CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaveAma92

VaveAma92 Police Officer

I would feel really bad if the baby died. For one, with today's technology, children don't die as often as they used to. Of course there is the inevitable some times and we can;t control it. But I think that since the writers had the audience reeled in with the pregnancy, having the child die would be just... In don't know. I mean, if I was Anna on the show, and really, pregnant and my bosses killed my fake baby,... it would be to awkward. I am looking forward to D/L being parents. people generally mature when they each parenthood. Maybe Lindsay can mature enough to finally run her own case!!! I want to see her develop soooo bad! I liked her and then I was like "Eh." I just wanna see Danny holding his new baby girl. I don't care whether you like this tory line or not--- that would the cutest thing on the face of the earth. And you know it!

I don't want Angell to die because she , well, rocks! She and Flack and just dynamic together. But I guess we'll have to find out.:(

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Unlike NBC who killed off Carter's kid in ER.

I remember watching an Australian soap years ago and they'd written a pregnancy into the show on account of the actress's real life pregnancy, and then a few months later killed the kid off. It happens. There's a show called Holby City in the UK, and the survival rate for characters children is not good (almost as bad as the survival rate for the characters themselves, lol!)

3. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Why punish the baby? It ain't her fault her parents don't have any chemistry and her mom's not the least bit developed.

Yes, the baby is fictional, and yes children sadly do die in real life and the CSI shows(as well as Cold Case) have never shrunk away from that. But I don't think it would add anything positive to the story arc.(We'd have to see Lindsay mourning the loss of her child---no thanks. Besides, isn't it enough that Danny lost Reuben?)

I'd like to see Danny as a single father, see how that would change his behavior if this little girl only has him to rely on.(I still think Dawn or Donna would be a good name for her---name her after Uncle Flack! :thumbsup:)

4. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

:klingon: Please God NO! Don't tell me Lindsay's back on the finale already. Damn I was hoping I wouldn't see her or hear from her again until season 6. :scream::scream::scream::scream: Where did you read this? I was hoping Ana would be on maternity license. Grrrr. (No offense to her fans intended, and sorry for my overreaction and my madness, but I just can't hide the fact that I can't stand Ana Belknap, to the point of not watching the show when she's on screen.)

And I don't think the baby is a character of the show. The pregnancy is/was (forced in, but still...). They don't need to keep showing the baby, and I hope they don't do that on season 6.

Fay thanks for the tips on the finale, it looks promising!

5. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

At this stage, I don't really see the writers deciding to kill off the baby character, but it's possible they might give her some chronic/ongoing health issues to bring new drama to the situation. I suspect this honeymoon period Danny and Lindsay are experiencing is just the calm before the next dramatic storm the writers decide to unleash.

I am curious to see how the writers address the practical realities of the childcare situation, though. Will the baby be in daycare, or will some previously unseen relative suddenly appear to serve as nanny?

6. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Man, I'm away for ONE DAY, and the news comes out about the death in the finale! WHOA!

While I hold out hope that it's an April Fool's Day joke, I know that it may not be. I am now rendered speechless.

As for the talk about the baby - I just hope that everything on the show doesn't somehow come back to the baby when Lindsay is talking. That would really hard boil my eggs! I just want to see a cop/forensic science show with a little personal info/insight thrown in. After all, it's about the crimes, the cops, and the lab - not about any one person. I just hope that doesn't get lost in translation...

7. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Just a thought. Do Detectives guard prisoners / witnesses at court dates? Wouldn't that be the job of a Police Officer? As Stella gets caught out with her deception regarding the Greek coins, could Jess also be in trouble and lose her gold shield? Then Flack would be thinking that if Stella hadn't led her astray, she wouldn't have been at the courthouse.

8. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Curiosity--->
    more drama for them? Please God no!:eek: I was just thinking DL could take a honeymoon, the longest on television ever.
    Siberia could work for them:lol:

Erin--->
    I don't think it was made with the purpose of thinking Mac could be in REAL risk of not coming back. I think it was created with the purpose to show how he dealt with his near-meeting with death affected him inmediately and even a long time later as we can see NOW it did

Wendy---->
    Angell can be bad ass:bolian: but Stella was surprised by Frankie, her boyfriend. It's different when you are attacked by
    a perp like Diakos (where Stella fought back) than when you are attacked by someone you cared about (as Frankie). Stella usually doesn't trust in many people and her trsut in Frankie was violated

PA-->
    i swear you i couldn't watch that episode anymore.

Debbs;)

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

eyewitness, Lindsay is definitely at work in the spoilers. I guess they're doing a time jump again - they probably won't specify it this time, either.

I would think Angell wouldn't guard prisoners/witnesses, but then I also wouldn't expect homicide detectives to do drug raids, hostage negotiations and everything else Flack has done over the course of the series. :lol: Earlier this season on CSI:Miami, Calleigh and Eric were providing witness protection for some reason (which makes even less sense than a homicide detective doing it). So I wouldn't consider that part of the spoilers to be too significant. It's possible, though.

10. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Well that just adds to my theory that their cliffhangers have always been emotional rather than suspenseful. The focus always seems to be on Mac though one way or another but I'm hoping this time it'll be about Flack. More than that I hope we'll get some continuity next season regarding how he's dealing.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

i think (and hope) Sam will be next to her brother to help to cheer him up

And Mac will be very affected by the Finale so we are going to see Mac-in-Command and the whole team trying to find justice as they did in Officer Blue and with a lot of action as in Snow Day. At least that is suggested by the current spoilers we have

Debbs

ps: Your Eddie/Remy avvie is gorgeous!

12. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Yeah I really, really hope Sam comes back whether or not it's in relation to this story or not. I don't want her to runaway with Louie to limbo land. :lol:

Oh I know for sure there'll be Mac drama. There always will be but I'm still hoping for a good amount of Flack focus. The man deserves it. I was so disappointed that he didn't get more focus in Rush to Judgment.

And thank you! :D

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I think we will have the chance to enjoy her a lot more than Louie

BTW Promo Prey 2.20 was posted!!!!

That scene at the beginning made me remember "The Happening" that movie with Marc Whalberg brrrrr i felt a chill......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw3-4804mhc

14. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Thanks for the promo, baby! :thumbsup:

15. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

There's a flash of someone about to be shot in the chest in the promo. Either they're slowly suggesting Angell's death, or maybe it's just me seeing things late at night... :rolleyes::(

Aw... Faylinn... so Ana Belknap is back indeed... :-( thanks for the bad news anyways. :-| Let's just hopeTPTB will have the good sense of not showing happy baby scenes in the middle of a dramatic episode just when Angell dies. That would be way too much far of a misplaced scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.