CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Last friday my internet just cut out (BT have got to put in a new telegraph pole!) So i'm now at the libraay and I haven't had time to read all post but I will when I get the internet back :D

Can't wait for tonights ep!

OFF Topic: Hey Chell *Wavveesss* I haven;'t seen you in a while :D

2. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Sammy,
    a little OT again here, but the 7pm repeat, the family friendly one shows the kissage in full they just edit out any hard swearing.....way to go BBC

Back on topic, it's the time travelling one tonight isn't it....sounds interesting, can't wait for some Flack snark..

3. Sammie

Sammie Rookie

Damnit I'm going to miss tonight episode, I'm staying at a friends and we're having a slumber gaming party and they refuse to watch CSI NY...so yeah. What times the repeat tomorrow night?

4. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

8pm onwards on Five US I believe :)

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

OH! I love it!!! :D :D :D *wishes she had BBC America* Terrific development--CSI: NY needs to take a page from Torchwood. ;)

How funny was that? Can you guys see Flack being a Who fan? I thought that line was adorable.

6. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Okay tonights ep...Mac base guitar...*THUD*

I will come back with more coherant thoughts after I have watched that scene a few more times... :D

7. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

What a sucky way to write Peyton out - or am I jumping the gun and this is supposed to mislead us? Especially given the conversation he had earlier in the episode with Stella about relationships. I'm staying spoiler free, but has anyone got any theories?

I quite enjoyed her character, she opened Mac up and made his character a little lighter. I'm hoping she's not gone, but it should be interesting to see what happens to Mac now.

After the Flackcentric heavy episode last week he was greatly missed, especially his lack of undress. Loved his reaction to the assistant in the shower, lol & I did manage a little fangirl giggle when he mentioned Dr. Who!

I was surprised when he mentioned a brother, I've always had him pegged as an only child. But then again, out of all the characters he's one of the one's we know least about (IMO anyway).

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I just watched it. Good ep.

What I liked:

-Mac's eyes. They seemed really green tonight. Yummy. :devil:

-The look on Flack's face when he found Kevin in the shower! :lol:

-Mac and Flack questioning Kevin, especially their wicked and cute little smiles at the end.

-Adam!

-Hawkes actually getting some decent screen time.

-Pissy!Hawkes with the Dean. Yummy! We see pissy!Hawkes so little.

-Mac and Stella's talk about relationships. There was a lovely natural chemistry there, and it showed what close friends they were and how similar they are in regards to being reluctant to take on the risks of romance. Neither of them talk about their emotions or attitudes towards relationships often, and it was nice to see them open up. I also liked finding out that Peyton pursued Mac. Sensible lady. :devil: It was really nice to see how close Mac and Stella are, I love their bond and friendship. The scene was very natural and warm, but with serious undertones. I know some people didn't like Mac telling Stella to move on with Drew (who is creepy) but he doesn't know Drew's creepy. I think he was just trying to be there to support Stella and to listen to her and try to offer her the best advice he could. And the choice was still STELLA's as to whether she would do anything about Drew, Mac was just offering her a bit of advice, telling her what he thought. It reminded me of Stella encouraging Mac to 'loosen up' in s1 and make a connection with Reed in s3 - Mac wanted to connect more with Reed and it was his decision, but in Sweet 16 he went to Stella for advice. I love how they ask each other for help/advice without actually using those words. Again, it shows how close they are.

-Drew sending Stella a parachute and the cheesy chat-up line he put on the card, and Stella's face when she read it and opened the package. :lol:

-The guy at the coffee shop hitting on Angell. :D

-Lindsay. She didn't annoy me in this ep, and I actually liked her scenes with Mac.

-Danny's white tee/green shirt combo. Yummy. :devil:

-Mac in sunglasses.

-Danny chasing/tackling the kid in the museum.

-Angell's line to the kid - 'You're gonna get screwed out of a lot more in prison' :D

-The letter scene. It was excellently played by both Gary and Claire. You could see the emotion in Mac's eyes/body language, and hear it in Peyton's voice.

