CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Mac's getting some again! :devil: Way to go, Mac! :lol: Da ladies love him, alright.

It's the joining the cast bit that interests me. As a recurring character? A regular character? The main roster's already full as it is. Adam is supposedly a regular but he's not even there half the time. :(

From what I hear, the fire is started by the little boy in the apartment next to Stella's.

I'd like to apologize for apparantly posting too much before. I did not realize it for the info it was(It was from another site where it stated it was okay to share these spoilers with others). Sorry if I ruined it for anyone, and I've edited out what Top had already hidden behind the cut. Again, sorry if I ruined it for anyone.

Fresh Spoilers, Yaaaay!!! Thanks Everyone! :D

Can't wait to see the 2nd part of the 2nd Life storyline, and it'll be nice to have a Stella-centric episode where she's not being stalked by a crazy guy :rolleyes:

And Mr. Mac has caught the eye of another new woman? Woo Hoo, good for Mac! He went from the isolated, ever-grieving widower to a full fledged member of the Dating Scene :) Don't like the thought of the woman "joining the cast" though, I would hope/guess it's more of an "every 8th episode" recurring character thing, like Kendall, or Det. Maka was. I'd rather see Adam and Sid get more much deserved air time (and Hawkes!) than yet another outsider. So, I like the story idea, don't like the "recurring" idea :( (Although I would bet it's not just Romance for Romance's Sake, if she's from the Mayor's office, she's probably tied into a storyline, probably a continuation of the politically charged stuff we saw late last season/early this season)

^ Txs for the info guys. I guess it's 'meet the neighbours'-season. :p

And 4x16 is probably the one mentioned in the 'Mercury News' article as posted by Elsie a while back:

...In the writers' conference room, executive producer Pam Veasey tossed out the story premise for one episode: "There's a fire, and it's clearly arson...

MBGrissom said:
Fresh Spoilers, Yaaaay!!! Thanks Everyone! :D

Can't wait to see the 2nd part of the 2nd Life storyline, and it'll be nice to have a Stella-centric episode where she's not being stalked by a crazy guy :rolleyes:

And Mr. Mac has caught the eye of another new woman? Woo Hoo, good for Mac! He went from the isolated, ever-grieving widower to a full fledged member of the Dating Scene :) Don't like the thought of the woman "joining the cast" though, I would hope/guess it's more of an "every 8th episode" recurring character thing, like Kendall, or Det. Maka was. I'd rather see Adam and Sid get more much deserved air time (and Hawkes!) than yet another outsider. So, I like the story idea, don't like the "recurring" idea :( (Although I would bet it's not just Romance for Romance's Sake, if she's from the Mayor's office, she's probably tied into a storyline, probably a continuation of the politically charged stuff we saw late last season/early this season)
I agree with you. Maybe she'll be involved in a case, then a few eps later we'll see Mac and her on a date, and she'll just be mentioned/heard/seen occasionally in episodes. That would make her a 'recurring' character wouldn't it? I like it when romance storylines in CSI are done that way. just as little 'add-ons' to case/character centric eps to give them a little something extra. Kind of like the nice subtle flirting/relationship between Flack and Angell or Adam and Barbie Girl (ok, ok, Kendall, yuck i hate her).Peyton was only in 10 episodes, 9 if you don't count Time's Up, and she had her 'own' scenes in various eps. I would like it if this woman was only in a few eps, and Sid, Hawkes and Adam got more screen time. If she works for the mayor's office, she couldn't be involved in too many cases/eps could she? While I hope they don't overdo it, I really hope this woman doesn't go the same way as Flack's 'girlfriend' did.
But I LOVE the idea of Mac getting a new lady (even though by all rights that position belongs to ME) It's an interesting development for his character, it's nice to see him changed from as you put it 'an ever grieving widower to a full fledged member of the dating scene'. Also it would show that he's willing to take the risk with romance like he talked about in Time's Up.
So I hope they go ahead with it and handle it right.

