CSI Books #2

Hello, I'm new to the boards and I've been looking around the different forums and since I love to read as much as I love to write, I thought I would check this out. Could anyone recommend to a newbie the CSI novels (Las Vegas) that you particularly liked? Are there any novels that feature Nick in them more than others. (Yeah, I'm a little taken with Nick! LOL)

Hello, considering my next csi novel purchage. I want a csi miami novel, but am really into the charater 'ryan wolfe'. Am I right in assuming that the first novel he appears in is 'cult following' and not 'florida getaway' or 'heat wave'. And are there any of the csi miami books that you particually reccomend for having good moments or insights into his charater?
Harm for the holidays part two: heart attack is an EXCELLENT novel to read for ryan wolfe.

I have many CSI books which i have read.
Brass in Pocket
Nevada Rose
Binding Ties
Grave Matters
My favourite has to be Nevada Rose becuase it's very interesting and has a twisting plot which kept me hooked on every page I could not put it down. I loved it.

I am still waiting on the library to send the latest one, but I've seen the others.

I'm still hoping the library I work at will let go of Cold Burn...I love the early-stage GSR.

I personally have 3 of 4 NY (I never got Deluge),three or four LV and like 3 Miami, along with the Ultimate Guide. I'm still contemplating the other book...the newest guidebook. The older one I'm not as keen on because it's only seasons 1-3...if they ever update it, though, I'm in.

OK I figured it out. Some of the stuff in that last guidebook is indeed reprints of magazine pages. However, the Ray stuff and some other stuff is new.

Is there another CSI: Vegas book coming out any time soon?

The Simon & Schuster catalog doesn't show anything.

Has the novel line finally died?

Is there another CSI: Vegas book coming out any time soon?

The Simon & Schuster catalog doesn't show anything.

Has the novel line finally died?

I don't know what your last book was but according to Amazon, the last CSI book was published last June. The book was called The Burning Season and it was by Jeff Mariotte.

I hope they do a couple of books with D.B and the two new women.

The only drawback to books in any of the shows is the fact that canon can change things and make elements no longer fit. Like Mac visiting Claire's grave in one book and then later it was said onscreen that the body wasn't found.(my explanation is it was a symbolic grave, and he didn't think it would mean much to Reed when he asked about it.) and Mac recalling 9/11 and saying he never got in touch with Claire, though we now know he did talk to her and got cut off.

Even so, I wish they hadn't stopped the NY ones, I'd like to see some with Jo. It always seems to get the short end of things, given that the Miami novels went on longer. I wonder why the NY novels didn't sell as well. (which we can assume is why they aren't printing them now.)

Just wondering if anyone here has read the Miami books. Are they worth my time and money to buy? :)

Well, some I like and some I don't. I personally would go for the Donn Cortez ones, because the characters seem much closer to how they should be. I like all his, but particularly 'Harm for the Holidays - Misgivings' which is a Christmas one (you have to be in the mood) and has a lot of humor in it.

Well, some I like and some I don't. I personally would go for the Donn Cortez ones, because the characters seem much closer to how they should be. I like all his, but particularly 'Harm for the Holidays - Misgivings' which is a Christmas one (you have to be in the mood) and has a lot of humor in it.

Thanks, daisymay. Do you know how many Mr. Cortez wrote? Are they in any particular order to read (an ongoing series, maybe)?

It's a little while since I read them, but I recall them being 'stand alone', so order not very important. Except 'Harm for the Holidays' which has a Part 1 (Misgivings) and a Part 2. I think he's written 5 for Miami. My complaint about the other Miami books is, that while there's nothing wrong with the plots, the characters could be anyone. In fact, they go seriously OUT of character on occasions. Mr Cortez obviously watches the series.

Back