CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Leave Out All The Rest'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Look, there's a way for me to know that that's not the case with Lady Heather: Because that was the case with Terri Miller. I was sort of irked because I'e always been a GSR fan and I saw there was some chemistry between Terri and Grissom, and I saw in her all those things you insist on seeing in LH. In other words, I (for example) don't see any romantic connection between Grissom and LH, she's just annoying.

She hasn't done anything to prove it.

One woman has tried to sell her life and the other hasn't. One woman has contacts who get her out of trouble, the other one doesn't. One woman

No, she manipulates other people to get her out of trouble (like judges, lawyers, policemen, contacts of all kinds - including Grissom, the CSI)

SHE RAN AWAY FROM HER EX-HUSBAND JUST SO SHE COULD OPEN A DOMINION, AND HID THEIR DAUGHTER'S EXISTANCE FROM HIM!

Obviously not.

Too little too late.

I stand by my previous post. Heather was actively trying to take advantage of Grissom. I don't think anything happened between her and Grissom, but that's because Grissom didn't look horny, and probably Little Grissom was too derpressed as well.

Sara was in an altered state of mind at the moment (in fact, I was surprised that Grissom didn't go after her (like he should) the minute after she kissed him so randomly - and the minute after he read the letter. And...

Remember what I said before? At least Sara left a letter and contact info (e-mail and a video the 2nd time).

Because LH doesn't consider Grissom an important person in her life. For Grissom, on the other hand, any person he he has a conversation with for more than 2 minutes is a friend.

Was that going to bring her daughter back or something? And there were other ways to extract the killer's DNA, or she could have hired a private investigator if she was going to whip him to death (which honestly I supported her in). She didn't have to sleep with him (besides, it was tainted evidence, taken on account only because Grissom - her contact at the crime lab (see?) - pushed fot it to be).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This might clear things up for some, and not for some, but anyway I recieved an e-mail from DAVID RAMBO, the 3rd time he's gotten back to me on this episode "LOATR", asking him what's the deal with Grissom and LH, and why did you bring her back, and how is Grissom going to exit. I'm honored, thrilled and humbled that with his busy schedule and everything else he does, he takes the time to actually answer long time fans:thumbsup:He's my hero[​IMG]

Dear Linda
    Thank's very much for writing, and you personal good wishes to me [he just got married] I can tell you that William Petersen regards the Grissom/Lady Heather relationship as a complex and mutally satisfying one, but "THEY'RE NOT IN LOVE". The two actors enjoy working together as much as I think their characters do. Billy's upcoming episodes are really FINE I do hope you'll be watching.
    Sincerely yours,
    David Rambo

How cool is this?

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think what GSR fans need to get in their collective thick skulls is that Grissom is entitled to friendships with other women. Nick and Warrick once pointed out to Sara that she couldn't stand the sight of another woman within distance of Grissom. And not only does Sara feel that way, but GSR fans feel the same way to. Heck, I've gone to websites (looking for spoilers) and came upon pages where 'threats' to the GSR included Terri Miller, Lady Heather and Catherine Willows. Catherine-his colleague for crying out loud.

So, seriously, Grissom has an intimate relationship with Lady H but that does not constitute sexual intimacy. Maybe they did once, but the relationship fell apart.

HE WENT TO LADY H if y'all remember from the episode because he needed to escape from all that reminded him of Sara. And so what! They're friends. Good friends. I don't think they did anything. For all we know they read Dante's Divine Comedy and Grissom tried to figure out layer of hell he was in at the moment!

So relax people. Grissom's on a long and winding road to goodbye CSI.

And may the force be with him-and while he's leaving, he can take David Rambo and the GSR fans with him. Actually, I wouldnt' wish that on Grissom cause I love the guy-just not the GSR fandom!

4. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Yes he is. Gsr fans don't have collective thick skulls (and the insult is definitely not appreciated), and it doesn't say anything because Grissom and LH are not such good friends, at least going by normal people's standards or what a friendship is. They're acquaintances at most.

