CSI Icons #6: Showcase, Links and Requests

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CSI_Kat, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Great icons, everyone!

Posting mine from the latest icon challenge. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Great icons, everyone!

Here's my icons from the 'Pilot/Cool Change' CSI LV Icon challenge (ok, that was a mouthful)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

one more

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

This is my first icon. I don't know if it's too big or what. Let me know what you think. You can snagged if you want.

[​IMG]

4. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

NicknGrissom, cute icon! But it's a bit big for the boards here, the rules say the max size is 140x140. Yours is 160x147.

Posting mine from the Pilot/CoolChange Challenge!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the 140x140 which won third place :D

5. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

Egeria, I love that 140x140. XD It just rocks. Grats on 3rd place, too!

Just a couple of Greg/Eric icons I made a couple weeks ago..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Wow, Becka, they are awesome, I especially love the style of the first one. :D Great job. :D Well done.

7. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

Thanks Steph! Greg/Eric is so inspiring, how can anyone go wrong? (;

8. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Aw thanks! It was fun to make that one!

Your Greg icons are hawt!! :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, I tried this b/w with a splash of color thing. The first one made the shirt pink I guess cause it was a bluish grey normally which blends with the b/w. Anyway:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

GNRFan, that's a nice effect for that pic. :D I actually like the shirt being a little on the pink side. Mind if I make a suggestion though? When you "splash" his skin, you should include his arms where the sleeves expose them. But if you do that, you should take the colour down just a notch too, so it won't overpower the greyscale, since more area would be coloured in.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I tried coloring the arms, but it didn't look any different from the original picture then (cause there's a lot of greyish colors in the original picture lol). :lol: so, I deleted that one. As for taking the color down, I have no clue how to do that, unfortunately. I was just following a tutorial on the adding color to b/w thing. I'm a new Photoshop user. :lol: Before I was using PSP (bro lost the disc and I lost the program when my harddrive had to be reformatted :( and I didn't even know how to do this trick on PSP). I was actually trying to draw emphasis to his chest though. :lol: I only had to color the face because I messed up and got some color on his neck and when I tried to erase that, it didn't work. :lol: So, I just figured I'd color the whole face too rather than start over. :lol: I'm lazy.

12. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

Photoshop is such a pain in the rear end to learn! I took many college courses for it and still learn new things about it all the time, so don't worry, you're not alone. This isn't an easy affect to pull off anyway. :) I don't know which tutorial you're using, but I've found it's easiest not to add color, but to take it away.

Taking away colour makes it easier to get something like this. Well, I realize it's not the best example since you meant to only use one splash colour, but I didn't think of that till after I made this and I'm also lazy~
    [​IMG]

Well, it's kind of hard to explain, and I don't want to spam this thread with a makeshift tutorial, but I'd be happy to throw one together on LJ or in the tutorial thread or something if you'd like.

Anyway, I still like the pink shirt. ;) Keep using photoshop, you'll be buzzing around in it without a problem before you know it. (and then you can't be saved!)

13. GregNickRyanFan

That'd be cool. :) I don't have a book for photoshop because my cousin put it on the comp for me when he reformatted the harddrive and he doesn't have a book for it. :lol:

To make this a "legal" post, here's another icon:

[​IMG]

ETA: some Nicky icons:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

one more

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  14. fatalze

fatalze Rookie

:eek: That's really awesome.

I think I may need to snag that for future use. With credit, of course. I love the sky and ground being the only things coloured, and they're so soft looking.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Sure, snag away. :D Glad you like it. :)

I used a brush with the eraser on this one. :lol: I was sure I'd be able to, but it actually let me. It was hard getting around Nick and Sara though. I had to keep changing the brush size. :lol: I think I'm getting addicted to doing the b/w with partial color thing. :lol:

here are some of just Nick. I'll post some in the post above as well:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

one

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009