CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

I wouldn't want to see more colleague romances or anything, but it's definitely going to be interesting to see where they're going with Adam asking Stella out for pizza...

I wouldn't want to see more colleague romances or anything, but it's definitely going to be interesting to see where they're going with Adam asking Stella out for pizza...

Oh I definately don't either. I miss those days when characters could interact and have playful banter without hooking up and having babies. :rolleyes:

I have always liked the way that the two of them interact though, so thats primarily why I'm excited for it.

I'm intrigued to see where they're taking Stella and Adam... If it's more of a romantic/romance type ask out, I think that's cute. But I still think that maybe there's something he's worried about and he talks to her about it. I don't care, though, because either way, it's pretty cute. :)

Last edited:

Oh, sigh. I was hoping the Lindsay pregnant thing would be a terrible fangirl nightmare...but I guess not. Well I'm not going to stop watching the show or anything, but it will make it a pain whenever I have to see the drama from the pregnancy playing out.

By saying it happened in Personal Foul...it definately makes Lindsay look even more unappealing to me as a character. After all the building up to the ending of the DL train wreck and finally establishing Lindsay as a seperate entity from Danny, they decide to say "Ok, well now Lindsay is pregnant" ? I'm not a fan of Lindsay, but I think I'd like her alot more if she were given some actual development to stand on her own...not just be saddled with another character the whole time

Amen to this. Even tough i'm not against romance on tv and babies, the baby and the romance never should have happened between D/L. Not before both of them get their own personal background at least.
I mean, Danny was developed and Carmine made wonderful things with his character but Lindsay never was something else than "Danny's babe" "Danny's lady" (I wouldn't go far enough to call her "girlfriend")

Now with this kid, she still will be "Danny's baby's mom" and nothing beyond. I crynge when i think we will watch such scene like "mommy crying on the baby because she can't get mature enough to have Daddy back"
Is that the depth to be pretended for the show or the character?
I'm still very upset because it's a nonsense to me. Of course, i'm not a D/L fan so under other circumstances i wouldn't care but I'm Smacked fan.
If someone deserve to be together are Mac and Stella and if someone deserve to become parents on the show they are!
I remember Stella in "On the job" with Baby Daniella and Mac with that little kiddo who loved comic heroes. People enjoyed those scenes even those who are not Mac or Stella fans
We would have had wonderful moments for those characters portrayed by amazing actors. It's painful to know that it won't never happen

Regarding Adam and Stella, I'm with Racefh. I think he is in trouble and he will need her advice. I'm not sure about the reason but i do know it will be amazing and tender and sweet and funny scene.I'm Smacked fan but i'm going to enjoy it :D

I thought it was going to be something related to Sam but she is going to appear again in 5.07 as far i understand (not sure) so it could be another kind of matter for Adam. Maybe related to his father? That would be very interesting!

In any case it will be a pleasure to watch Stella and Adam together :D

Debbie :D

Last edited:

Earlier there was some discussions about stunt casting, and I wanted to put in my two cents:
-Maroon 5 was, at least, not in our faces and they incorporated them into the plot. (Was she killed by a SWAT guy? Etc.)
-Nelly could go either way, because I just don't like him in general, so we'll see.
-Not all stunt casting is stupid. The girl from A Fine Frenzy in "Can You Hear Me Now?" did a good job, IMO.

I'm also intrigued by the thought of Adam asking Stella out for pizza! :) Although I do think it might perhaps be to seek her advice on something, and if that's the case, what could be troubling our little lab-muffin enough to seek out wise woman Stella's counsel? :confused:

Now with this kid, she still will be "Danny's baby's mom" and nothing beyond. I crynge when i think we will watch such scene like "mommy crying on the baby because she can't get mature enough to have Daddy back"

^^^ Debbie you took the words right out of my mouth. That's how I see this whole Danny/Lindsay pregnant thing happeing. She's crying along with the baby because *gasp* Danny is not there.
I don't know how the writers expect this storyline to go. :confused: :shifty: :wtf: It seems all to 'convienient'.
Yes, so Anna is pregnant. Couldn't they have written a storyline like she needs to take a LOA (similar to Sara in LV). What happened to the storyline where Lindsay meets a new man????

This pregnancy thing makes both Danny and Lindsay look so bad. Danny like a cheating no-good guy that gets his rocks off with whomever is available.
And Lindsay who is so desperate (regardless if she knew about Rikki or now) to disrespect herself to go back to Danny. I think she was finally starting to get over him and become her own person. I wasn't starting to dislike her as much... BUT NOW?????????

pity is i didn't dislike Lindsay but i can't stand when they start with the melodramma as we had last episodes of s4. Her behaviour was imposible to justify (the infamous scene called The Monologue of Doom) and it was impossible to like.

