CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celtess

celtess Rookie

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

I like this idea to present a new mother from this show.
    Because in the beginnig csiny have so differently from csilv and csimiami
    So i know the producter have ge a great history for Danny and Lindsay's pregnacy!!
    This is news for csi
    What ever.; This show is a accumulation of new history and I love that!!
    I'll never so exeting to see a new storyboard with my favorite csi !!!

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Okay, I know that I've mentioned before that I don't like this pregnancy thing, but I want to make my thoughts a bit clearer.

I am a D/L shipper.

There, I said it. I like them together. HOWEVER. Liking them dating mildly is a whole different concept from wanting them to get married, OR have a kid. Once you get two coworkers together on a TV show, together as in married or parents or both, you can no longer have a calm, comfortable scene between them. They're always married, or they always have that one thing in common. Plus, it takes away from the show because they're always going to want to show a happy family life. I don't want to know about Danny and Lindsay and [insert name here] Messer. I just don't care. I'm happy that JJ is pregnant on Criminal Minds, but her future husband isn't on her team. He can be that shadow in the background that maybe shows up once in a while to say goodbye as she goes to work in the morning. We don't need to see him all of the time. It doesn't need to be awkward.

Not all D/L fans are asking for this. I for one aren't.

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Thanks! I sat there for a while trying to figure that out... lol.

This is gonna be (one of) the last thing(s) I say about the pregnancy- I agree with whoever said that her getting pregnant will now make Danny and Lindsay together as in married and/or parents. Because it's true- When you get that on TV, that's it for those characters. They really can't be anything else to each other.

Even if TPTB play their relationship up to, "are you gonna pick up (the child) from the babysitter's?", and that's the only mention of it, you still know that any interactions are mother and father of a child (or husband and wife, if they get married) and not just coworkers.

Any Danny and Lindsay scene since Snow Day has been them as two coworkers in a relationship (and use the term how you will) and not just two coworkers. It just drives me nuts. I'm not happy about this, and I hope this doesn't become the whole focus of the show.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I can't wait for tonight's episode, ya'll!

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm definitely looking forward to "Page Turner" - SID!!! :eek:

Hopefully they will - maybe being a mother will make her a stronger character in some ways.

The only problem is the way all of the spoilers have seemed to deal with the pregnancy with regards to Danny rather than Lindsay.

Hopefully they'll do better than "Lindsay went over and banged Danny and boom! got pregnant" as Top said, but at this point, I'm still nervous about how they're going to handle it.

I wish they'd answer some damn questions about Adam. *cranky* I sent Ausiello two, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has asked about other characters--I mean come on, the man interviewed AJ and didn't even ask about his character? *cranky cranky cranky* :p

5. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

I know, I am so tired of ausiello answering just D/l questions, damn we already know their entire storyline..How about something on Flack/Hawkes/Sid/adam...Now, I love Danny, but enough of Lindsey and spoilers about her.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

If there's one video I had to pick in response to what's coming up in the latter half of season five, it's this one. And I dedicate it especially to Danny Messer, you poor sod.

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:Knowing the CSI franchise's track record with spawn, and who the kid's mother is, I won't be surprised if that is exactly what he/she will be like. :guffaw:

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

:guffaw:

Kimmychu FTW!

It's not like I have a problem against Lindsay, but I do agree that this is very likely. Pretty much every child on a TV show is a pain in the a**. The only "child" that isn't a complete pain is Reed, and he isn't even related to Mac. XD

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: How true, how true! If Reed is the definition of 'isn't a complete pain', I'm laughing my ass off just wondering what a complete pain of a child will be like on the show!

Thanks for the links, Ghawazee!

11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

You know, I just thought about this, though. For the most part, a child on a CSI is there strictly to cause drama. That's pretty much the only time they write them into the show is when they want them to cause trouble for a main character. So, yeah, they're all whiny little brats, but that's because that's all they're really being used for.

Not defending them, really, but just saying. How often to they show up when nothing's wrong?

Thanks for posting the links!!! :)

12. febgrl24

febgrl24 Dead on Arrival

While I am a DL shipper, this pregnancy storyline for them doesn't exactly make me very happy. In fact, I'm pretty upset that they made it so that she went to Danny after their phone talk in "Personal Foul." It doesn't make much sense, IMO. I realize Anna being pregnant plays a major role in the PTB decision to have Lindsay pregnant too, but couldn't they just have her go on an extended vacation or something? I'd prefer to have Lindsay off the screen for a bit, even though I wouldn't get any DL scenes for a while, than seeing them have a baby together way too soon before they've even had a REAL, honest to God talk. But, of course, like almost everything else, that was probably done off screen. Anyway, I hope they're able to make this into a decent storyline and don't screw it up.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh yeah - when they get in trouble, when they get sick, when their school gets taken hostage by a baddie, etc. A non-hoodlum teenager is rare. Reed may not be that big of a pain in the arse, but he was definitely an aggravation in his appearances during the end of season 4 when he was a journalist.

Oh god, if they age this kid up, that will be a jump the shark moment if the kid itself doesn't turn out to be one. If the kid goes from infant to toddler between seasons without a time jump, I'll headdesk.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

{{{{{ you're welcome}}}}} :)

I like how Stella, Sheldon and Hawkes look together. Maybe is this eppy going to be their episode?? :D Stella looks quite worried here. I wonder where and how the fireman will be included

Regarding the baby, i can't help but thinking actors' stories will be limited because their characters will be forever tie.

And you can't think giving them new stories and new relationships without the melodramma "Daddy is getting out with somebody else" "Mamma wants to have a new boyfriend but Daddy is possesive"

An interesting character as Rikki is left behind just for this

Of course, i'm upset for other things as how it will affect my fav ship and my fav characters' stories and my fav show, beyond that, i don't care (I guess that's enough)

Debbs :)

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the links to the episodes

Ghawazee :D

Is it me, or does this episode look eerrily similar to LV's Unfriendly Skies?
    I think Grissom and Mac have the same line :guffaw: :wtf:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.