CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have to say that I am a little sad to hear that Rikki will be returning.

Once upon a time I enjoyed D/L, then slowly this past season I started to wish that they would just end the damn thing. It was getting to be way too much.

I know it has been said that Lindsey needn't be involved in a new Rikki storyline, but if it turns into, as I fear, a connection/relationship with Danny. I think we will really see Lindsey hurt by this.

Now once again I will admit that there is no "canon" proof of a D/L relationship. ( I use quotes, because I wasn't sure if I was using the term correctly) However, we all know that Lindsey had/has feelings for Danny. And to find out that he was or will be with Rikki is sure to be painful.

It happens to the best of us, myself included, that we develop feelings and unrequinted love, and may have even have been dupped into believeing in a relationship real or not. Maybe not even tricked by the other person, but by our own hopes and imagination.

So how I see it, when Rikki returns there is a vast possiblilty for some D/R/L drama, gulp. :(

Even if you think that it is non of Lindsey's business what Danny and Rikki do, I am sure you can appreciate the hurt that comes when someone you love chooses someone else, even if your love was one sided.

That's just been rolling around in my head for a few hours, maybe getting it out will help me sleep.

Perhaps my shrink was right and I am overly empathetic, and it has just reached a new level when I sympathize with TV characters. I should totally post this under "How you know you watch too much CSI NY" :p

I, too, am wary of this news, but not because I think Riki Sandoval is an evil, home-wrecking whore. I'm leery because this reeks like a rabid meerkat's asshole of bad soap opera angst. I smell the sweet, putrid, nuclear baby-diaper tang of baby drama wherein Riki reappears to tell him that his scores at the gun range are a dirty, dirty lie, and that he hit the target bang-on. What follows will, of course, be a convoluted string of overwrought baby drama. Lindsay will discover that Danny has been showing his "special piece" to other women and have an ass kitten on live television, one with a sleek, brown coat and sharp little claws. Danny will be unable to cope with the prospect of fatherhood and go into denial. Paternity tests will be ordered, and the results will arrive during February sweeps. Flack will counsel Danny to be a stand-up guy.

:lol: Your posts, always so eloquent and creatively worded, never fail to crack me up. Danny probably shouldn't be sharing his "special piece" with anyone for a while after this season. :lol: And Lindsay will definitely have an "ass kitten." :lol: Can't you just picture the scrunch face for that??? :lol: *shudders*

Now once again I will admit that there is no "canon" proof of a D/L relationship. ( I use quotes, because I wasn't sure if I was using the term correctly) However, we all know that Lindsey had/has feelings for Danny. And to find out that he was or will be with Rikki is sure to be painful.

It happens to the best of us, myself included, that we develop feelings and unrequinted love, and may have even have been dupped into believeing in a relationship real or not. Maybe not even tricked by the other person, but by our own hopes and imagination.

So how I see it, when Rikki returns there is a vast possiblilty for some D/R/L drama, gulp. :(

Even if you think that it is non of Lindsey's business what Danny and Rikki do, I am sure you can appreciate the hurt that comes when someone you love chooses someone else, even if your love was one sided.

And maybe that's a reason behind Rikki's return, if it does mean something more will happen with her and Danny. Lindsay is, in the eyes of many fans, a pretty unsympathetic character. Seeing her have to grapple with unrequited feelings for Danny could be a gateway for the audience as a whole to sympathize with her. I certainly would have more over what happened with Danny and Rikki if she hadn't turned around and played manipulation games with Danny. If that gets stripped away, and she really and truly does lose him, then that might allow the audience as a whole to feel something for her.

Top41 said:
Lindsay is, in the eyes of many fans, a pretty unsympathetic character.

What? Where do you get she's unsympathetic? Did you poll all the fans? I don't think we all agree with that one, no offense.

Top41 said:
Lindsay is, in the eyes of many fans, a pretty unsympathetic character.

What? Where do you get she's unsympathetic? Did you poll all the fans? I don't think we all agree with that one, no offense.

I said "many" not "all." There are many fans who find her so, just as there are many who like her.

