CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Here is the source for those interested.

I don't quite know how I feel about this yet, but it's good to see that CBS wants their new shows to have a chance and hasn't slapped them to the deathslots.

It'll be so weird having to wait until the end of the week after 8 years of always being first. :lol:

2. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I truly fear next year will be its last. As a fan of The Unit and Cold Case, I've come to determine the ten p.m. timeslot on Sunday is where CBS puts shows it wants to ax to die.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Hawaii 5-0 (which is gonna be in Miami's timeslot) will bomb and be cancelled before it's first season is even done. If that happens, I think they'll put Miami back in the Monday at 10/9c slot where it rightfully belongs.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hopefully this move wont lead to a drop in ratings. It seems strange that they have moved it, after so long.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I have to say I hope they do. I truly feel CBS could have gotten one more season out of Cold Case. It like the CSIS show was still good after seven years with an amazing cast.
    Instead, they're going with a remake of a series using an actor that now has two failed series under his belt, and putting CSI Miami on Sundays to die. Another good series being tossed aside.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,money is the king on TV so I am not surprised.It does not exactly bothers me becouse I watch casually and Sundays are good for me as well.Had it been Vegas or Criminal minds,other would be the story.:lol:

It could be good or bad for the show.I agree with Ninja becouse I liked WAT and it was such a bother to wait for sports to end. But at the same time,I was also a major fan of DH at that time so it was easy to watch DH if WAT did not started on time .Now the competition is Brothers and sisters so who knows.At least is not Fridays like NY.

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I don't think it's a reflection on the show. I think CBS is out of their MINDS. They moved SURVIVOR. I've been watching Survivor since day one! It was never in a threat of losing it's time slot. Even people who have dvr, like myself, would watch Survivor first (before I'd watch Vampire Diaries) in fear of seeing who got voted off...This is insane. They are trying to KILL it... and all the CSI's. ALL are still WINNING their time slots, so what gives?! Even Big Bang, it was doing awesome, WHY fix it if it ain't broke?!

I'm annoyed that I have to wait until AFTER football to find out what time Miami will be on. That's the reason I gave up on the amazing race, as much as I love it. But I will NOT give up on Miami... soooooo. There. And it will be back to Mondays if/when new shows start to tank.

NY I will still watch too. I'm not wanting any of them to die... even though it's obvious what CBS wants. They even canceled soaps that were on for over 70 years... so who knows!

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

What CBS wants is to tighten its purse strings... and that means long time series that cost money.... have got to go in the next couple of years. The CBS executives might miss an trip on their fancy jet or not get a new jag if they don't tighten the budget.

9. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Hmm I dunno how I feel about this... I don't see it affecting the ratings TOO much, but you never know... I'll guess I'll have to wait and see if the ratings either decrease or increase. I think I'll end up preferring it to be on Mondays. I always found it a good way to end a Monday. :p I guess I'll enjoy CSI Miami on Monday's at 10 while I can. :bolian:

10. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

I don't like this at all. I hope Hawaii thing does bad and Miami gets moved back.

11. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

What are Red Eye alerts?

12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Red Eye Alerts let you know if show will be delayed and what time it will start if it is. It sadly became a needed tool the past few seasons of Cold Case.

13. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

I really think that this entire time switch thing is such a bad idea. Miami and New York are both being put in time slots where the current tv show just got cut. So I have a really bad feeling about this time change. Hopefully the ratings keep up for all of the CSI's so we wouldn't have a situation like Law and Order where they cut one and not the others (even though they did cut the original). Whatever happens will happen and there is nothing we can do about it except for watch the show and help the ratings go up. Hopefully CSI Miami will continue to aire atleast through season 10.

14. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

As someone who is STILL angry about what happened to Cold Case, the fact CSI Miami is putting put in the death slot for it...makes me nervous and angry at the same time.

15. JohnBK

JohnBK Victim

I don't like the idea at all! What is CBS thinking?!?! Move that new show to Sundays, not CSI: Miami! I mean, When the Dallas Cowboys are playing on Sunday Night, I might miss CSI: Miami.
    Also, I had a TV schedule on Mondays. House, Lie to Me/24, then CSI: Miami. Now nothing good will be on at 9 PM Central. :(