CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

Riddle me this then..Do you think CSI:Miami will be the first version to be canceled?

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I honestly don't know. I think of the two shows and the day and time assigned NY got the worst deal with Friday night, but Miami is going to have to deal with sports shoving them past their start time and viewers giving up and either watching something else or going to bed.

I think CSI NY has the better writers and showrunner by far. The stories are more science oriented and, for me anyway, more interesting. While I like the NY characters (love Stella) I'm more attached and invested in the Miami characters.

CSI Miami strongly indicated with their season finale that nothing will be changing with regard to where the focus of the show will be. I think that is going to hurt the show - a lot! E/C is killing the show, but they show every sign of making it the focus next season.

While I found NY's finale a little hard to believe, I find that the exception with them rather than the rule.

So if I had to say, I think NY would be the first to go. But I'm not by any means sure it would be the right call. Right now I think NY is the better show.

But I believe the greater potential for improvement rests with Miami.

3. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I love all three shows, so no offense, but I think both Miami AND NY are far better than the original. I don't know what it is, but something about the original is just... bland compared to the other two. It wouldn't have been, had they not made Miami so bright and NY so INTERESTING... I really do like the original, but I felt it should be the first to go.

JMO. Hopefully, they will all stick around for a few more years, at least!

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

And if it is the first to go, this is what will do it in. People turn into see a crime fighting show with all the science and not what is happening now.

If they don't right the ship, it could happen.

Better stories and less personal drama. Their writers seem to understand the show's concept better than Miami's writers do.

If that is the case, and tptb choose to ignore the other characters to emphasize this particular story arc and not return to the reason why the show became successful, with the new time slot, I give it one maybe two more seasons if that.

Friday night is a killer for a lot of shows (think as far back as Star Trek in the 1960's). Hopefully NY will buck that trend.

There is a lot of room for improvement that's for sure.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Sadly, I think this year may be the swan song for one,if not all of the CSIS. They ARE starting to show their age..and as cancelations and letting go of other stars has shown, CBS is tighting their purse strings...I know many of us will still watch it faithfully..but the fact remains CBS put Miami and NY in time slots they know won't do as well, Sunday in particular.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'm prepared at the fact this may be the last season for them...

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I find myself hoping this is the last season at this point. This show is so far removed from what it used to be. And I'm not buying their back to basics or concentration on the core cast BS.

They lied to me last season with that crap. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. There isn't going to be any back to basics this time any more then their was last season. And focus on the core cast means focus on the same two characters as the last 4 seasons.

Nothing ever changes with this show and that's why it's not going to survive. I've held on hoping for too long. Complaints are really showing up all over the internet now. Unless they are listening and are prepared to make some real changes, there are a lot of fans who are just saying screw it.

7. lovehiphugger

lovehiphugger Victim

I THINK CSI MIAMI IS GOING TO DO GOOD ON SUNDAYS CUZ NOTHING REALLY GOOD COME ON SO IT SHOULD IT HIGH RATEINGS :)

8. lovehiphugger

lovehiphugger Victim

SORRY ABOUT THAT 1 IT SHOULD GET HIGH RATEINGS ON SUNDAY NITE :)

9. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

i think so too:thumbsup:

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

CBS has announced that CSIM will move to Sundays starting August 15 (with repeats).

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Remember the season starts on a SUNDAY!

This just crossed my mind: Who's gonna remember that the season premieres on a sunday instead of monday?

I made sure I put an alram on my ipod...actually I did that as season 8 ended for the most likely dates. But I have a great feeling that it'll start the 19th since New York stats on 24th.

So how are you guys gonna remind yourselves? You can include what you'll be eating on that night and with whom and if you actually count down the time blah blah blah....I know most of us have planned the night already.

I'll probably be over my brother's house in bed with the volume up...after I raid the fridge and entire kitchen for food, probably popcorn, ice cream, pepsi...yeah:).

12. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Re: Remember the season starts on a SUNDAY!

Merged both threads into this one as they deal with similar subject-matter.

Also stickied the thread so that it's visible until premiere time. :)

-------------

Bleh, October 3rd is so far away. :/ Is this the first time it's aired this late? I do remember the original CSI being bumped to mid October once, but I don't think I remember Miami ever being past September. It probably means it'll be the last show to air its finale, though which I prefer. Although it's not like it's really up against any other primetime shows (unless you count football. Ick. :rolleyes:)

Probably with the episode thread, otherwise there's no hope for me. :lol: I hate when they move all my shows around; almost all of them are at the end of the week now. But at least I'll finally have something to watch on Sundays.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

WHAT THE HECK OCT 3RD? That's worse than worst:scream:, that's just crap, that's what I think. Of all these years of premiering in September, Y does this year have to be October?

The only thing that'll make me feel better is knowing that they saved the best for last but still, we'll have to wait longer for it:(.

15. yen35

yen35 Witness

I don't live in the States but Sundays 10 pm seems not so good compared to Monday 9 pm. I guess if it starts on time, its OK but if it gets late to start (due to sports etc, what people have said) then viewers would surely go to bed because they have work or college the next day. I understand why they had to move it from Monday because I saw on Wikipedia that season 8 had the lowest ratings (S8 was personally my favorite season) but thats no surprise considering that it was competing with Castle. I do hope the ratings go up. I guess it depends on what other shows its competing with. I personally won't watch Brothers and Sisters after they killed off Rob Lowe's character!

We have to wait till October to watch the conclusion to season 8? Thats a joke! All this time I thought it was September!