They pointed it out jokingly, and I haven't seen Sara getting too upset over Grissom and another woman within distance of him (or at least not too upset considering she's his girlfriend). And I agree with you that some GSR fans feel that way, but among the "other side" there are some crazies too. I've seen CSI boards that are against GSR and I've seen a lot of bad comments and stuff that makes me (and any rational person) go "huh?" so craziness and rationality are distributed in both parts of the fandom, and one can't and shouldn't make generalizations.

Well, Terri Miller was a threat to GSR indeed, LH... not a threat per se, maybe now she's an indirect threat (not all threats consist of women Grissom sleeps or would sleep with). You're right about Catherine, she's not a threat, but I think this has more to do with Grillows fans who are more openly attacking of GSR and (some of them) of GSR fans. So it's really a case of fandom confused with the tv facts.

I really doubt the "intimacy" part between Grissom and LH. Yes, TPTB has told us infinite times that LH and Grissom share "intimacy", but that word implies a lot of stuff that there isn't between them like trust, deep knowledge of each other, comfort that leads you to act naturally around the other person, honesty, etc... And let's not forget that LH is a person trained to make you believe she knows you and can read you when in fact, she doesn't know you and can't read you. And really, every episode of LH is stated or implied they haven't seen each other or communicated with each other since the episode before, so yeah, not really friends.

I agree with you that nothing of the sexual nature happened there (I think it has never happened. And the word "escape" is the key word. He went to her (maybe) because he knows she will be an enabler of his desire to escape - because that's what her job was and what her job is all about: allowing people to escape from their problems as opposed to face them and solve them. I f he wanted a real friend who gives good advice, he would have gone to a friend who gives good advice. If he wanted sex, he would have gone to the house where Happy Morales died or something. But he wanted what he wanted, and he got it in LH's house.

Yeah. Too long and too windy.

O.k...

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

It has nothing to do with anyone. The only people it has to do is themselves. People are responsible for what they do both online and IRL. I understand that people's feelings for somone or something may change due to a lot of reasons and you can't really help with that, but it is your own decision to choose to go verbal or not, or how to do it. There are (sorry for the lack of a better word) idiots in every single fandom regardless of which ship it is, and if you are willing to put yourself on the same level with them, then that's really not their problem, is it?

As for attacking, again, happens in every fandom. Just because you don't see it in yours, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It just means you're lucky for not seeing it. In the End, every fandom is just as wonderful as other fandoms, and as ugly as other fandoms as well.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Let's not throw around 'thick skull' accusations on either side. ;) Please keep things civil and comment on the episode or the review, but not the different shipping fandoms. Thanks.

My thoughts on this are somewhere in the middle...I do think Grissom and Lady Heather share a bond. She does seem to understand him and understood in this episode that he needed someone to interpret and vocalize his feelings. In "Art Imitates Life," we saw how much trouble Grissom is having with that--he talked about his own listlessness and depression through the feelings of his dog! Lady Heather is someone who forces Grissom to acknowledge what he's feeling. Grissom doesn't really open up to many people, so I don't think their bond should be underestimated.

That being said, I think it's obvious that for Grissom, Sara is The One. I think the show was headed there before they got together, and once they did (and especially with Petersen's exit so closely following Fox's), they went there 100%. I'm not trying to deny anyone the right to dislike that, or think it's a bad move--just stating how it's played out on screen.

7. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

x

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  8. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

Desert Wind, thank you for compliment and insight. I am honored. To Speedynickgirl, I sense you have a crush on George Eads. Well, I have to admit you have great taste.

Yes I am a rabid fan of CSI! I adore Grissom. He is a rare creature on the tube. To generalize that Grissom is like all men – they will sleep with anyone – SUCH A NOTION IS VERY VERY SAD.

I am not saying that Grissom has never been out with a woman. I believe that Sara is his fist and only relationship he ever had. In Pledging Mr. Johnson, Catherine had commented that Grissom would never have the chance of a relationship. My analysis is purely based on what I see on CSI. I try to be partial. I always try to support m statements with evidence from the show. And what never lies – The Evidence!!!

