CSI: Crime City on Facebook

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Smokey, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Right...you have to get your coffee from your friends' machines.

You can play a lot without real money. It does take a while for the energy to build up, but I just make sure to use it all say in the morning when it's full....then later in the day....then when I get home at night. So basically, take advantage of it every time it's full.

To level up faster, when your energy is full be sure to spend some of it on evidence tiles. That makes your bonus bar go up, and then every time you find evidence or a collectable or whatever you get more XP for it.

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Once again a great help Smokey:thumbsup:

Now I need for some friends to join the game or I will never find a place to buy coffee...Too bad if no friends will play as most of real life friends does follow CSI franchinse(sp?):lol:

Just to be clear I am a "virgin" player and can´t for some Use the add friend button on the Game Screen. I can find the `CRIME city forum but then what?

But at some point in the game I HAVE to spend real life or not??

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  3. Smokey

Nope, not at all. :) You will always get more energy, it just takes some waiting time.

Another way to maximize your energy is to use your funding to improve your tools so they use less energy to search with.

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi All

First up: Thanks to Smokey for helping me out so much
    And thanks to all of you who is helping on Facebook.

Is it ok to "just" grab someones coffee or should I say something first?

5. Smokey

Yeah, you just grab it. :) You can get 4 cups a day, but I always try for more because you never know when they're going to change the rules on you! :lol:

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:scream::scream::scream::scream: I keep running out of energy ....Stupid game...

LOL....

Good thing I am a virgin Facebooker ..at least I can spend time changing the profil when I notice new features..:lol:

But as for the game
    1. Do I have to "sweep" the whole floor on each scene? = 100 %
    2. Is it smart to sweep normal tiles first and bonus tiles or does that matter?

7. Smokey

Don't worry. Each time you level up you get a higher "maximum energy". :) That helps!

You do not have to sweep the entire floor each scene, BUT for sweeping it 100% you get 250 XP which helps you level up faster. I always go back and finish scenes while I'm waiting for evidence to process. One tip...sweep all of the scenes before turning in the case, because you can't go back to sweep them. If you go back to a closed case you have to play the whole case over again.

The best thing to do is to clear the evidence tiles first. They cost more energy, but it makes you bonus bar go up so then when you clear the regular tiles they are worth more XP. For example, if your bonus bar is at 50% full, then when you clear a regular tile you will get 15 XP instead of 10. So use about half of your energy on the evidence tiles and the rest on the regular to get the most XP.

8. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Tonight has been a bear; gets to 100% prep work, yet nothing happens. no linking possible. Meh, no problem. Shiuite happens

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

It might seem odd but what is the bonus bar for ?? It add points to your tile findings and ???

The more point on tiles finding the point for level raise. Got it.:thumbsup:
    So as you "said" I start out with 62 energy on evidence tiles and use the rest on "normal" tiles.
    You said: you sweep "old" floors while waiting for evidence proces. So find all evidence on one floor or just one piece and then sweep old floors?
    And I have start 3 cases at a time. That now seems like a really really bad idea. But - hey - it´s gone be a steep learning curve.:lol:

10. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I don't know what this says about me, but I find the little dead people with the X's for eyes so frickin' awesome. I want a plushie of a little dead person. Hm... I think I have issues... :lol:

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, but if your bonus bar is at a100% and you find evidence you get double the points.

So if it's 100 exp points once you find the evidence then you get 100 more points :)

If your bonus bar is at 85% and you get evidence you get 85 more points so 185.

However, that's hard to do when you're a newbie. :(

12. Smokey

I didn't actually mean evidence tiles where the scene evidence is, 'cause you don't know where those are to clear them. :) I mean the tiles with blood or prints or whatever. Clear some of those off first to raise the bonus bar, then clear the blank tiles so they are worth more. :)

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I know what you meant. :)

I was talking about when you find a piece of evidence.

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

How does this sound?

I sweep for 60 % energy on trace or blood tiles. 60 % on regular tiles. IF a floor is without trace tiles due to previous sweeps I leave until I have enough bonus bar to make a difference. Use coffee and stuff to finish the job.

But if all evidence or trace tiles are spend then I start up new case to get bonus or what ?

So start of new cases allways helps sweep last case?

Just went back to an "old" crimescene and completed sweeping. I didn´t get a 250 xp so what did I do wrong?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Check every tile, you missed one. That's happened to me. Its usually hiding under or behind something. You'll find it. :lol: