CSI Icons #6: Showcase, Links and Requests

From the winter/Christmas challenge:

StNick.jpg
fruitcake.jpg

dreaming.jpg

and the last one

And from the last 1v1 challenge

Susan

Blackflag, I especially like your 1v1 icon. Nice one! :)

These are mine from the Winter icon challenge.

wsantadoc.jpg
wise2.jpg
Winter.jpg

And the one that didn't get many votes. :lol: Could have been better, but I kind of like it.

Nice icons, Kristine. :)

Here's another Cath/Vartann. I just added text to one of my earlier ones. It says: "A legit reason to hold your hand at work". It just came to me when I looked at the pic again. :lol:

normal_10x10_Cath_012-1.gif

You all have done some awesome icons. I like Vartann and Cath, too. :)

When I was trying to do the text on my current avatar, I wanted it to be glittery, but when I put it on the picture, it downgraded the quality of the pic, giving it a kind of watercolor effect. This is how it came out:

Do you think it did this because the pic was not in HD, or is Photobucket just kind of glitchy?

Was the original picture a jpg or png? If it was a jpg, that might the problem. PNGs generally come out looking better than jpgs do.

PNGs are usually just clearer. Kind of like how an HD screencaps are clearer than a regular screencap.
I'm not really good at explaning it, but that's the best analogy I can think of. :lol:

Only thing is, PNGs take up more room, as they are bigger files. Thats why when I screencap something with VLC, I have it set to screencap in Jpgs, but when I use one of those caps for an icon, I always switch it to png either before or after I make it into an icon and before I upload it to photobucket.

OK, I have a question that I hope won't be too dumb, but can I make my avatar pic or the pic that it original came from into a png now. It sounds like I can, so how do I do it?

OK, I have a question that I hope won't be too dumb, but can I make my avatar pic or the pic that it original came from into a png now. It sounds like I can, so how do I do it?

All you have to do is open your picture in whatever program you are using and click save or save as and then when it comes up, use the down arrow and scroll until you see png format. Click on that and click save.

Back