CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

All I did was come over and say that I was happy Angell was the one to go and then posted that little gif just to joke around. I was excited. I then made one joke giving her a nickname (which I've seen the same thing happen here with Lindsay) and then I was immediately met with hostile remarks and mocking. Even my avatar. I see no one has attacked you for your marysuemonatna avvie but I put failtective on mine on the face of a character you all love and I'm bombarded with insults.

I'm a sarcastic person so I responded that way.

I just gave back what I got.

And as for the gifs it's just a funny thing I picked up from a community I go to on LJ called ONTD.

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I did kinda want it to be Angell if someone had to go. I know a lot of you don't like Lindsay that much but I never thought that would kill her Danny off right after they got married & had a kid... I know it could happen in real life but for a TV Show, I don't know I just didn't think they would do it - and they're not! Also, I'm pretty sure if something happened to Lindsay Danny would just fall apart.

3. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I`m really torn about Angell (if she is gonna die)
    On the one hand i`m sad to see her go cause she really was growing on me and getting her own place but on the other hand i`m a tiny bit relieved cause I wouldn`t have been suprised that in the long run she was gonna be reduced to only a love interest for Flack.

4. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

First of all you're generalizing again. We don't all love her.

And I don't think as many people would have responded so negatively if you didn't have such a chip on your shoulder. You might think you're hiding it well, but it's really quite clear.

You got what you got because you sought it out. You're smart enough to know it. And I'm smart enough to know you know it.

I don't really care at all about your avatar or what images you've posted, and no one really cares about my avatar probably because it's not searing retinas with violent blinking redness. Had yours been a static image from the get go, I'd be surprised if anyone would have bothered to notice it. But you came here insisting on being noticed. Not just noticed, but noticed for being 'that girl who hates Angell', so you might as well expect to get as much flack for heading up that frontline as we get for being vocal about our dislike of Lindsay. And while you might not know it, as it wasn't a public post, since I've put my avatar up (a couple of hours ago) I've gotten 2 angry private messages about it.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I go away for a little while and come back to a shiny new thread. Woot for the new thread! (I'll get the spoilers for the other episodes and send them to you, Top, if someone hasn't already. :))

Anywho, lots to catch up on.

I've said from the beginning that I could get over Angell's death more easily than Hawkes, who I was convinced it would be for a while. And even though I'm not surprised, and I'm relieved it's not one of the main characters I like, I'm still sad that they're killing off a character with so much potential in what seems to be such a hasty fashion.

Although I guess if they were going to lose Emmanuelle one way or another, they may as well try to get the biggest bang out of her departure as possible. The detectives usually just disappear, and they can at least overhype this departure to milk it for all it's worth. I still don't like it, but I get why they're doing it.

I don't want anybody to die. I don't really even want Lindsay to die - I just want her off the screen every week. If she became recurring, it would appease me at least somewhat. :p

I'm pretty sure I chose the 'multiquote' option for multiple posts, but for whatever reason I didn't get all of them to show up, even by choosing the option to include ones from the previous thread - oh well, I think other people said what I was gonna say. :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm not surprised that it's Angell. I like the character, but both Miami and Vegas have done that thing where they put out a spoiler making it sound like a bigger character was gonna die only to have it be a recurring one. For Vegas it was Det. Lockwood, for Miami it was Officer Jessop. It was NY's turn to do so. :lol:

Also, all three shows have killed off a main character too. NY of course was Aiden (though at the time she was no longer a main character- I wasn't an Aiden fan, but I didn't understand the need to kill her off after they'd already written off her character another way that was just unnecessary to me), Miami was Speedle and Vegas was Warrick.

Some detectives just end up disappearing with no explanation whatsoever. Whatever happened to Wanda de Jesus's Miami detective and where the heck has Sofia Curtis (Vegas) been? Kaile M on NY just disappeared too. At least they aren't making Angell disappear with no explanation. Still, I wish they weren't killing her off. :(

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

ErinElizabeth, roximonoxide, it's enough. Honestly, I'd like to see both avatars go as I think they're unnecessary, but as they're not directly against the rules, I'm not going to force a removal. Just requesting it. If you get angry comments or PMs over avatars meant to inflame, don't be surprised.

ETA: Thanks for changing the avatar, rox. :) Much appreciated!

They're actually not funny, but more importantly, they're spammish, so keep them to that community and not here. Again, if you're going to keep up the trolling, you're going to find you're not welcome here much longer.

Let's get back on topic for good this time, got it?

On topic...

Indeed. It does seem like supporting officers are kind of there to die in the line of duty. I remember how a big death was hyped up for the Miami s. 4 finale--and it turned out to be Officer Jessop, who was not a very major character. At least Angell is someone more on the radar.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  8. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

wow the things that get posted in 12 or so hours.....but can i thank whatever greatness there is that it IS NOT Hawkes leaving!!!! I still see this as a tear jerker ep.....especially if Angell's dad breaks down..... tears, it'll be Ruben all over again, and we only saw that kid for what 3 minutes???? i still have a hard time watching it...great eppy, but.....wow.

as for the Angell and Flack debate....has anyone else noticed that both Lindsay and Hawkes seem to be missing from an episode....i think right there it gives us the potential for ALOT of screentime on flack and angell...or you know, more adam. =) i know we're missing the amazingness that is hawkes but just the fact that lesser characters could rule that ep, and be developed makes me happy

Overall spoilers seem to keep me interested...it looks like a good ending to a decent season.

the only thing that scares me is the travel....i hope it's well done. Taking them out of new york is a strange as the writers from the beginning have been pegging New York City as the largest character on the show since day one. It would be like a Mac-less episode. maybe, just wrong and not our csi:ny.

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I go to sleep for 4 little hours, and when I come back it's this? Well it's great! Spoliers are love :D

The only thing I'm curious about now, is how much continuity will be in Season 6.

Regarding the episode with the trip to Greece, I'll be reserved on that one. I foresee many illogical and not real actions to be taken there, and it's a dangerous territory to go abroad in this show. We'll just have to wait and see.

10. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I'm vvith you on fearing the Greece storyline vvill end up being very unrealistic, sure. But still, it is a TV shovv, I don't really mind a fevv loose ends or impossible solutions, it's just for entertainment right? And the thing that's got me the most interested in the Greek storyline is definitely the Mac/Stella interactions that (by the looks of it) is going to take up a lot of space in the episode.

Regarding killing off Angell, not surprising me either, Since she vvas introduced in season 3, there hasn't been much about her other than the fact that she's a detective, a lot like Maka vvho just disappeared. Sure, I vvas hoping that her increase in screentime vvas a hint to her being a more vital part of the team, but vvhen I read the spoiler about the finale she seemed most likely.
    I just don't understand vvhy it vvas blovvn up to those proportions, vvith secrecy and so on, vvhen they already novv revealed it.

11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Do we know that there's definitely going to be a cliffhanger at the end of the season? I know that's the way the past year was (and is also the TV trend), but is it a certain thing?

Because I'd like a cliffhanger, but... I'm afraid of what they'll make it be.

And I have to agree that I'm disappointed in the way this was handled. All this build up and for what? It to end up released a month and a half before airing? Unless they put the casting call out to scare us and then the information that leaked was wrong, but I doubt it.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, she's a much bigger character than Jessop was or even Lockwood, so her death should make a bigger impact. I think (and hope) they will all be saddened and not just Flack, though it would make for some good Flack drama.

Has anyone heard anything about Samantha Flack returning? Or Reed? Those two characters just sort of disappeared. :lol:

If they have a cliffhanger this season, I hope it's better than last season's cliffhanger. :lol:

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Something was mentioned by Veseay or Lenkov or someone about the possibility of them returning in S6, but I don't think there are any definite plans.

14. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

15. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I'm cautiously optimistic, though I won't believe it until I see it since the spoilers could be clever fakes planted to lull us into a sense of security. If they're just another case of the PTB farting before the meal is finished, however, I'm thrilled. Angell's death will not only spare me from the torment of watching another badly-written romance, but it will also ensure that I don't have to come up with a tortured write-around in my ficverse to explain why Married!Flack is boning his partner. I'm also giddy because Eddie Cahill should make the story shine and finally get a chance to showcase the full extent of his talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.