-Stella finding the letter and going to find Mac and knowing where he'd be, and the final scene in the jazz bar. Again, this scene shows their friendship and the strong bonds between them. Stella went to offer Mac support, and he appreciated it - you could see that when he smiled at her. In the earlier scene Mac offered Stella support by talking to her about relationships, and now she goes to support him when his relationship fails. I love how when their romantic lives hit issues/bumps (Stella being unsure about Drew, and Mac being dumped by Peyton) they're each there for each other as a friend. Their friendship is always there, and it's sweet. And HAHA it looks like Lindsay isn't the first/only one to know about Mac's secret place/hobby. I got the impression that Stella's known for a long while.

-Mac in black and playing the bass. Yummmy!

-I liked that Mac went to play at the bar rather than go home to mope. It shows he's learned a bit how to accept the risks of romance and 'loosen up'.

What I didn't like:

-B Case. It wasn't as interesting as the A Case.

-Lack of continuity from last week's ep re the bloody shirt.

-The needle in Dr. Browning's brain! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Poor guy!

-Both cases were sad in that the two people in the A case died because of a combination of delusions and greed, and the B case because the girl died due to stupid, meaningless and mean college rituals/pranks. I was as disgusted by it as Danny and Stella were.

9. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Ok… first thoughts.
    Unimpressed. I can’t believe that’s how it ended, seriously?!? Blah. (I'm not talking about Mac/ Peyton)

They story would have been better had they focused more on the guys mental problems (a little like 'Supermen' I guess). Are we really supposed to believe that this guy went back in time?!?! Really? Get outta here!

Stella and Danny’s case was quite funny (sort of reminded me of that case in Grey’s anatomy with that poor girl who kept having the O). But there wasn’t much to it… it was just there to flesh out the 40 mins.

Onto the good stuff. Go Stella!! Not only does she hate, self absorbed stupid college girls (as we remember from Season 1) she also is going with gut instinct about Drew. CREEPY!!! Stay away from the stalker!… Mac shut up, I know you are being a good friend trying to get her “Back out there” as it were, but no, nuh uh… back away from Jack (I still look at him and see Dawson’s creek, didn’t they have Dawson’s dad on there last season?).

Loved Mac, handling Kevin in that first interview scene, hehe! Light!Mac, it worked for me, Flack looked impressed too.

Hawkes was brilliant! Such a geek, just wish Adam could have been there too (and maybe Danny!?) the 5 boys together geeking out over the Time Machine, or as Flack called it the “electric chair with mood lighting”. I like that the writers have been consistent with Flack and Hawkes, they have a good working relationship and Flack clearly cares about Hawkes on some level as we saw in ‘The Deep’ but I think Flack does feel intellectually inferior to Hawkes (let’s face it who wouldn’t), but I get the feeling that Flack is sometime intimidated by it, hence the snarky comments he makes tonight’s was as good as the smirk in ‘Slight out of hand’… “almost like your explanation”. Sometimes TPTB manage to keep the consistency with the characters, and I get the feeling that perhaps the actors themselves make sure that happens.

It was nice to see Adam back, if only briefly, AJ Buckley is so endearing as Adam, even going as far to bop along to his iPod whilst processing evidence. Bless him, I hope they do more with Adam.

Danny, it was great to see some of Season 1 Danny, with the bad jokes and wonderment of the weirdness that is the Big Apple. I don’t think it fails to amaze him. Bless. I will never get over his face looking at that pickle!! HAHA! And Carmine was great with his comedic timing… “I know a guy who could blow a candle…” thank you Stella is all I can say, I think we all knew where that was going, but it did make me wonder if it was Flack?

I’m glad we got a little more background on Flack too, he either has a brother, or brothers and grew up in Queens… maybe we can meet Flack Snr? Possibly, after 4 years, maybe? I’d like to meet Ma Flack if I’m honest, I’m thinking smart mouthed broad, Donnie would definitely take after his Ma!!

10. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I actually missed it last night, was out lazer questing but i have seen it and i thought the only good thing about peytons letter is that it leaves an opening for her to return not that it would be a great idea as i never really liked her.

I loved the flack/Hawkes interaction about the machine it was the scientist and the cop talk.

Love the torchwood av... I recently got into it and the kiss totally baffled me i was like oooh really.

11. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Missed it last night as out on the town. Going to catch the repeat on FiveUS tonight but the epi doesn't sound as good as last week (esp where Flack is concerned).

12. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

^ To be honest, I don't think that you missed out on much! A far-fetched 'A' story with a pathetic ending. As for the 'B' story & Mac playing his guitar ... more ideas that have been re-gurgitated showing stupidity of college kids & the superior being that is Mac (sorry Mac fans but sometimes I want to poke him in the eyes!!)

13. Sammie

Sammie Rookie

First Ep review in a long time, this one might be a bit crap.

The negatives:

The B case was rather boring, it was uninteresting and felt as if it had been thrown together for the sheer point of filling up screen time. I wish sometimes they would scrap the B Cases in some episodes there not worth watching. This was one of them.

The lack of continuity from the last episode, no mention of 333 or the bloody shirt, what the hell? Mac wouldn't just brush it aside or forget about it and I want to know what the hell is going on! Stop making filler episodes god damn it. I hate when one comes flying along right slap bang in the middle of the freaking plot arc.

I agree with Sammy11 that it would have been better if they had focused more on his mental problems, if they had played that card right it could have made this episode really good. Supermans a classic episode in my book. One of my favourites. Though at the same time I'm sure there would have been people moaning about how similar it would have been, can't really win either way I guess. To be honest as soon as the time travelling thing became evident you kinda knew right away anyway that he wasn't exactly right in the head if you know what I mean.

I found the ending of both cases rather saddening really, the A case broke my heart just because stuff like that really does happen in college and pranks go too far, someone that young really doesn't deserve it. The B case ending just made me want to smack the guys head upside down. The greedy moron, the guy was just a kid really.

The Positives:

And there was Adam action tonight. *fangirls* Oh I love him I really do. He's the only lab tech except Greg who's stuck it out so long in a CSI series I think, the ones in Miami chop and change a lot (though saying that I gave up watching that after Speed [still lives] dramalama) I only really noticed it tonight.

Flack walking in on Kevin in the shower, that one made me laugh like a loon in a straight jacket. I really liked Flack in this episode, his interaction with Mac actually made me grin like a Cheshire cat. And Macs line about the future, just the look on his face warranted a squee.

Hawkes was amazing tonight, so annoyed and pissed off, I like him like that mostly because he usually isn't like that, if you get that at all. I suck at explaining stuff like this but it just adds a little extra slightly darker side I think that makes him more believable and with the powers that be behaving the way they are right now that's a very good though, kinda grounds the show a little. Also I completely love the way he geeked out over the ''electric chair with mood lighting'' another reason to love Flack on the side. There relationship is strange really I think kinda, well maybe not but their hilarious together, and they made me squee, with the mess that they have created with some of the characters its nice to have some consistency. Now tonight was the first time I really recognised any hint of sarcasm between Flack and Hawkes and Sammy11 pointed out that it might be because Flack feels inferior to Hawkes, I am inclined to agree with that.

Now Danny. Whoah I could type all morning here! That shirt, jeez, and the running, and the wit made me want to flip backwards several times in to a wall and then run around with no top on squealing (ok not really but you kinda get the idea) I also know I'm going to have to endure my freak spending the whole of our biology tutorial tomorrow morning (yes all morning 3 hours yey) fangirling over him (not like I won't be joining her in that) but thanks Danny...thanks a lot. I think the only good thing about the B case was it gave Danny a little bit of room to make jokes and still show some what of a distaste (along with Stella) towards the college girl. I've really missed 'old' Danny kinda nice and nostalgic to have him back.

Stella...just no...just don't go anywhere near Drew I do not get good feelings with this it will end in tears and drama and for the love of good think back to Season two! Please! The Powers That Be what are you doing to this poor woman!

