as did Lindsay once as well), Mac has never reciprocated with any sign of affection except for the hug at Christmas this season. That was sweet but not romantic. Hell, we haven't even caught him looking at her boobs and they've been on display for six seasons! Stella on the other hand is a very touchy feely person. I wonder if that is a characteristic of Melina as a person that she has incorporated into the character. Stella has also hugged Sheldon, touched Adam (before the night at the motel), hugged and or touched Flack, kissed him on the cheek, touched Danny (in his apartment no less). That alone tells me that people see what they want to see in a person's actions.

When it comes time for the "familiar character" to tell Mac of their feelings for him, I hope it's not Stella. To me it would be very selfish of her to wait until he is involved with someone else to tell him what her feelings are, especially when she has had such an active social life herself for the past 5 seasons. I just don't see how I could respect the character if that happens.

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yay for new spoilers. Just a question- am I right when I remember that this season will be shorter? Like only 21 episodes or so? I don't remember for sure.

Anyway the episode description sounds very interesting. I'm happy to see Lindsay in the episode, and Sid as well. Here is hope for Danny and Lindsay working together in a scene again. ;) Also I like the idea of Flack taking care of the boy. Did we ever see him interact with children before? I bet it'll be an adorable scene. I so wish they wouldn't do the 'one character isn't in the episode' stuff anymore, because it would be nice if Adam was in as well.

About the other discussion. I still believe that chemistry between characters is subjective; some see it, some don't. It's no fact, it's also not non-existent. I think it's the cool thing about shipping.

11. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

NAAAAAAAAAAAAW! :luvlove: Awww, this is gonna be awesome! *dreamy sigh*

I totally agree! That is EXACTLY what I've been thinking too! People hug all the time without anything romantically going on. : D

12. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Sorry top41!
    I have reduced the banner

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think interpretation and subtext is the cool part of shipping as well, it's just that interpretation, subtext and what people want to see often gets mistaken for canon and that is the part of shipping that isn't so cool IMO.

If interpretation and subtext were indicators of canon or what is to become canon then everyone in the lab would be doing it like rabbits with everyone else because each ship can make a case for their own subtext and interpretations of interactions between characters.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  14. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

There are more ways than just the fact of being displayed on screen as "touchy"

Mac allowed Stella an emotional closeness he didn't allow to anybody else not even Peyton. He allowed himself to be vulnerable,to show his real emotions in front someone different than Claire
    You can say "Well, they are the best friends"

And yes, i 'd agree but i am a firm believer, your soulmate MUST be your friend
    I mean, what's the point of being married to George when you only express your real feelings to David?:confused:

Of course, everything was made in a "subtle" way so in that way non shippers could say it was just a friendship exchange and we, shippers, coul say ther was more than a simple friendship

As usual a matter of perception

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.