Okay, I recently emailed the administrator of Jacqueline Pinol's website and their reply was:

To answer your question re: csi n.y. The network has expressed interest in bringing Rikki Sandoval back to the show.

:D That's right, guys, TPTB wants her back!

Okay, I recently emailed the administrator of Jacqueline Pinol's website and their reply was:

To answer your question re: csi n.y. The network has expressed interest in bringing Rikki Sandoval back to the show.

Great that you mentioned that Kimmy, because I also had some people tell me that TPTB have expressed interest.

I think it's absolutely wonderful that the network wants her back. She's an amazing actress and Rikki is a wonderful character.

That is great to hear that they want her back.

There is so much they can do with her character.(and I hope its not only the D/L drama)

And maybe that's a reason behind Rikki's return, if it does mean something more will happen with her and Danny. Lindsay is, in the eyes of many fans, a pretty unsympathetic character. Seeing her have to grapple with unrequited feelings for Danny could be a gateway for the audience as a whole to sympathize with her.

I see your point, but I wonder if the audience as a whole already do sympathasise with her. I don't know of course but the views within the fandom are only a small percentage of viewers and even then as you say there may be many that don't sympathise with her but there are still many that do. At the moment I would even speculate that generally the sympathy is relatively fairly distributed in terms of the triangular nature of this storyline.

I was certainly left feeling sympathy with all three throughout the storyline in S4 but I think tptb will need to tread a very thin line in terms of maintaining that throughout S5. That is, unless of course they decide to go down a route where they intentionally want a specific character to come across unsympathetic. I'm not sure they will want that though, and I know I certainly don't. :)

I think it will be great having Rikki back. She brought out a side of Danny that no one, even Lindsay couldn't. He just seemed so relaxed around her and that was nice to see.

^^Yeah, she brought a lot out of Danny and, I think, Carmine as well - the more I think about it, the more I realize just how talented she is.

I also think, regardless of what the fans feel, the writers need to do what they think is right for the show and the characters - whether that makes us as viewers sympathetic or not. Love it or hate it, I think most of us will probably still watch it. ;)

^^I agree. She made Danny human again and let him be his own person, not what she wanted him to be. Plus, Carmine and Jacqueline play off of each other very well. I'm sure TPTB picked up on that and it's one of the reasons they want her back.

I also agree that the writers need to do what they feel is right for the show/characters. No matter what direction they go, they can't please all the fans all the time. I'm confident that no matter what they do, Jacqueline Pinol will give a wonderful performance. No matter what happens, I will definitely still watch the show because I am a fan of CSI:NY.

Not to throw the D/L fans into a frenzy, but I think they're brining Rikki back to end the D/L plotline. However they choose to do that is anyone's guess, but it's my feeling that may end...

Hey i have been re reading spoilers and I realized something

(Quoting Mrs Veasey)
And what happens to Mac is going to make him even stronger. He won't have any initial, apparent emotional disturbances after he's free, except anger and determination to get "Joe," the guy who took him hostage. He's a very smart criminal who pushes emotional buttons to get what he wants.

Her statement intrigues me. Did she want to say he would have late emotional disturbances??????????

I watched Hostage yesterday and i wonder if Mac would receive any punishment for helping Joe to be free

Also When did Stella meet Brett, the Security Guy???? I mean she is a Senior CSI but how does she know someone from a Federal Agency?????????????

Debbie :D (i can't wait for Veritas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I would just like to say that I personally don't mind if the show has some drama in it IF it is written and executed well.

Yes, I know it's a show about forensics, and yes that should be the principal focus. But I think you also need to keep in mind that CSI NY is the third of three CSI shows. For me the personal aspect of the show is really what sets it apart. I mean if all the shows were just people at work solving crimes, it might work once, but twice again, I doubt it. They would all start looking the same, but with a different backdrop and different characters. When you have actual personal stories going on you no longer just have CSI's but you have CSI's who are human and real.

That being said I would have no problem for Rikki to come back so long as it's written and done well.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back