CSI: New York - Season 5 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by aconnell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

here's to being in on saturday nights :beer::beer:

i really liked tonight's ep - it was lovely to see greece (i adore greece, i'm off there for 2 weeks in august, so excited!) and it was a good paced ep as well. also, i've never really been pro smack but y'know that ep might just have changed my mind - it was so sweet, even i was going all mushy by the end!:rolleyes:

2. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

It was certainly different, but I do like a change of pace every now and then, this was a highly enjoyable one. If they'd brought in all of the plot that episode as a lot of shows annoyingly do it would have seemed much too discontected and unreal, but because it was joined so strongly to long going plots and already introduced charaters it was good. I love to pieces how New York shows 'flashbacks' so we get to see them as children, I'm hoping they do the same if we have a plot about adam or any of the others.

Overall I loved the whole plotline and the nice tying of ends (though am still left wondering where in stella's timeline she was a foster child in america as seen in previous episodes if he saved her from foster care). It had a nice smattering of various scenes, most of them mushy and cute, but I think my overall favourite is at the very end where she is doing a very unconvincing reading of his coffee granules. I love it when we get childish scenes at the end of episodes, they make me grin from ear to ear.

3. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i just finished watching Saturday's episode , and i thought the episode was very good .

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

my attempts to ignore the finale online seem to be failing dismally - i just want to know what happens and i really want to get going on those s6 spoilers! i'll still watch on saturday tho, obviously ;)

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

It's so cool you're going to Greece in August!

I think it was a brilliant episode. I really liked the way all the threads were brought together, and the twists - I expected Kovolos might die, but I really thought he'd turn up dead in the container, and I was shocked by the revelation about Professor P. I think Melina Kanakaredes has the characters of Mac and Stella down really well, their reactions and interactions were spot on, and both got some really good stuff to work with. Liked how the Flack/Angell relationship was worked in too. I am a Smacked fan, and my Smacked heart just melted in this ep. The different setting was really interesting, I know it's meant to be CSI NY, but it's always good to see different locations once in a while - like when H. went to Brazil in Miami. I loved the coffee grounds scene at the end too, awww! Baby Lucy was v. cute, as was Danny getting all jealous about Lucy liking 'another man'.:lol: He really hasn't grown up much since s1, has he?:lol:
    I would give the ep an A generally, and an A+ for Smacked content. Not as good as Yahrzeit, IMO, but probably it will be my second favourite episode of the season.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - only one week of NY left!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Yay that they're starting Miami s7 (is that right?) on June 30th, though.

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

What I want to know about the episode is who is supposed to be looking after baby Lucy? Surely there must be some rules about having children in the lab. Just seemed abit weird.
    I thought the Mac and Stella bits were quite sweet, and it was good to see them in a different setting.
    Not one of my fav episodes, but it was alright.

I can't believe we only have one to go!

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, that's right :)

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I did kind of think that Mac should have sent Lindsay home. Even if she is working part time, she shouldn't be working it with the baby. :lol: That said, I do expect the baby to appear every now and then, so it's not surprising, just a little silly.

I didn't really enjoy the episode. It wasn't all bad, and the picture that was supposedly Stella's mum was simply hilarious.

Yep, one more episode. And then a wait until January time for the new season! *Sobs*

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i thought the picture was really funny too - what were they thinking?!

yeah, i doubt i'll bother waiting tbh, i'll get it online and then watch it again on my telly. i have quite a big screen on my computer - it's a mac, perfect for watching mac ;)

10. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I gotta wait January:( forget that. I watch all the eps on you tube when they come out in the U.S anyway;) I don't have have willpower to wait:p

Lol mac watching mac:lol:

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I do kinda like waiting and watching them on 5. And I did really well this year and didn't look at a single spoiler (except for Miami). So im quite pleased with myself!

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^^ i'm normally that way too, i don't even like downloading leaked albums because i like to wait for the proper version with artwork etc. but this time i guess i was just antsy!

13. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

Just wow, I swear the finale was more like a movie than an episode, the filming and editing was brillaint. I think though its sad to see angell go they gave her one hell of a send off. We got to see various titbits that made you really feel like you knew her, like that exchange with her father (the photo made me smile as her expression was so clearly Jess, even from that age). And the prank in the autopsy room, it showed a good rounded picture of her personality so we really knew just what a special person we had lost.

I've heard some complain that Danny wasn't supportive enough of Flack in the hospital and later scenes, and while I agree punching a wall likely didn't help Flack, it was completly Danny and anything calmer just wouldn't have been him in that situation. He's not the most skilled when it comes to giving comfort, and the way he went about it, asking him if he was ok and patting him on the back was just his own way of showing comfort. Plus both are quite image concious males, so I thought particually in a work enviroment and in absence of excessive alcohol their portrayals were right on the money.

I think my favourite parts were all the little bits where we got to see all their different personalities shine through in their reactions and tactics, such as the shootout where Danny sneaked up behind the guy and knocked him out cold with the gun, Mac shot to kill and saved the victim and stell cornered one alive and Don doggedly pursued the suspect.

Part of me liked that they took don down the rather unexpected path for the very honor bound detective of (as far as we know) killing the suspect, I'm looking forward to seeing where they take that. As long as he keeps his badge I'm looking forward to it. And that final scene at the bar, I loved that everyone was there and how broken Flack managed to look sitting on that bar stool (Eddie's performance was amazing, right up there with some of Danny's ealier performances, I'm glad they decided to give him such great material to work with, it really managed to show what he was capable of).

Both loved and hated the cliffhanger ending, hated because I'm already jonesing for more csi new york that won't be out for ages, and loved because, what a way to end such a great episode. It really leaves open a lot of choices for next season, and I hope they have a great script to pull it off well. All in all brilliant.

14. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

loved last night CSI left me with loads of un-answered questions my brain is coming up with all sorts of what if's and maybe's i just really dunno where the show is going with this but it's still good a show that can keep people guessing right up til it comes back is a show worth watching.

I love spoilers but i hope that the first eppie back it's spoilt to much (because i can't stay away from spoilers) but after the first eppie bring the spoilers on lol :)

what to do with my saturday nights? reruns of season 5 is showing on five on tuesdays at 11 :)

15. lal

lal Pathologist

The Best CSI: NY Finale i have seen :thumbsup: bring on Season 6