“Lady Heather faces adversity and rises above it” – In Season 7 Episode 23, we learn from her ex-husband that she suddenly left him without saying anything. And he never knew he had a daughter until he was informed that she was dead.

“She faces her problems….” – In Season 6 Episode 12, she took the law into her hands. She strapped her daughter’s killer to her SUV. Dressed in black leather outfit/matching boots and a whip to torture him – It looked like a S&M scenario. According to Brass, she escapes jail term because she knew the judge who is her client.

“What Lady Heather did. …What every mother would do” – Where I come from, we don’t sleep with out daughter’s killers. We slit their throat. In Season 6 Episode 15, Catherine says, “ She won’t sleep with him – she will kill him instead. Even Wendy asked Grissom, how could Lady Heather have sex with her daughter’s killer, to which Grissom shook his head in dismay.

“She is a strong woman, when OTHERS ARE’T” – it is sad that a woman like Lady Heather is hero worshipped – I am not judging her by her profession. Sara on the other hand is being looked down. Sara came from an abusive family. She lost her father when she was only 12. Her mother is serving life imprisonment for the murder. She grew up in a foster home. She worked her way throughout Harvard. She became a CSI 3 in a short time. She was a Victim of a serial killer. She had worked on most of the gruesome murders. Processed the most putrid bodies. Thank night in the desert she proved she was a strong willed person. Warrick commented that she was a tough cookie.

Catherine is a survivor. Catherine was a stripper. She went back to school, earned her Bachelor Degree. She worked her way to CSI 3 and now she is a Supervisor.

Lady Heather on the other hand has no future in any profession except the sex industry. Lady Heather teaches men how to beat their wives into stimulation in order to dominate them. As shows in a scene from Lady Heather’s Box, quote “ You can only dominate then if you can control them”

In Season 1 Episode 5, Grissom had commented that there were only 3 things that he had real problems with
    • Sexual Attacks on Children
    • The scum who deals drugs to children
    • GUYS WHO HIT THEIR WIVES.
    Sometimes it is easier to say goodbye in a letter than personally. First of all in Season 8, Sara left not because she was having problems with Grissom. She was fighting the “demon” in her. She did not want Grissom to be there when she disintegrated. Even Grissom finds it easier to express his feeling for Sara in a Letter.

“Lady Heather will not dump her problems…. Grissom gets himself involved in it” – We first saw Lady Heather in Season 2, when one of her employees was killed. In Season 3, two of her gigolos and her client’s wife were killed. In Season 6, her daughter was murdered and in Season 7 she offered herself to be killed. Oakley was a fool – he could have picked any hooker on the street withouth paying a single cent. Grissom did not involve himself in them. As a CSI, he is thrown into it.

Heather was partly responsible for her daughter’s death. She lodge a complain about the guy who was having relationship with her daughter. He lost his job. Her daughter quite Harvard and turned against her. I have a strong feeling that her daughter was ashamed of her. And that was why she mane her father (who she have never met) to be her child’s guardian.

Grissom and Sara are well suited. They work long hours together, even after shift they are together. Sara never makes a fuss, even if Grissom cancels their date the last moment, Unlike Terri Miller in Season 2, walked out of the restaurant just because Grissom answered his cell phone.

Both don’t clamor for the Vegas lifestyle. They just enjoy being at home.

In Season 7 Episode 22, Warrick had commented to Nick that maybe he should have married a CSI – who would understand his working hours. They are not the most romantic couple on TV. We don’t see them ripping their clothes off and tumbling into bed. In her letter to Grissom, Sara said that their lives tougher, was the only home she ever had. And he was her one and only.

In Scooby Suba Do – Grissom had commented that he did know what beauty was until he met Sara. In the same episode, while they were questioning possible suspects, the woman had said she dated Tommy because he is husband material. Sara had a sad look on her face. It was obvious that she thought of Grissom likewise. In Season 8 Episode 2, Grissom fondly remembers Sara sporting a ponytail when they first met. Just like any relationship they are going through turmoil. Nobody flushed down 9 years down the drain. They will try to work it out. In this case, I strongly believe they will.