Now, when a baby is in their way it won't help to look them any better. At least Danny was drunk; (well he looked in that way) but Lindsay?????? come on! an adult woman falling that easily! besides having unprotective sex just like 2 unexpert teenagers in the back seat of mom's car (I'm going to be a Nurse and i want to shout just because of that "detail")
So i happened because she is so "in luvvvvv" with him ArGH this lack of respect to herself get on my nerves

I want a relationship between two adults. At this point the baby will be more mature than Mom and Dad (again Dad was drunk and God Lord knows i have critized so many times to Danny before)

As long as they keep Smacked i don't care anymore (beyond the fact i do worry about the future of my fav show)

Debbie

This whole pregnancy stuff is starting to get on my nerves. People on one hand are opening champagne bottles, and some other threaten that they will stop watching the show if that happens. I for one, I will still be watching the show, but my interest for it will decrease by the episode.

First of all, I want to congratulate Anna for her second child, and I would like to add that nothing is better than giving life. What I don't like is that the writers felt the need to add that into the show, even though it doesn't make any sense. Timelines will not matter anymore, and from where I am standing it just make both characters to look stupid.

Another thing that disturbs me, and I think I have said it already in previous occasions is that the greatest amount of spoilers that we get are somehow related to Danny and Lindsay and we all know that their "lovestory" is not the center theme of the show.

Moving on, I can't wait to see Stella and Adam. Those two always hav a great dynamic, and it was about time, since Adam has been next to Stella in her most difficult times: he was the one who ran the HIV test in season 3, and he was the one that was very worried about her in Right Next Door. Only good things can come from this plot, whether it's romantic or not.

This whole pregnancy stuff is starting to get on my nerves. People on one hand are opening champagne bottles, and some other threaten that they will stop watching the show if that happens. I for one, I will still be watching the show, but my interest for it will decrease by the episode.

I understand how you feel. I for certain do not like the new spoilers for many reasons, namely because IMO, they are simply pandering to the fact that Anna Belknap is pregnant, and the idea that there's a certain very vocal segment of fans that think the idea of Danny and Lindsay together and with a child is the best idea evar. However, it's very interesting that there's a segment of DL shippers and Lindsay fans who've stated that they don't like the idea of Lindsay pregnant at all and think it's going too far.

First of all, I want to congratulate Anna for her second child, and I would like to add that nothing is better than giving life. What I don't like is that the writers felt the need to add that into the show, even though it doesn't make any sense. Timelines will not matter anymore, and from where I am standing it just make both characters to look stupid.

Agreed. I wish Anna Belknap the best with her pregnancy and second child and am very happy for her. However, I'm vehemently against the idea of writing this into the show, because of the way that Danny and Lindsay's relationship has always been, especially given that Lindsay has had no character development whatsoever outside of being Danny's love interest or co-dependent partner or whatever she is (Not really quite sure about it at this point, to be honest; it's like she's such a blank page that she's whoever you want her to be, I guess.). I was excited about her getting some independent character development this season, so for me, the pregnancy storyline is particularly awful.

Another thing that disturbs me, and I think I have said it already in previous occasions is that the greatest amount of spoilers that we get are somehow related to Danny and Lindsay and we all know that their "lovestory" is not the center theme of the show.

Yes! that's what bothers me too. It's like this is becoming the Danny and Lindsay show. I mean, honestly, neither of them are the stars. they don't even have first or second billing in the credits. I really find it bothersome that they're constantly using Danny as a prop for Lindsay, and that neither of them have had good independent storylines from each other, and I fear that that will become permanent whenever "Baby Boom" or whatever their baby is called is born.

I want to hear about all of the characters equally. I want more Stella. Definitely more Hawkes, since he's been criminally underused. I also want more Flack, especially because he's such a dynamic character that could do so much.

This is not the DannyLindsay show, and I wish critics would stop treating it as such.

Moving on, I can't wait to see Stella and Adam. Those two always hav a great dynamic, and it was about time, since Adam has been next to Stella in her most difficult times: he was the one who ran the HIV test in season 3, and he was the one that was very worried about her in Right Next Door. Only good things can come from this plot, whether it's romantic or not.

Exactly. I said it in the "Character or Crime" thread. I like character development that happens organically within the confines of the cases that they work. I also like the friendship angles of things. OK, Adam trusts Stella, so he confides in her, the same way that Mac confides in her, the same way that Danny confides in Flack, etc. It's real. Much more real than two co-workers jumping into bed after some shots of tequila, and then deciding that they're each others' one true love.

I really want to know more about Adam, and I also want to know if he really DOES have a crush on Stella, or if it's not like that.

Hopefully, things won't play out that way, but...it doesn't seem like it. Shame, especially because in the first couple of seasons, they really had something special. I think that they've sacrificed that for glitz and ratings. I'm not gonna write the show off right away, but...I've got classes on Wednesdays this term, and it looks like I'll have them again in the spring, so....This may be one that gets relegated to DVD's.

i think the writers are writing the pregnancy in cos they want to draw bak viewers
a lot of the people who watched csi ny only watched it for d/l so after 416 and stuff they would have lost viewers
and secondly this whole bashing lindsay thing is stupid its not the charachters fault for doing that monolouge of doom its the writers she cant pick and choose her lines

i think the writers are writing the pregnancy in cos they want to draw bak viewers
a lot of the people who watched csi ny only watched it for d/l so after 416 and stuff they would have lost viewers
and secondly this whole bashing lindsay thing is stupid its not the charachters fault for doing that monolouge of doom its the writers she cant pick and choose her lines

I think you will find most of us watched the show WELL before D/L appeared on the horizon. This development will appeal to a certain demographic but that wont last once the novelty has worn off. The whole pregnancy thing is more liable to make me tune out rather than tune in. I don't think it has done either character any favors and I dread to think what it will do to the show...

