CSI:Miami- season 7 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jun 23, 2009.

1. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

I agree, it was more of an average Miami episode rather than the "explosive finale" that DB was slagging off in the Radio Times - but then I'm still convinced he never actually watches the episodes before writing his articles.:mad:

I thought it was quite a bitty storyline too. Also, I must have missed something, because everyone was saying that Calleigh shot Eric, but when he drove past, we had a clear shot of him looking at her, and he was fine, and she didn't fire another shot at him after that, so... at what point is she supposed to have shot him? Like I said, I must have missed something! Ah well, an excuse to watch the repeat on Five USA tomorrow (like I need an excuse!!:lol:)

Now looking forward to the new NY in January. In the meantime, have a triffic christmas and a good 2010.:thumbsup:

Jude

2. lal

lal Pathologist

Hope you have a Great Christmas too :)

3. neworder

neworder Victim

I thought the finale was top notch. Good action, story, everyone does something in it, none of the cast are left out except perhaps Eva La Rue a bit.

So S7 overall - not the best IMO, in fact Seasons, 1,2,3,5 are better and it's probably on a par with Season 6 and I'm still yet to see Season 4.

Best Episode - Flight Risk
    Worst Episode - Smoke Get's in Your CSI's

Choosing the worst ep was hard because there are 5 or so episodes equally as weak as the one I said. Flight Risk topped it for me, just an interesting and funny ep, the finale was good too, as was the 2 parter involving Ryan, basically any episode involving the russian mob was good.

But as far as I can see none of this season was filmed in Miami apart from the re-used air shots, that's a big no no for me, some of the tech they use in the lab is ridiculous and there is a distinct lack of Horatio quotes prior to the intro sequence.
    So yeah some enjoyable episodes but far from the best season.

Back to earlier season viewing for me until Season 8 in June!

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

It's funny how opinions differ :)
    I couldn't disagree more - I hate this whole Russian mafia stuff, it's boring for me, especially considering that it's another mafia in CSI Miami...originality has never been the strongest thing in CSIM.
    I, for one, was extremely grateful that Horatio didn't say anything just before the intro, that was interesting. Me and my husband are always rolling our eyes when he says something like...'we...(long pause)...have...a murder'.
    So that was for me a nice change.
    And Season 7 was so far the best for me, but it's understandable, because I'm a hiphugger :)
    Nevertheless, I respect your opinion, completely different than mine, because that's what makes this forum interesting.

5. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

OK, my bad! I watched the repeat last night, and... yep, she shoots him through the windscreen. Old woman, bad eyesight - that's my excuse!:guffaw:

And I loved this season, just like all the others, despite its bizarreness and cheesiness. Actually, BECAUSE OF its bizarreness and cheesiness! That's what I love about Miami. There really is nothing else like it on TV, so... at least it's original in that way!!
    Jude

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Jude- I completely agree with your assesment. Miami is definitely unique!

As Kala says we all have different opinions on these things. I enjoyed this season, I enjoy all of them, but to me s6 was the weakest, s3/4 the strongest. This season was somewhere inbetween.
    I did miss the Horatio one liners. I like the cheesiness. Its not the same without them.
    The Russian mafia story did get abit dull. There are far too many gang related stories on Miami and I thing they need to cut down on them. That said, I loved the epi where Ryan was hostage (WISC) That was one of my favourite episodes of the season, and I liked last weeks, when Tara was fired. My favourite though (which surprised me being a big Ryan fan) was the epi where Delko was at that motel, and someone tried to kill him. I thought that was really well done.

7. TogoFTW

TogoFTW Dead on Arrival

^the WISC episode just aired here in Asia ^^
    yeah that episode is one of the best. but the strange thing is H reaction to Wolfe. Wolfe didn't tell him about something important and slower the investigation but he got away with it.