I rest my case. I now leave it to the jury. :lol:

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Once agan m1304m I totally agree with all you've said, and so eloquently:thumbsup: I know you all probably know this but when they brough in Jorja Fox after Holly was shot, it was to be the screen character Grissom "Love interest"" with his approval and her's, so it was always going to be them as a couple and no one else, and it's never changed. Also it was discussed that Jorja/Sara was to be in anywhere from 4-6 episodes, so far she's already been in 3, so I would guess that on the next one although it might be in flashbacks, with psycho Natalie, nevertheless, if they show her that would be 4, and if she leaves with him that would make 5~

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

And this has what to do with the price of tea in China?

Top41-Yes you are right my 'thick skull' comment was out line-but the comment made about being told by a GSR fan that "I have a right to my opinion" really pixxxxx me off because it sounded rather condescending coming from a GSR fan. As if they hold the rank an file on opinions while the NonGSR fans should sit by and say nothing.

It almost reminds of George W. Bush mentality of 'you're either with us or you're against the country.

As for the episode-There are just some people who you feel comfortable talking about personal issues and for Grissom, Lady H is one of them.

11. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

OK, I have to say, I think Lady Heather is getting railroaded here.

I'm confused as to why it's OK for Catherine to have used her body for college money whilst Lady Heather is the scourge of womankind for doing similarly (she dominated those who wanted to be dominated, and allowed others to play out their fantasies of domination and submission). She got paid for this - it wasn't forced on anyone.

Do we know why she left her husband? Even if he never struck her, he could have been abusive. A lot of guys are without even realizing it and without ever being checked, even by their wives. Why? Because it's OK for men to be dominant. Why is it not OK for a woman to be? That's what Lady Heather railed against.

Also - I don't have time to memorize episodes and quotes and scene numbers, but I distinctly recall Catherine and Lady H getting along when they met. They are both strong women. In my eyes, there's little difference between them. Catherine is not apologietic for her stripper career, not even to her daughter, so you can't excuse her because she's repented. She just has what polite society deems is a legitimate career now. Well, so does Lady Heather. She's a liscensed psychologist, so there.

As for what she did to the man who killed her daughter - I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Do any of you have children? Come near my kids with even the intent to harm them, I'll strap on a pair of hooker boots, chain you to an SUV, and beat the :censored: out of you, too.

Two points I'd like to make about this. Firstly, Sara's a lovesick puppy. Of course she doesn't make a fuss. Leaving Grissom was one of the strongest things she ever did. Secondly, taking the phone call was rude. My husband doesn't answer his cell phone in a restaurant, and he's locked in for life with me. Why? It's rude - to me, to others in the restaurant.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Good response Jacqui! I couldn't have said it better myself.

What you said is true. :thumbsup: Lady Heather is a licensed psychologist now and has a 'legitmate' career and yet to some, she still is the scum of the earth.

Which reiterates my point, they don't like her because she is a 'threat' to GSR. Even though she isn't.

13. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Oh no, I don't mean "attacking" that way, I mean it as in critizicing or having arguments against GSR, or being opposed to GSR (obviously, unless one is into harems). And that's why I say it's a confusion between fandoms and what happens on the show, because Grissom's relationship with Catherine and feelings towards her are not mutually exclusive with Grissom's relationship with Sara and his feelings for her, but GSR and Grillows (the ships) are mutually exclusive and most times opposed to each other and that's why some GSR fans list Catherine s a "threat" for GSR even though she isn't.

About LH being railroaded: There are subtle differences between Cath and LH: Catherine needed the money, Heather wanted to get rich. Catherine got out of there as soon as she got the opportunity to do so, Heather retained her business as long as she could. Catherine didn't beat people, LH... I'm not saying these differences make Cath a better person than LH (or that they make LH not such a good person as Catherine), but they're objective reasons that make a lot of people be bothered by LH while they're not by Cath. Ah, and Cath is one of the main stars and LH is not.

