CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

is it just me, or do others get he feeling Danny is talking to a shrink in the beginning, he's trying to sort this shit out and is talking to an outside person ie the shrink.

I know a lot of people are groaning and griiting their teeth in the whole baby conversation, but i'm staying glass half full, AND AJ SAID at the emmy's or whatever that this was one of the best episodes he had read, has he ever steered us wrong before? come on we LOVE adam.

And tptb have been blurring lines since season 1, its, what they do. Just means more depth to the characters right? i hope, idk, maybe it helps that i really haven't seen these actors in much besides forest gump and friends, =)

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hm. Been awhile since I checked in here too. Had some catching up to do.

I remember reading they were gonna bring in romantic interests for Mac, and also for Stella. Didn't know Mac's was also gonna be his boss. Sounds like TPTB are trying to cram in as many dramatic layers as possible. Does maybe feel a little contrived or convenient in the trade off though. I guess for me the interest will lie in seeing what the actors can do to elevate it.

Julia Ormand's in for three eps? Sounds like there's already a specific arc in mind.

I hope they don't just gloss over why the position's open. Gerrard executed his daughter's rapist in one of their Interrogation rooms. And Sinclair's been running things without him or anyone since. And Sinclair and Mac have had some interesting things happen between them already this season too that have changed dynamics somewhat. I'm curious how Sinclair sees things, if he selected her or if she was promoted or appointed. Hm. If Sinclair is further exposed when the thumbdrive theft is revisited, will they make her the Big Boss? :p Curious if we'll ever hear more of Gerrard ever again. Well. I would be curious. If TPTB were ever reliable in following thrulines with little snippets from time to time.

A blessing for the rocky duo? My teeth hurt. Might need an Eppie pen too. Starting to itch.

A pretty predictable soundbite. TPTB wouldn't want to tarnish either character by having them be anything other than loving in light of a baby would they. But honest could be interesting. I hope it will be anyways. It's the only glimmer of light to make this salvageable.

How well any of this really loving honesty or really honest loving will come across 5.09 and onwards is another thing entirely too.

The promo info indicates that there's a substantial scene devoted to Danny's previous baseball career and aspirations. And then that he 'bumps into Lindsay' while at the clinic on a case. So, my question is, will Danny's baseball past get more screen time than the Grand Revelation? :p

Maybe he's supremely inverse-method acting? :p Or could be just additional perks added in his rider to make things more palatable? Carmine's trying to get his band music used in an ep somewhere too... Hmmmm. :lol:

And thanks JellyBelly for the links to the 100th. ;) Hope all the cameos work well and aren't too distracting. Nelly will be fun back as Terence Davis again. I am looking forward to that episode. Far more than The Box.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  3. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

i don't know if the mods are the only ones who can post the press release, but the press release of episode 10, "the triangle" is already available, for everyone's info :)

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thanks JellyBelly for the clips!!!!!!! :D

BTW this is the Candian promo for 5.08. It's the second time i think CSB was better this year but a worried Stella for Mac saved it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6x2-_EJPW8&feature=related

Debbie :D

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks for the heads up, I've posted it in the 'Just the Facts' spoiler thread. In future, you're welcome to post the press release in here if you want to, and then myself or Top will cross post it to the 'Just the Facts' thread. :)

6. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

so Danny's late for work and a billionaire goes missing? hmm, 10 is a big mystery...fun, hopefully, but still when are normal people going to start dying week after week again? its been better this season, but still, i could go for another gory episode like in what the inside man or hush, like creepy, disgusting how can somebody do that type of show.

the crushed car has promises, but even something like Manhattan Manhunt's beginning would help. there is too much fluff.

alright i need help, i like gore, but still, anyone know anything more about 10? it bugs me that there is like no info besides a late csi and an energy problem.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think we had some more info at some point, but I'll grab stuff from my LJ instead of digging for it on here. :p

At the beginning, there's this...interesting guy wearing a vintage dive suit (complete with helmet). He's walking around on the street talking crazy stuff about the Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis and such.

Danny is late for work (something to do with the train he took), so he calls Lindsay to let her know.

There's some sort of problem with an armored truck that is stopped at a red light. The stoplight goes haywire and the truck stops working - the guy in the back of the truck gets killed by a strange weapon. He has a wound to his chest, but it's not a gunshot wound - and he shows evidence of being electrocuted.

This episode seems to be the return of the missing USB drive from "Sex, Lies and Silicone", and the Feds are involved.​

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Hmmmm...I wonder if Danny late for work is going to somehow turn into Danny in danger. Isn't there an explosion in 10? Or am I getting my episodes mixed up?

I wouldn't mind seeing the show's resident damsel-in-distress in danger again. :lol: Danny has notoriously bad luck with trains--in "Risk" he spotted a dead body while on one and in "The Thing About Heroes" he had to stop a runaway train about to kill his friends. Danny + train = trouble ;)

9. Faylinn

I dunno if he's involved with any kind of danger - knowing Danny, it wouldn't surprise me. :p

(I don't remember if there's an explosion...)

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Season 8 is so going to have an episode where King Kong makes off with Danny and Flack has to rescue him. :lol: :p

Maybe I'm mixing the explosion thing up. I know AJ said something about an explosion, but I can't remember which episode it's supposed to be in. Nothing personal happens without a reason on a CSI show, though, so I imagine Danny being late is going to have some sort of significance.

11. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

well if there is an energy problem that could be what makes the train late, Danny in trouble is always fun, and i actually just rewatched risk, weird, but it seems every season we have at least one episode where someone dies on the subway. who's it gonna be this year?? dun dun dun. =)

12. Faylinn

That ape doesn't stand a chance. :p

AJ said that a 'bomb' would drop, and I think we narrowed it down to 5.06 or 5.07 based on the timeline - and the promos for 5.06 mentioned the 'bombshell' or whatever about Adam getting fired, so I'm guessing it was that.

Ok, I'm copy-pasting these from the news bullets I just posted (which are mostly related to CSI:NY - it's not even intentional! :lol:):

Obviously, this may or may not turn out to be 100% accurate - you never know with the intranetz.

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I guess that would be for 5.12 - Help. There's a musician role in that episode.

14. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

epi 9 showing 26th, and epi 10 on dec 10. soo we're gonna skip a week. aww:( btw, will the play-offs between nypd and the fire dept be shown in an upcoming episode? just remembered after watching turbulence again haha.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  15. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

no way :eek: how am I ever gonna survive that week.. That sounds almost impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.