EDIT - The Stella centric case sounds very interesting too, and yes, something Stella-centric which doesn't involve her being involved with psychos or a victim in some other way would be fantastic. I'm hoping for some Rambo!Stella!

I liked it when mac was a bit more solitary. it's weird to see him date and I despised Peyton! Thankies for all the spoilers, I can not wait to watch all these new eps!

Yay to the next ep being the Second Life one.

Guys, in the future please be careful about spoiling the end of any episodes. I've edited one to be in a spoiler box just because most people don't want to know the resolution to cases. Thank you! :)

~dons lycra ranting pants~

Surprise, surprise, it's all about getting him laid. According to Ausiello, Mac's new love interest will be a femme fatale from the mayor's office, and she'll be a recurring character.

Please, oh, please, tell me that we're not recycling Miami storylines, with the mayor deciding that the lab needs closer scrutiny after being infiltrated by the Irish mob and hacked by l33t hackers who live inside video games for those who wish they were someone else. Further, don't tell me that at some point, Peyton will return from London, whereupon we'll learn that Drew Bedford forged the "Dear Mac" letter. I'd rather not know that my hapless, functionally retarded, red-headed crime drama is going to become As the GCMS Turns.

I've said it before ad nauseum(distributes airsick bags for those sick of hearing this), but I watch crime dramas for the whodunnit, not the who's doing it. I don't understand why the writers reach for their tools when commanded to create something new and immediately set about building a grandiosely conceived but shoddily constructed ship. It's ridiculous. DL, the purported canon flagship, has mercifully become the fandom Flying Dutchman, a phantom ship sighted but rarely and spoken of in furtive whispers, lest it rise from the deep to curse all who see it. But now we've got the cheeky, steadily advancing dinghy of Flack/Angell and the tummy chum-inducing subtext of Adam/Kendall. And TPTB want to add Mac/New Chick to the mix.

Are you kidding me? Coupledom on TV has a bad habit of consuming and diminishing the individuals within the couple. We saw that with Danny for the latter half of S2 and most of S3. We would've seen that from Lindsay if she hadn't been a hollow fluff creature introduced for the sole purpose of being Messer's talking glory hole. We saw it with Peyton, though not with Mac because he's a workaholic, self-absorbed ass. At this rate, everyone but Hawkes and Stella will be redefined as one half of what they were by S5.

The hell with that. I watch the show because I want to see Flack and the nerd squad on the job, with the briefest of glimpses into their personal lives. I read and write angsty and/or glurgy fanfiction for the rest. It's the job of the writers to present the show they promised viewers. It's the job and joy of the fans to fill in the rest.

And honestly, where is this recurring star going to fit? Hawkes is a regular, and sometimes, it seems as though he couldn't get screen time if he offered his services on the casting couch. Adam Ross has garnered lots of attention and an alleged credit as a series regular, but he's MIA more often than not. Are TPTB going to hijack more of their scarce screen time for a new "love interest" and sweet-mannaed drama pony for Mac to ride hard and put away wet?

Oh, please. Why not revisit some dangling plot threads instead? Like Louie, or the mob guy Mac threatened in "Zoo York", or a better explanation of who killed the Fed in "...Comes Around", or Stella's on the lam foster sister from "Cold Reveal", or why Flack can't go home.

But instead, we get to watch the utterly charmless and gameless Mac chase tail like a stud horse with his pecker on Stun.

Whee sodding hee, powers that be. Remind me why the writers deserve a raise?

...I feel better now and will return to my lurking hole.

Like Louie, or the mob guy Mac threatened in "Zoo York", or a better explanation of who killed the Fed in "...Comes Around", or Stella's on the lam foster sister from "Cold Reveal", or why Flack can't go home.
Yes, please, to all of that. You could write five episodes just with that stuff right there--and maybe it would be five episodes without bored rich murderers and impossibly-beautiful victims and such.