But then again, it's not just about sex. The reason Heather is annoying and gets railroaded is because she's a charlatan, be it as a dominatrix or as a psychologist (I always saw her as more of a "tarot reader" type, go figure). IMHO, she strikes me as fake. She's not genuine at all, she's always hiding something (generally not something good) and it's tiring. And about her husband: not only it has never been stated or implied that he was an abusive husband, but in the 5 seconds that hot piece of :censored: was shown, he was portrayed as a very good man who suffered over LH's departure, takes great care of his granddaughter and was so generous of going with her to LH's (when he had all the right reasons not to do so). So until the opposite is stated, LH simply ran away from him because she wanted to.

And about Sara being a lovesick puppy: She has never made a fuss, but on the other hand, she has never been that dependant on Grissom. And it has been stated and shown that Grissom changed his working habits (for the best) since he and Sara got together, and the fact that their date got "canceled" implies that a) it was before they even made it to the date and b)he called her to tell her he couldn't make it to it, or he told her in person since it was implied they already lived together at that point. Chances are, when he's on a date with Sara, he puts off his cell phone. To me, the fact that he had his cellphone on on his dinner with Terri Miller tells me that a part of him wanted an excuse to get out of there (not because of Terri, but because of the situation).

Sara and Grissom are equally ankward about the "dating" situations and have more or less the same idea of what makes them feel comfortable and Sara appreciates being alone as much as Grissom does and that's why they understand each other very well in that aspect - they're on the same level (like Dr. House's theory: 3s marry 3s, 4s marry 4s...). And all the other ocassions she hasn't made a fuss - she hasn't made it, but she doesn't just stand there like a puppy crying or anything like that, she just goes on with her life.

14. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Did Heather say that? (Really, I'm asking, b/c I don't know.)

Lady Heather did what people paid her to do. So did Catherine. I don't see a difference.

I ask you to bear in mind that this is your take on the character. Firstly, Heather took off with her daughter for some reason. Women who are married to good, stable men don't just up and leave and take their children - who, particularly when infants, are expensive to raise - with them. Secondly, I don't think you can get a good read on anyone in five seconds, even if it is a TV show.

I don't mean to imply that Lady Heather is not flawed. Everyone has their flaws, and they're what make us human (both Lady Heather and Grissom would agree with me, I think :D). If I had to pick one out for Heather, I'd say she is unforgiving, willful, and distrustful (OK, that's three ;)). But here's where I get to my commentary: I've worked with and for enough women to have seen that the biggest critics of women are other women. Lady Heather doesn't fit the mold that "polite society" wants her to fit - she's not a suit-clad anal-retentive professional with a Lexus, two and a half kids, and a McMansion in the suburbs. I think that's really why she bothers a lot of people. She's a square peg that can't be fit into a round hole and that makes people uncomfortable. Discomfort leads to distrust. And really, that's a reflection of life, so while I disagree with you, I do give props to the writers and to Melinda Clarke for having created so real a character.

Now, I don't dislike Sara - in fact, you have to respect a woman who's been through so much adversity and is still standing on her own two feet. But I really like Lady Heather, too. She's really into her science. She's smart. She doesn't take people's crap, and she doesn't give anything of herself away.

Which is funny because hmm . . . who's that remind you of?

(I'll give you a clue: He's got a beard.)

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

This:

plus this:

really resonates IMO. It's funny how the same traits that are considered positive in men--dominant, strong, sexual, powerful--are spun as negative ones when applied to women--bitchy, heartless, slutty, emasculating. Men are hard on women, but I think women are even harder on each other. Heather is not easily pigeonholed and I think that's disconcerting for some.

Agreed. I really like Sara as a character, and I don't think it makes her weak that she's always been completely in love with Grissom, but she did spend a significant amount of time waiting for him to come around. And come around he did. He's stalled now, and her leaving was a strong thing to do--and the right thing. If they're meant to be, he'll come around, or find some way to make it work. Sara has always been chasing Grissom; it's his turn now, or it's not meant to be. Her recognizing that and acting on that is significant, and if they do end up back together (which I suspect they will), they'll end up stronger as a couple for it.