CSI Books #2

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Jacquie, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

Hello, I'm new to the boards and I've been looking around the different forums and since I love to read as much as I love to write, I thought I would check this out. Could anyone recommend to a newbie the CSI novels (Las Vegas) that you particularly liked? Are there any novels that feature Nick in them more than others. (Yeah, I'm a little taken with Nick! LOL)

2. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

Harm for the holidays part two: heart attack is an EXCELLENT novel to read for ryan wolfe.

3. lukeace

lukeace Victim

I have many CSI books which i have read.
    Brass in Pocket
    Nevada Rose
    Binding Ties
    Grave Matters
    My favourite has to be Nevada Rose becuase it's very interesting and has a twisting plot which kept me hooked on every page I could not put it down. I loved it.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I am still waiting on the library to send the latest one, but I've seen the others.

I'm still hoping the library I work at will let go of Cold Burn...I love the early-stage GSR.

I personally have 3 of 4 NY (I never got Deluge),three or four LV and like 3 Miami, along with the Ultimate Guide. I'm still contemplating the other book...the newest guidebook. The older one I'm not as keen on because it's only seasons 1-3...if they ever update it, though, I'm in.

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I have all of the Miami books, if anyone wants them let me know I'll send them to you as I am done with them. Send me a PM.

6. MacsGirlMel

OK I figured it out. Some of the stuff in that last guidebook is indeed reprints of magazine pages. However, the Ray stuff and some other stuff is new.

7. LocardPrinciple

LocardPrinciple Hit and Run

Is there another CSI: Vegas book coming out any time soon?

The Simon & Schuster catalog doesn't show anything.

Has the novel line finally died?

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I don't know what your last book was but according to Amazon, the last CSI book was published last June. The book was called The Burning Season and it was by Jeff Mariotte.

9. MacsGirlMel

I hope they do a couple of books with D.B and the two new women.

The only drawback to books in any of the shows is the fact that canon can change things and make elements no longer fit. Like Mac visiting Claire's grave in one book and then later it was said onscreen that the body wasn't found.(my explanation is it was a symbolic grave, and he didn't think it would mean much to Reed when he asked about it.) and Mac recalling 9/11 and saying he never got in touch with Claire, though we now know he did talk to her and got cut off.

Even so, I wish they hadn't stopped the NY ones, I'd like to see some with Jo. It always seems to get the short end of things, given that the Miami novels went on longer. I wonder why the NY novels didn't sell as well. (which we can assume is why they aren't printing them now.)

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Just wondering if anyone here has read the Miami books. Are they worth my time and money to buy? :)

11. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, some I like and some I don't. I personally would go for the Donn Cortez ones, because the characters seem much closer to how they should be. I like all his, but particularly 'Harm for the Holidays - Misgivings' which is a Christmas one (you have to be in the mood) and has a lot of humor in it.

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Thanks, daisymay. Do you know how many Mr. Cortez wrote? Are they in any particular order to read (an ongoing series, maybe)?

13. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

It's a little while since I read them, but I recall them being 'stand alone', so order not very important. Except 'Harm for the Holidays' which has a Part 1 (Misgivings) and a Part 2. I think he's written 5 for Miami. My complaint about the other Miami books is, that while there's nothing wrong with the plots, the characters could be anyone. In fact, they go seriously OUT of character on occasions. Mr Cortez obviously watches the series.