I liked all the characters on the show when it started and I liked Lindsay when she first appeared. Now I am ambivalent when it comes to both Danny and Lindsay and that is the writers fault not the actors fault. Which is a shame. I know story lines would have to be changed to fit in with Anna's pregnancy, but I still think relationships, personal lives and such should be secondary to the crimes on the show. But I have a horrible feeling its not going to work out that way...and its going to ruin the tone of the show even further than it already has. I could be wrong....but given TPTB's track record so far I don't hold out much hope.

I am all for finding out more about all the characters but not at the expense of the basic premise of the show.

I will agree that the writers have done most of the damage to Lindsay's character. Lindsay started off promising enough, but has went down hill since, to the point of being boring Danny's character hasn't faired much better to be honest, which is a real shame cause the character was one of the highlights when the show stared.. (And if he says boom one more time I will reach into the TV and strangle him.)

I am not fond of the pairing but again that is the writers fault, I cant understand how they could handle Mac and Peyton so well and then write Danny and Lindsay so badly...(And I didn't even like Peyton)

I will keep watching for now but thats only because I would love the writers to prove me wrong.... and I have liked the first two episodes of the season which does give me hope..

Plus I need my weekly fix of Mac, Flack, Stella, Adam and Sid. Loved the ending to Page Turner..now if only Adam had turned up as well...:)

The ratings disagree with this. The viewing figures didn't go down after 416, they went up, and then went down, and now they are up again. My point is that viewing figures are complex, and I'm pretty sure that the majority of people watching the show aren't even shippers at all. I doubt in terms of the millions who tune in every week there are that many people who only watch it for D/L, we message board enthusiasts are most definitely a minority in terms of overall viewers. The increases and decreases in the ratings don't seem to match with D/L interaction (I only looked at it very simplistically, but I don't see a match). Character relationships are part of the whole show, and whilst I think that they are an important part, I also think that people really want to watch a show that is interesting with good story lines, if the relationship drama takes over from the actual cases I don't think it will ultimately do the show any favours.

I'm willing to go along with the Danny and Lindsay baby thing, I'll still watch the show regardless, but that's because I'm hoping that it won't take over, that it will play out along side decent cases and interesting character developments for everyone else. It doesn't have to be doom and gloom for the show, yeah it sucks slightly but I'm placing my trust in the writers that they can make it work... Pam Veasey's comments so far about the story aren't really helping, but I'm still willing to go with it. :lol: I don't think it's a matter of drawing viewers back, but I think that the writers have seen a chance here for something that could be interesting for the show. Danny becoming a father, exploring that, especially after what happened to Ruben last season, does have the potential to be intriguing, emotional and interesting.

Lindsay is a character, and people are entitled to their opinions on her. It's not stupid to dislike something that a character does. I don't personally think that the monologue was doom worthy, but it didn't do Lindsay any favours. I can see how it made her appear selfish. It's a combination of writing and acting, I don't think the writers necessarily help Lindsay out, but I also don't think that Anna delivers the lines in the best way. This, however, is a discussion best had in the Why Lindsay Must Go thread.

Let me just say that I'm not the type to watch a show and loathe just one character. I'd rather sit back and enjoy, rather than find then spend an episode angry at one character. I've done it before and it's frustrating, to say the least.

But I must admit, I'm upset by these Lindsay pregnancy rumors. As a D/L fan, I just wished that they would use this storyline to further improve Lindsay's character. During Anna's last pregnancy, we saw her past rushed into a storyline to work around her pregnancy. This time, it all seems to be about Danny. How about showing a scared first time mother who has hardly any family members to help her out.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens before I judge too harshly. I hope the writers decide to suprise us with where they're heading.

I almost feel out of place here cause I've never posted in this thread (always lurked) but here I go.

First off I really have no complaints about D/L, I don't ship them either, however, I don't care for the pregnancy route. Personally, I think it's just too soon in the series itself to bring something that huge into a show.
What I fear happening is that it won't be all cupcakes & roses for D/L/Baby, & that will add further tension just knocking the aspect of the show way off. Chances are, Rikki will return & Lindsay will somehow find out that she & Danny had sex, then TPTB will go through all the loaded drama of Lindsay's uncertainty about Baby's Daddy- again tension that even if it's in the background, will still manage to override the show. That's what I don't like about it. I never thought for a second that D/L's arc was completely over, but I would have thought they'd leave it open for a while & allow Danny & Lindsay to be played out independently.
Just my 2 cents :p

I doubt in terms of the millions who tune in every week there are that many people who only watch it for D/L, we message board enthusiasts are most definitely a minority in terms of overall viewers.
This I 100% agree on!! I think it was something TPTB decided to just take full advantage of knowing they could play out the drama in it - again though, a little too soon for my taste. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back