CSI: Crime City on Facebook

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Smokey, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I know several of you on my Facebook friends list are playing this new game. Anyone else? Anyone have any feedback, questions, helpful hints?

So far it's in the beta stage, so bugs are to be expected, but I'm really liking it. There is obviously an issue with running out of energy, but I expect they'll change that because of all the complaints about it. I also think they should tweak it to be a bit more like the computer games when you are searching for evidence. Just randomly finding a tile with evidence isn't nearly as fun as actually clicking on a desk drawer or a cell phone or a footprint or whatever.

And I think the characters are pretty cute. :)

[​IMG] Click for a larger pic.

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I haven't done anything with this game yet but if I run out of things to do I may have a look see :) but what I do find interesting is in my season 10 DVD I got a notice about this game. It's good to see something new on Facebook.

3. Smokey

Yes, I used my Season 10 DVD insert to get my 5000 in funding on the game. :) Things are very expensive there tho! Most of the lab equipment is 8000 and up.

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Like I wasn't multi-tasking enough tonight.. the cuteness of the characters drew me in.

I agree, clicking squares isn't very exciting. Neither is trying to find that one pixel that's clickable without any hints though (in other games like this). They need to find some happy medium.

5. Smokey

Be sure to post feedback on stuff since they are still developing it and can make changes. :)

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I noticed they give clues now...about time. Still need to gain energy better.

7. Smokey

Yeah, the energy thing still sucks. I see they added a "customize your agent" option, although it doesn't work yet. But the posting milestones to your profile works now, eh? ;)

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

There's a CSI game on FB????? Crap, now I really will be spending all of my time there.

:goes to check it out:

9. Dizzney

Well I want to know if we will be able to change the gender of our avatar because I accidentally selected a guy. I was thinking it was Nick and Sara we were picking at first, so I thought I was picking Nick only to find out it is supposed to be me. :lol:

10. Smokey

:guffaw:

Well, they have a "customize your agent" option (that doesn't work yet), so you can probably change it sometime in the future. :)

11. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

Ha! Those were pretty much my thoughts exactly when I saw the thread title. Then I saw the character pictures and I'm like "Oh neat, it's a Greg Sanders zwinky!!!".

I'm afraid of getting sucked into it, I just got over my rather unhealthy attachment to Pet Society. I think I might haunt this thread and live vicariously through you guys :D

12. Smokey

Okay...I love how the little characters look so much like the real thing. :lol: And the dialogue is good too. But somehow...somewhere...out of the blue in the case, "Bar None", there was this...and it just about killed me! :guffaw:

Nick asks the guy in the gym if he ever had a problem with fungi, and the guy says, "Fun guys? I don't know what you're talking about. I don't swing that way." :guffaw::guffaw:

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I haven't gotten there yet (so stop saying I'm fast! :p).. something to look forward to! :lol:

My main problem with the game is that I spend so long doing other things waiting for energy to regen that by the time I get through a case, I've forgotten what the thing was about in the first place.. :rolleyes:

14. Smokey

You've moved up two levels since I said you were fast! I think that qualifies you as fast. :p

I agree...sometimes I don't pay attention to the facts of the case. I'm just concentrating on getting XP. :lol:

15. Dizzney

Oh, I am on that case but can't get to the next scene until I gain more energy. I hate that they made that it takes longer to gain energy. Ugh!:shifty: