CSI Icons #6: Showcase, Links and Requests

My 1 from the 1x1 challenge:

George4.jpg

And 2 more that I made but didn't enter. (Yes I had lots of trouble deciding what I wanted to do and then what one to enter! :lol:)

George.jpg
George1.jpg

Susan

Those are great, Susan. How do you put the black bars on there that separate the images? That's something I haven't figured out how to do yet. :lol: Do you just use the stroke function and just erase part of it?

Those are great, Susan. How do you put the black bars on there that separate the images? That's something I haven't figured out how to do yet. :lol: Do you just use the stroke function and just erase part of it?

I do them on a program called PrintMaster (this one happens to be PrintMaster Gold Version 18 but I also have a much older version.). I basically make a black (or any color) background, crop the pictures and put them on top of the background leaving space between them for the background to show through. The only problem with PrintMaster is everything is done on a full 8 1/2 by 11 page size so I then have to take it to someplace like Picnik.com crop out the unused part of the page and resize.

Sounds complicated but once you get used to doing it, it goes pretty fast. :lol:

Susan

I do them on a program called PrintMaster (this one happens to be PrintMaster Gold Version 18 but I also have a much older version.). I basically make a black (or any color) background, crop the pictures and put them on top of the background leaving space between them for the background to show through. The only problem with PrintMaster is everything is done on a full 8 1/2 by 11 page size so I then have to take it to someplace like Picnik.com crop out the unused part of the page and resize.

Sounds complicated but once you get used to doing it, it goes pretty fast. :lol:

Susan

I think used to have an old version of PrintMaster, but I got rid of it cause it was too old for this computer. :lol: But as for the size issue, that's basically how it is with Microsoft Picture It. If I make something in there (cause up until recently I didn't know how to add multiple pics onto one thing in Photoshop lol), I always have to resize it in PS or PSP. :lol:

I tried to do the effect with the stroke option for the middle pic in my current banner and it didn't work. :lol: So I had to draw lines on the sides of the middle pic with a brush. But of course it's a little crooked cause I can't draw very straight Lines with the mouse. :lol:

Last edited:
I haven't made any icons in such a long time! :lol: But here are mine from the Ladies Choice challenge.

cathll.jpg
cathgd1.jpg

Back