Sprinkling some continuity from previous seasons into the new episodes would enrich the show if you ask me. Get people curious about what happened before and make sure that you actually satisfy their curiosity about what will happen later (rather than making them wonder and then dropping the storyline like a bad habit).

La Guera, I can certainly see where you're coming from, on some points. I personally prefer all-out shipping on my crime dramas be kept to an absolute minimum, I don't mind knowing that they're dating - they're human, after all - but I do prefer to hear about it onscreen, and have it actually happen offscreen, for the most part. IMO, major shipping completely ruined one of the other CSIs, for me.

However, I do suspect, as I mentioned in my post, that this woman won't be Romance for Romance's Sake, but tied directly into a political storyline. I'm kinda crossing my fingers that will be the case, and that her airtime will be only case/storyline related, and no more than that. We don't need yet another extraneous character taking away from airtime for our beloved, established regulars.

As Elsie said in the 'Just the Facts' spoiler thread, the woman reference in Ausiello's column seems to be Jillian Gates. I've got a bit more info about her in the spoilers I gathered up for 4.15. I also got some more for 4.16. Nothing should go past the first half of the episode. I can't be 100% sure, but that was my aim (generally, that's the latest a spoiler report will reference, the halfway point of the episode). I don't want to give away too much, but I hope this is all okay with y'all. :)

4.15 "DOA For a Day":

~ Flack is apparently a bit of a Star Wars nerd and compares the bar full of cosplayers to a bar from one of the movies (not being a Star Wars buff, I can't help there :p)
~ The Mayor is going to be speaking at a Green Rally that's being organized by Jillian Gates, the Criminal Justice Coordinator. Mac helped her out with a stalker ex-husband last year, and she helped him out by pulling strings regarding the clean-up of the lab after "Snow Day". (The Mayor wasn't too pleased with Mac for blowing up the lab, hehe.)
~ As for the case itself: I'm a bit confused, but I think the assassin has been assassinated. :eek: But it ain't over yet.

4.16 "Right Next Door":

~ Mac tells Stella to head home, and when she gets there, she sees her neighbor, Connie, dealing with a very unhappy little girl. Connie tells Stella that she promised to take care of her niece overnight and that it wasn't turning out very well. Stella wishes her luck and then heads to her own apartment.
~ Stella wakes up in the middle of the night and realizes that the apartment building is on fire. There is smoke in her bedroom. She rushes out into help get everybody evacuated, banging on apartment doors as everyone heads for the stairs. The sprinkler system doesn't seem to be working.
~ She finds Jason, Connie's son, and risks her life to get him to safety.
~ Once outside, Stella stays with Jason and Connie runs up. Stella asks why she left her son behind, but Connie said she lost track of Jason on the fire escape and the firefighters wouldn't let her get back near the building. Her niece, she says, it with paramedics.
~ Flack arrives--you know Flack. :p
~ The fire is clearly arson, and they discover a dead body in the building that makes them think it was meant as a cover-up. A convicted arsonist is their primary suspect, and during the interrogation, Flack points out to him that someone he cares about was in that building and that he's going to make sure the guilty person pays for what happened.

After reading Fay's lastest post in the other spoiler thread I think i'm more looking forward to 416 evn though I can't wait for the conclusion of 'Down the Rabbit Hole'

Yeah, 4.16 does sound pretty good actually, I'm hoping it'll be a great episode. :) My only concern is that, with Stella waking in the middle of the night, she will undoubtedly be wearing a ridiculously skimpy negligee, and the 'girls' will once again be displayed for the world to see. :rolleyes: :lol:

I agree with you Fay, I think the assassin has been assassinated. And I love the reference to Snow Day. :lol:

eta: I also love Flack's reference to Star Wars. After his Doctor Who reference earlier in the season they are turning him into such a pretty and adorable geek. :lol:

e will undoubtedly be wearing a ridiculously skimpy negligee, and the 'girls' will once again be displayed for the world to see

To be honest, when I read 'Stella wakes up...' that was my exact thought :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back