CSI: NY Season 4 Spoilers! Discussion in the Big Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! Finally I'm caught up on spoilers... I think. I'm going to reserve judgment on the spoilers till the episodes air since the sheer quantity of them -- along with everyone's comments -- is so overwhelming! But yay for continuity, such as it is, with the Second Life follow-up and for not dropping the ball on the storyline involving Danny and Riki.

When is the first of the new episodes supposed to air again?

OK I'm new, call me Kitten I'm female age 47. The epi' that aired Wednesday is NOT a repeat right. So, how many new ones till the season finale.

Ah! Finally I'm caught up on spoilers... I think. I'm going to reserve judgment on the spoilers till the episodes air since the sheer quantity of them -- along with everyone's comments -- is so overwhelming! But yay for continuity, such as it is, with the Second Life follow-up and for not dropping the ball on the storyline involving Danny and Riki.

When is the first of the new episodes supposed to air again?

OK I'm new, call me Kitten I'm female age 47. The epi' that aired Wednesday is NOT a repeat right. So, how many new ones till the season finale.

Welcome to the board! Correct, Wednesday's episode was not a repeat, it was a brand new episode titled Personal Foul. You can read the review for it here. Now that episode 4.19 has aired, there are two episodes left, 4.20 Taxi and 4.21 Hostage. :)

I also agree that the Taxi Killer's target is not Mac, and it is because of the blog Reed is doing. I think it would be too much at this point to handle. We had the Second Life assassin go after Mac at one point, and then there was the 333 stalker. However, I think they're saving the Mac!drama for Hostage, which we all know is going to happen.

I'm hoping that we see a changed Reed after Taxi, as he's really starting to grate on my nerves, as he is on many others. When I heard he was coming back this season I was stoked, and his appearances this season are nothing like that of his in Season 3. I'm thinking the abduction from the TK will change his way of things and hopefully for the better. :)

Yeah, that "son" thing from the preview was way inaccurate, but like someone else said, "step son who was given up for adoption at birth" is a bit of a mouthful. :lol:

I hope Reed survives!

that's true about it being a mouthful....but i honestly had no problem with it when i saw the preview. dna isnt everything (weird to say about a csi show i know); you can love someone like a son even if you aren't biologically related. and i really think that's how mac feels about reed. he was a lot more paternal towards him in this episode - even when he was putting him in his place, it struck me as a very dad thing to do.

i hope reed survives too; i LOVE the character and i just don't think they'd do that to mac. if they do, i will be so pissed off.

Last edited:
that's true about it being a mouthful....but i honestly had no problem with it when i saw the preview. dna isnt everything (weird to say about a csi show i know); you can love someone like a son even if you aren't biologically related. and i really think that's how mac feels about reed. he was a lot more paternal towards him in this episode - even when he was putting him in his place, it struck me as a very dad thing to do.

i hope reed survives too; i LOVE the character and i just don't think they'd do that to mac. if they do, i will be so pissed off.

I am hoping that he survives too. I know in the last couple of eps he has annoyed people but I think its a delibarate plot point, I think (hope) that they are setting things up for a scene where Reed admits he got a bit carried away and he and Mac talk. I could be being a bit hopefull here, but it would be nice.

Think i'm with the majority not wanting Reed to die. Mac has lost a lot of people so reed aswel would be a blow.
He's a good character to cos we know how much the press can manipulate everything. And being someone close to mac adds even more pressure because he is in 2 minds of how he should act.

should definately be interesting.

I definitely don't want Reed to die--annoying or not, he's a good character with a lot of potential. I'm crossing my fingers that this is just a way to develop that potential. As has been pointed out, there are enough aggravating 'kids' in this franchise, and I don't want Reed to be one of them.

I would love to see a scene after Mac saves Reed (assuming he saves him--which I think he will) in which Mac shows that he was worried and that he didn't want to lose Reed, and Reed acknowledges that he made mistakes and that he'll learn from them.

Slight OT... But your av Faylinn have me laughing cos i didn't realised what a Ho Ho was but now i realised its what i know as a swiss roll.

Hehe, yeah, I thought Ho Hos were those cupcakes with the cream inside and the swirly white stuff on top, but when I googled it I saw what they were. :p When wrthy2bluvd posted this avatar, I had to snag it. :lol:

I definitely don't want Reed to die--annoying or not, he's a good character with a lot of potential. I'm crossing my fingers that this is just a way to develop that potential. As has been pointed out, there are enough aggravating 'kids' in this franchise, and I don't want Reed to be one of them.

I would love to see a scene after Mac saves Reed (assuming he saves him--which I think he will) in which Mac shows that he was worried and that he didn't want to lose Reed, and Reed acknowledges that he made mistakes and that he'll learn from them.

This is exactly what I am hoping for. I am crossing my fingers that I wont be disappointed. The relationship with Mac and Reed has always been handled so well, I am praying that it is still being developed to the same standard.

There is one thing that bugs me about Reed. The fact that in the beginning he looked like a shy, not too talkative kid, and now all of a sudden he's the pushing journalist. I still don't want Reed to die, and I expect next week a lot of Mac drama. And that is good, although at one point SuperMac will step in to save the day :lol: My other hope is that the D/L will not interfere with the next episode, it was too much in Personal Foul and I need a break from that.

Is it bad that I don't care at all about the finale? :D

that is exactly what i'm hoping for too. i would love to see reed stay on the show.

^I agree as well. I think Reed is adorable, and the guy that plays him is an awesome actor. Even in the promo, the part where he says "Please don't kill me." just watching that for 2 seconds made me weepy. He's such a fantastic character. I hope he stays and Mac saves him and hugs him. Aw! sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back