And what are they doing to Mac? Jesus wept! I’m just pissed they've written Peyton out so quickly. I wanna smack them. Though Mac took it well...incredibly well.. and it really did allow for some awesome Stella/Mac moments the ending of the ep made me all fluffy inside, and Mac playing the bass made me squeee.

Still, kinda mediocre this week. I just can't get over the complete ignorance of what is turning out to be the major plot arc, makes me want to smack the writers heads off their desks and maybe give them a bit more sense.

14. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Right

Plus points

Flack and his reaction to the guy in the shower.

Flack’s Dr Who reference.

Hawkes getting some decent screen time for a change. Come on guys we would like to see him used more effectively and more often. Hell we saw more of him when he was the coroner in season 1.

Mac telling Stella when she gets the parachute, to take a chance and that he found happiness when Peyton pursued him.

Peyton Dumping Mac. Great scene with Gary reading the letter his expressions were wonderful. (Sorry Peyton fans I wasnt that keen on her and I hope she is gone for good.)

Mac Flack interaction interviewing the assistant.

Sid – He is just fun to watch.

Mac playing base at the end and Stella showing up to make sure he is okay. Nice underplayed sceen. Plus it doesnt hurt that Gary looked hot. (I need to get to the states and see Lt Dan Band play in real life.)

Minus Points

What are the writers on DRUGS. Another stupid plot line. Thats three lame plots in three weeks. (Four if you count the B case)

What really let it down was that the crook actually thought Time Travel worked and committed 2 murders based on that. The mentally unstable scientist I could forgive but the ending was just to far fetched that even a crook (even considering that he failed school) could fall for that (no matter how desperate he was for money) was just ludicrous.

Peyton dumping Mac by letter. Okay the actress was unavailable for filming, but it was still not a great way to end things. Her wanting to be in London I could go for, but she owed Mac a call, or a face to face meeting.

As for the B case the story was really boring, as in been there, seen that, done it before (and done it far better) story line.

15. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

I enjoyed this one but I'm glad they warned us about the "Graphic Autopsy Scenes" beforehand. The needle scene (and the flashback to the baby) grossed me out! And that doesn't happen often.

- Mac + Flack + guns = YUM.
    - Interesting to see that AJ was credited as "Special Guest Star". This happened to Wallace Langham and Louise Lombard in LV, both were promoted to the opening titles eventually.
    - We got to see Mac smiling a bit this week. The one just after he said "Nobody knows what the future holds" was definitely swoon-worthy.
    - I hate to bring this up, but while Flack has heard of Dr Who, he's not that big a fan - he'd have known that his name is The Doctor, NOT Doctor Who!
    - I loved Danny's line about the kid who could blow out candles. Normally in those scenes it's Sid who gets the gross-out line, and I love how Stela interrupted!
    - That was the only part of the B case I did like, though. I thought there were a few holes in that one, like Sid's assumption that the girl couldn't have drawn all those sad faces on herself because she couldn't reach (I tried it, but not with a pen obviously, and with a mirror she could easily have done it herself). Also, trying out that kind of drug on students? I'm not sure of the medical ethics involved here, but wouldn't they have picked young married couples or something?
    - Browning's method of predicting the future was more Numb3rs than Doctor Who in the end. I THINK (not sure, the explanation was a bit complicated) that while he was in the chair, the current was doing something to the needle in his brain, and he was making probability calculations too quickly for him to understand that he was doing it, so when he'd finished he actually believed he was travelling through time. Browning's comment about killing Kevin could have been his guilt over getting him involved.
    - Peyton. It's already been said that dumping him by letter was awful, and I agree - but dumping him by letter and sending it to his OFFICE, where anyone could read it (and Stella actually did)? The earlier scene, where Mac was telling Stella how happy he was, was heartbreaking to watch in the repeat, knowing that said happiness is about to be snatched away from him.
    - I noticed the bloody T-shirt in the titles. Was it there before this week?
    - There was a really cool flashback transition, where Mac sat down and the background changed.