CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

Shame there's little on what's going with Rikki what with the preview and all, but being a spoiler whore, I'm happy nonetheless.

I'm digging the fact Angell's back again. I wonder if they're planning on making her a regular next season. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^I'd like to see Angell back, at least for a few episodes next season. I didn't think we'd see her again after she was MIA in season 3 after being mentioned in the spoilers for an episode, so it was great to see her in a few this season. I definitely hope they can keep Emmanuelle around.

3. baker_grad

baker_grad Victim

Opps .. okay I didn't mean to imply that everything was planned in detail, just the characters, the idea of who the characters are and could be ... and that there was a plan of growth ... which includes falling in love. I was referring to a scene in season 1 where Mac teases Danny about falling in love. A detail. I was just thinking about the spoiler discussion and that we don't "see" everything. I was just thinking that maybe Zuker wasn't just refering to the photograph when he said they won't always point out everything, but there would be details. That was the connection (and obviously I wasn't clear). I was just saying that it could have been a double meaning. Maybe not, but I thought it was interesting.

That said ... there have been several details this season. In the second life epi Danny has this talk that connects love ... with someone you're planning on spending your life with. Not a leap all guys make. I think those details are important.

As the writers knew this would be the last episode--though it was not smoothed out by them--I think there could be something brewing. But I don't think it will be permanent--and I hope that most of the drama stays with forensic science and crime, not overblown melodramatic love triangles like other shows. But that's not spoiler oriented--it's just a hope! :p

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I find it interesting that some people, I'm not saying you specifically, use that detail as some kind of sign that Danny is in love with Lindsay. Lindsay stood Danny up in S3, so to me the comment he made about not standing up the woman with whom you want to spend your life was an indication that Danny maybe isn't all that enamored with Lindsay.

5. baker_grad

baker_grad Victim

I think the key difference is that the guy Danny was interrogating had just said he was in love with her and he stood her up. Lindsay hadn't even begun a relationship with Danny at that point. She wasn't standing him up and saying she loved him. Not that he does or she does, but I think its different. And the fact that she was dealing with her memories in a painful way she told Stella she didn't understand. How could she bring a guy into that kind of weirdness ... and isn't that kind of what the other guy was saying in second life... anyway, that's not really spoiler material, but I thought I would respond.

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I have to agree with this but I also find it interesting that some people seem to think that anything Danny says regarding love/marriage has to do with him being with Lindsay and that somehow now that Lindsay is here everything he ever said about it, is all because of her. :rolleyes: It just seems that since Lindsay appeared, there is no Danny or Lindsay individually anymore and that everything one of them thinks/says/does has some bearing or underlying meaning about the other one. Whether they're together or not, every single thing they do/say/feel/think can be done without them thinking about the other. :rolleyes:

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Carmine also said that Danny might find out "Lindsay's not all Danny thought she was" so anything's possible at this point. They could live happily ever after; they could break up next season. The only definitive spoiler we have right now is that Danny is going to push Lindsay away at the end of Wednesday's episode.

8. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

^Didn't he also say "I don't know if we've got to go so far as love"

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Yeah, he did. From the interview:

CSI Files: Have you been given any hints about what might be next for Danny and Lindsay in the next season?

Giovinazzo:I did hear a little bit about there's going to maybe be some wayward Danny [behavior] this season.

CSI Files: Is there going to be another woman, or might there be a love triangle in the works?

Giovinazzo: I don't know if we've got to go so far as love--he does the things young men do.

CSI Files: Oh no! Is he going to cheat on Lindsay?

Giovinazzo: Well, you never know. I think that's a possibility, that maybe she wasn't all Danny thought she'd be. Maybe he's already looking elsewhere.

10. Top41

The "she wasn't all Danny thought she'd be" really seems to apply to the current situation. Here Danny is, desperately in need of emotional support, and Lindsay can't give that to him. That could potentially be a source of friction.

11. baker_grad

baker_grad Victim

More than Lindsay giving Danny what he needs, Danny needs to let go enough to turn to Lindsay. If he keeps blaming himself he won't. He's the one who's holding it in. To be fair, no one knows how to deal with the death of a child. No one knows what to say. I say this because if the writers have him turn to someone else, it's on him and he has no excuse.

I just don't think you can put the blame on Lindsay for saying 'I don't know how to deal with this.' Dealing with the loss of children is hard and very very real. I really hope the writers don't hang it all on that. What she said is what most people would say to someone they respected (Mac) and wanted advice from.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

If the spoilers turn out the way the are, it sounds like Lindsay isn't very understanding that Danny needs space and time to himself. She may not know how to deal with the situation, but she should realize trying to make Danny talk; especially after he gave her so much room and support to deal with her issues in S3, isn't going to help the situation. Acting selfish and demanding, if that happens, will be totally on Lindsay. Everyone grieves differently, and if Lindsay can say, "I'm not good at this," she can certainly say, "I'm not good at this, but I'll be here if you need anything."

As far as the audience knows, they slept together once. Danny turning to someone else for support/comfort when/if Lindsay proves she can't be there for him wouldn't be a bad thing if that is what happens.

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree but I don't think she has it in her. She's selfish. It was perfectly fine for Danny to tell her he'd be there if she needed anything, but I think she expects Danny to let her if/when she wants to be there for him.

Danny needs to let go of what? The grief? I certainly hope that's not what you meant. It's true that everyone grieves differently but there's no reason she couldn't have at least told him "I'm here if you need me." or if she couldn't find the words, a simple hug would do. People can argue all day that he would have turned her away but he talked to Mac (not that Mac's much more emotional support than Lindsay) and the promo shows Flack talking to him. That makes me put the blame on Lindsay. Going to Mac instead of Danny gives me the impression that even if she doesn't know what to say/do, she'd rather just avoid Danny than to try. Danny's the one in pain therefore Lindsay is the one who needs to be flexible.

I didn't see Angell running to Mac for advice. She told Danny herself that she was sorry and without saying more, let Danny know that even if she didn't know what he was going through, she cared enough to reach out.

It's my hope that with the way Flack told Danny 'you gotta stop blaming yourself' that he has talked to Danny since it happened but we are just now finding out and Flack is telling him again (in the sweetest and softest voice I've ever heard from him) to stop blaming himself.

From an audience standpoint (unless you just want DL together), it doesn't appear there's anything more between them besides sex one time. I've seen no indication this season they are a couple but couple or not, Danny needs support/comfort and from what we've seen in episodes 11 and 12, he hasn't gotten it from her. You certainly couldn't blame him for soaking it up from whoever offers it to him.

14. althea

althea Lab Technician

^^ Lindsay's "I'm not good with this." just proved how self absorbed she is. My god if she really gave an inkling about Danny she would have pushed herself into that position and said like you guys have mentioned "I'm not good with this type of things but I'm here...etc" That would have made me like the character a little more but just saying oh I can't just tells me she really doesn't care. And so who can really blame Danny for seeking out someone who understands and cares?

15. Top41

I did understand Lindsay's "I'm not good with this" in "Child's Play." Danny did storm off, presumably not wanting to talk to her since he didn't go until she walked in. But by "Happily Never After," he obviously wasn't running from people who wanted to talk to him (i.e. Angell). So where was Lindsay? I guess she could be supporting him offscreen, but we can't really make that assumption with nothing to go on. I guess we'll see how it all plays out tomorrow night, but my guess is that Danny's been really needy and she's nowhere to be found until she decides she can "deal with" him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.