CSI Books #2

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Jacquie, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Since the old thread was started a few years ago :D I'll start a new thread to discuss books for all three CSI series.

2. LocardPrinciple

LocardPrinciple Hit and Run

Nice to see the new thread, might post in here more often.

Just one thing though, can we have a list of all the books as the merchandise thread is about two years out of date.

3. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

mhm good to see this thread :)

but i have interest in one book.

CSI:NY novel 'Four Walls'
    is there any possibility to get it if i'm not american?

i feel very disappointed in my country's taste in books so i always check out central library for books in english but for my bad luck they still don't has any CSI novel. it makes me sad cause they have lot of good books.

maybe i even start to make complaints to library :)

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I don't know where you are located but have you tried Amazon. If you're looking for books in English Amazon (dot) com might be you best bet. It's the US site of Amazon. I did check and Amazon does have the book available.

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I am in Latvia, if that tells you something.

yep I tried but i have no idea how much it'd cost for me. i'm afraid my mom would kill me if i'd be that stupid and just ordered without asking...

but i want to get used copy so it should be much cheeper :)

6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Poking around a bit, it looks like it would cost about €15 (about US$20) to order from Amazon. Delivery could take up to 26 days from the US. You could also look at Amazon's German or British sites, for possibly shorter delivery times (compare the prices though, the US site seems fairly reasonable despite the longer delivery).

Either way, you should probably talk about it with your mom first if she might have a problem with it. :)

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

well thanks anyways:)

i believe i'll find a way to get that book no matter it'll cost to me :lol:

i could even get used copy but i'm afraid i wont be patient enough to wait for it:guffaw:

anyways that price seems quite reasonable. i'll peek around for other options :)

8. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I started reading my first CSI novel(CSI:NY's Deluge) two days agoand I have to admit that it is better than I was expecting.The funny thing is that it cost only 1.50 euros as it came as a gift with a local newspaper.

9. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

Hello, considering my next csi novel purchage. I want a csi miami novel, but am really into the charater 'ryan wolfe'. Am I right in assuming that the first novel he appears in is 'cult following' and not 'florida getaway' or 'heat wave'. And are there any of the csi miami books that you particually reccomend for having good moments or insights into his charater?

10. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

This is a quick recommendation for a non-fiction book. It's called 'Investigating CSI' and it's a bunch of essays about all 3 CSI series. E.g. (Essay titles) 'The Reality of CSI Miami' -written by a real Miami CSI, 'IQ, EQ, and SQ' - this is a beauty, comparing Gil, H and Mac, 'CSI-Generation Juries' - how real juries are affected by what they see on CSI. It's not all entirely complimentary, but very interesting.

'Investigating CSI', editor Donn Cortez, Benbella Books.

11. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I don't know if your still looking to get Four Walls, I mean if you've got it now ignore this. But if you haven't I would be willing to sell you my copy, I have Four Walls and I've read it I think or half of it not sure, but I wouldn't mind selling it to you whether I'd read or not. If you're still interested in the book. I could easily get myself another copy so I don't mind. Offers there if you want it.

Anyway I think I have 4 of the CSI NY books, not sure will have to check, and I have at least one CSI Miami book and about 3 CSI books. I'm planning to check whether there are anymore CSI NY books, I often check in Waterstones or WHSmiths for any and I check the Waterstones website as well. But I love reading and I love reading the CSI books.

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Victim

Hi! I can't resist pointing out that my new CSI novel, Shock Treatment, is now on sale.

I'm curious to hear what people think of it.

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm actually currently reading it. So far so good but not too far into it.

14. LocardPrinciple

LocardPrinciple Hit and Run

The CSI:NY and CSI: Miami books didn't sell that well. There are only 4 New York novels, 8 Miami novels, and currently I think 17 Vegas novels. I have all but 1 Miami and 3 Vegas.

15. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Don't know if this is quite the right thread for this, but it's by way of a warning. Amazon (maybe others) is advertising a book called 'David Caruso'. It's expensive and probably printed to order. Beware - it is not a biography of the man - which I'd dearly love to see - but a collection of Wiki articles, which are, of course, free. I have not seen this 'book' but they did a similar thing with Clint Eastwood a while back and charged about $70 for it! Very close to being a scam, I feel.