CSI Dark Motives Help Thread

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Guest, May 25, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I read back where someone was stuck at the end of the game, and could not question the suspect at the end. I have the same problem, and have "walked through" the game two times. Can't for the life of me see where I'm making a mistake, anyone offer a suggestion? Or, should I just blow up my PC?

2. Synergy

Synergy Lab Technician

Re: CSI Dark Motive problem

The walkthroughs aren't complete sometimes. Check back, maybe there was some questions you missed asking the suspect, maybe you missed a key piece of evidence?

3. shauni

shauni Prime Suspect

What's the case? I'm pretty sure that in the first one, Daredevil Disaster, there were a few actions that you had to do in a certain order, or you wouldn't be able to finish the case.
    If you think you talked to everyone and picked up all the evidence, then If I were you I'd try with another walkthrough paying atention to the order in the actions.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually on the first case. I tried it by myself, no luck. Then I used two different walkthroughs, both doing it in a different order, and was unable to talk to the female suspect near the end. So, you think this is a linear game, you must do things in a certain order? Gads, that's a bummer. Guess the only thing is to try once more..

5. shauni

shauni Prime Suspect

I beat the game myself a while ago without any problem, but it seems that this first case is a pain in the ass for many many people, it's some kind of bug. Since you're still in the first case, give it another try starting from zero. The whole game is pretty good, the cases get more and more interesting.
    I take thant you can't question Leslie Handleman, can you?

****SPOILERS FOR DARK MOTIVES*****
    In order to finish the case you should have 7 fingerprints, everytime you get a new one try to match it with the ones that you already had, even if you're sure they won't be a match. Compare each print with ALL the others. At the end, just before the end you should have 7. I guess you have the shear? Have you search on it for more fingerprints?

Anyway, now that I think about it, I know there's a patch for this game, maybe it will help you... to be tru I don't know what it fixes... It's available at ubisoft's web. Oh, and here you have a link for a pretty nice walkthrough, compare it what the others you tried. Walkthrough

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for all the info!! I have played through the game 4 times now. I'll go back again with your tips and see what I can do. If I get nowhere, I'll seek out a patch. You are so helpful, thanks again. I sure hope this works.!!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

For anyone with a problem talking to Leslie Handelman with the first case, I finally figured it out. For me, it was showing the re-assembled broken spring to Greg, then the Komawa cutter. That triggered him saying the cut on the spring was done by the Komawa. WHEW!! I had all the data, just didn't trigger the final conversation with Greg. Neither walkthrough explained this well.

8. shauni

shauni Prime Suspect

I'm glad you could do it! SOmetimes the smallest thing can have you stuck for days.
    For now on, remember to show good Grego everything. You'll see how interesting the rest of the game is, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it a lot.
    Oh, and take as a healthy habit to compare all the prints you have one to one, it will spare you some headaches.
    Good luck!

9. warricklover

warricklover Rookie

can anyone help me?? i'm having problems...with the very last case. i've got some things on walkthoughs...nothing helps. and Grissom keeps saying that he can't help me.

10. shauni

shauni Prime Suspect

At what point of the case are you? What do you have and what you can't do? Aneyway, there go some tips:

Make sure you try to match every firgerprint with all the rest, repeat this for all of them, even though you've already compared them.
    Give everything to Greg, even if you know he can't analyze it. Search every inch in each scene to make sure you found everything you should have found.
    Try the magnifying glass in every object in your inventory.

Can't think of anything else right now. Good luck

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, I am having a problem with the second case. I have two partial finger prints (one from the spray can the other from the two pieces of glass put together.) I know I have to combine them. I am trying to do this by bringing one up, and then dragging the other to the middle screen. This does not seem to be working...any ideas? Thanks!

12. shauni

shauni Prime Suspect

What you are doing should do the trick, so I don't know why it isn't working...
    Maybe you should try to do it in the opposite order of prints? Am I making any sense? :confused: I know for sure that this is the order that worked for me:

Double-Click on the "Partial Fingerprint (Assembled Bottle Print Fragment)"
    Combine it with the "Partial Fingerprint (Spray Can)"
    And you should have new evidence: Combined Fingerprint (Asylum and Gang Hangout)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks, I'll go ahead and try again.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Aaahhh, nice to find someone else who is having CSI Dark Motive problems. First case drove me batty, now the last case. I keep looking around the wood in the cage, but can't collect anything. Supposedly there is a small hair to collect...oh sure. Think I'll go watch CSI reruns, then tackle it again.

15. saraholic

saraholic Corpse

chreste, the hair is on a piece of driftwood in the back of the cage.