CSI: autographs advice and how to be successful

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

And I'm back. ^^ I recently wrote to Gonzalo Menendez again (4-2-09) after seeing the movie 12 rounds. Today, I got my pic back signed. He also included another note as well as adding a little p.s. to the folder i had sent to keep the pic from getting bent. I've got them uploaded to my site.

Also got another Marg Helgenberger standard SFM preprint... since i already had one i'm not gonna rescan it and add it to my site...

2. Fan123

Fan123 Hit and Run

I wrote to Carmine at his music/tee shirt address and rec'd a prompt response.
    Carmine Giovinazzo
    Ceesau.com
    PO Box 20669
    Staten Island NY 10302

3. u2005t

u2005t Victim

Hey guys! I'm so happy, finally got a nice 8x10 signed by Billy Petersen. I sent the picture in the beginning of Sept. and got it back last week. I put a sticky note on the picture and he signed exactly what I asked for. I must have been a little short on return postage, because there was extra put on the return envelope. I was just a little disappointed because I did write on the original and return envelope "Picture, please do not bend" and when I got it back the envelope/picture was creased in half. :( Oh well, I'm still super happy. Good luck to everyone else on their autograph hunts!!!! :)

4. makkem

makkem Hit and Run

Glad to hear to got a reply from Miss Kanakaredes, Wolfsong. I've written in Dec 08 & Jan 09 (from the UK), enclosed a sae & international reply coupon & am still (patiently) waiting.

5. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

Good luck. I know i didn't have much luck till i had sent a photo but then again that was me...

Anyways, back to why i'm posting here again.

Today, I got my two pictures back from jorja fox signed in my sase. I also had another envelope with another pic of her which was different from the other. Not sure why she didnt just add it in with the other envelope but it was nice. I've just uploaded them to my site.... I had written her on 7-3-08 and got it back today 5-26-09.

6. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

Funny, I had given up on hearing back from my first request to A.J. Buckley. I had written him originally just sendint a letter and sase asking for an autograph on 4-17-08. Today, 5-30-09 there it was in my mailbox.

I even got a birthday wish, which while late was still within the month...

Just scanned and added it to my site

7. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

*grins* I'm back. Today, I got a trading card signed by Archie Kao aka Archie Johnson on CSI. I had written to him on 3-19-08 and sent just a letter and a sase and today, 7-21-09, i got it back. It took a while but worth the wait.

8. cherryade

cherryade Civilian

Hey all,

Does anyone have an upto date address for the NY Cast, esp Melina. Been a fan of her for years now, strolled accross to this website and yay my chance to get her scribble lol!

Any help would great

xx :bolian:

9. makkem

makkem Hit and Run

Cherryade,
    I wpuldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply if you write to the cast members. I've tried three different addresses for Melina & two for Eve la Rue (CSI:Miami). I last wrote off requesting a signed piccie from both of them in Jan 2009, & am still waiting (patiently) for a reply.

10. Lee4892

Lee4892 Victim

Hiya,

Well currently I've received signed photos from Carmine, AJ and Robert Joy (Who sent a very lovely little note and even sent the script for 4X01 :):) Still waiting to hear from the others! *fingers and toes are crossed*

We currently have all cast member address available on my board to our roleplaying members. Anythime I add the link tho (even to the CSI:NY website forum :confused:) I get kicked off and have to re-join. So not tempting fate. You can search for us under CSI:NY Roleplaying Community. We are part of the Mulitply websites or you can email me at my address. It should be on my profile. Address are only available to active members tho!

11. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

I have heard that Melina will sign if you send photos. I know i didn't hear back from her until i sent some. Only tried Eva La Rue once.

I'm still trying to find an address for David Lee Smith that works. I would love to have his address. *sighs*

12. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Question: Does Billy sign his own stuff or do they do the mass produced secretary signed stuff? Just curious cos I had written in to CBS earlier (in February) with a request to meet up with Billy at the July 12th performance of Blackbird (which I went to) and ended up with an insanely gorgeous signed picture of Mr. Gorgeous....just wondering how legit it is :) It's in a frame in my room, regardless :)

Wolfsong: congrats on your successes! I wish I were as lucky as you, all that celebrity attention ;) heehee

13. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

What exactly do they mean by send a self addressed envelope and how do you do that? Dumb question I know, but I've never done this before.

14. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I always send an envelope within the envelope....LOL Grab an extra envelope (separate from the one you're sending your autograph request in) and put your address on it, along w/ postage, and include it with your request. That way the person you want the autograph from won't have to go the extra mile to get the stamps & envelope, etc. It increases your chances of receiving a response. Good luck :)

I know, that response totally sucked but it's 9:52pm here and I've been working on my Crim exam all day....my brain is shot!

15. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

Basically, a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) is an envelope that you address to yourself along with postage already placed on it. I tend to put my address in the return address section as well that way if somethign happens there's a chance that you will still get it. Every once in a while the celeb will scribble it out and put a return address that's different but from experience it's rare that i've had that done.

hope that answered your questions.

Personally, I like to use 10 X 13 envelopes. With teh SASE, i tend to fold it in half and tuck the letter (and photos) between the flap and the rest of the folded envelope. Then i'll slip it in the other envelope, also an 10 x 13 and seal it.

and though its not csi i'm still thrilled abotu my most recent success... *grins* Still can't believe it

And back to csi, i'm jsut sent a letter off to David Lee Smith *crosses fingers* Testing an address. Wish me luck.

Thanks. As far as Billy Petersen, i think he signs stuff if you send him a picture. I had written him and got them both back signed. (they're page 4 on my actor autograph album). Since they are the pics i sent i knwo that they weren't mass produced. don't know if he sends out preprints without being sent a photo though becuase i havent' tried not sending him a pic and the one time i wrote him i sent both pics at the same time.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009