CSI : Miami Icons #4 - Showcase, Links, and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres a new icon that ive made, and contemplating whether or not its good enough to go on my website or not, hope you like it, im in the moody i miss speed stage again at the mo, my poor friends are suffering :lol: :)
perfect-team.jpg

Great Icons I love the Ryans ones alot.. Good job. show me more hihi.
Here are 2 of me but not the best work i made, but i still wanted to show them.
th_91206_Image1_122_1124lo.jpg
th_91208_263_122_728lo.jpg

I am glad you like it! :D Of course I realized after the fact that I could slow it down and .gif files can go up to 60k and not 20k...so if I can figure out how - I am redo it for you sometime this week.

Yes, I am silly, but I'll settle- ours are equal. Fair? :lol:

Anyway I dunno how I got it clear, but my process usually goes like this (and will vary)

-Crop and re-size canvas to y x y (as in, if one side is 400 and one is 450, I make it 400x400)
-Color adjustment, replacement, saturation, ect ect.
-Sharpening and blurring (I will re-size it to see how it looks, undo, and adjust)
-Layering (color burns, multiples, soft light, ect)
-Lighting effects- this might be it. I'll usually do three spotlights, make one light up the whole picture, and the others specific areas. Adjust the brightness, and set to metallic instead of plastic, and shiny instead of matte. It seems to make it come out crisper and cleaner. :D
-Brushes, (with brush effects and such) text, touch up blurring, often other effects.

So. Hope that helps. Love that first and third one, Stef, BN, mitzi and katbug your icons are wonderful, it seems everyone gets better every day in here. Hormiga the second one's brilliant, and Kit you are offically among my favorite icon makers. (Love your own icon BTW) Awesome work!

lol deal, lilly. thats all really great advice but unfortunately it won't help me. i don't use photoshop so i don't have some of those options. damn! i'll eventually buy it though. oh well.

Aww, damn is right. Your icons and banners are brilliant anyway, I can't believe you can make them look so amazing without Photoshope (but only because I am deeply in love with my photoshop :lol:). (BTW: Love your banner! Snagged, but of course I won't use it anytime soon... :lol: And will credit if I ever do)

cainesugar said:
Yes, I am silly, but I'll settle- ours are equal. Fair? :lol:

Anyway I dunno how I got it clear, but my process usually goes like this (and will vary)

-Crop and re-size canvas to y x y (as in, if one side is 400 and one is 450, I make it 400x400)
-Color adjustment, replacement, saturation, ect ect.
-Sharpening and blurring (I will re-size it to see how it looks, undo, and adjust)
-Layering (color burns, multiples, soft light, ect)
-Lighting effects- this might be it. I'll usually do three spotlights, make one light up the whole picture, and the others specific areas. Adjust the brightness, and set to metallic instead of plastic, and shiny instead of matte. It seems to make it come out crisper and cleaner. :D
-Brushes, (with brush effects and such) text, touch up blurring, often other effects.

So. Hope that helps. Love that first and third one, Stef, BN, mitzi and katbug your icons are wonderful, it seems everyone gets better every day in here. Hormiga the second one's brilliant, and Kit you are offically among my favorite icon makers. (Love your own icon BTW) Awesome work!

oh geez....just when I thought I was getting somewehere with my photoshop....I don't even know what half of these things are! grumbles back to those &(*&(* tutorials!

Thanks! I love yours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back