Cross-Jurisdiction or MIA/NYC Nonstop?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by lane, Jun 30, 2006.

1. lane

lane Police Officer

Lol-he's a redhead, what do you expect? And isn't NY supposed to be a little dark and depressing? On the bright side, it got brighter in S2.
    MIA/NYC is a good episode too, we get to see Danny without his glasses.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I guess I'd pick CJ. There was so much in it! Tho characters have changed a bit. H was "head of the Crime Unit", Speed was introduced somehow "silly" and Calleigh was this nevergoingtostoptalkingblondestereotype. Eric was like a little boy. I'm glad they changed a bit.

DC and MH were just awesome together. As I say, the best chemistry in CSI (all three) history.

MIA/NYC - NONSTOP Some wonderful lines by Mac and H (e.g when H first time appears in NY in the crime scene), the colouring they had done. Mac in dark light and H in bit sunny, still Miamish light. And H wearing The Coat.
    Danny without glasses is not The Real Hotness :rolleyes: Sometimes it looks like he is totally different person :lol:

3. idee

idee Rookie

MIA/NYC Nonstop! For sure!

4. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

CJ, for sure. However , I've always wondered why Gris never travelled to Miami or to New York.

5. Caramelchan

Caramelchan Police Officer

Cross Jurisdictions, for sure.
    I loved it because it was really funny!
    Like when Calleigh met Catherine and Calleigh was like "Duquesne, dont ask how to spell it..."
    And thoughout the whole conversation Horatio was just laughing haha.

6. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

MIA/NYC Nonstop - I used to watch Miami nonstop but then I just fell out of it. I like the contrast in colors between Miami and New York. Someone else pointed this out, but the scene where Horatio and Mac meet in the apartment was all dark blue and weird, but whenever the camera landed on H, it was orange-y and Miami. And I don't think it was just his red hair either!

Hawkes and Danny also had different appearances - Hawkes' hair was slicked down and long and Danny - glasses = still hot! :cool:

7. messinwithmesser

messinwithmesser Lab Technician

it's got to be MIA/NYC Nonstop for me... :cool:

8. orgasmicbilly

orgasmicbilly Lab Technician

woooohooooo for cross overs!!!

i think i prefere the first crossover of ny/miami i dont know why

i think that was out just before ny came out with its own series so im not sure!!

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I pick Cross-Jurisdictions. Mainly because I've memorized that episode, but I loved it. It was so...CSI. I would really like another CSI/CSI:Miami crossover, though it'll probably never happen. The CSI cast didn't like crossovers the first time, and they probably wouldn't again. :rolleyes: Babies. Like suck it up, they're still on top.

10. melbel

melbel Pathologist

CJ defino

11. RIPTimSpeedle

RIPTimSpeedle Witness

I think Cross-Jurisdiction was better than Nonstop as the characters seemed to gel better with each other and their was almost something between Catherine an H. It would of been funny to see if Gil Grissom had of gone over to Miami. I wonder how Grissom and H would of been.

12. JimJiminy81

JimJiminy81 Victim

This is part of my reason for choosing Nonstop over CJ. I understand that Petersen was vocal in his opposition to there being a spin-off (whether he flat-out refused to be on-screen with the Miami cast I've never seen confirmed, so I'll leave that to one side), and I think that the lack of his presence kind of hurt the Miami show in a way. While the chemistry between Horatio and Catherine was great (always making me want another Miami/LV crossover when I re-watch the ep), Horatio's presence with the NY leading man validated the show from the off. There was a more noticeable passing of the torch, if you will, which CJ lacked. Grissom's great presence - and the more even balance between the Vegas and Miami wings of the investigation smacks of a script trying too hard to appease the original show, whereas Miami gave over it's last 30-odd minutes to the spin-off, and it was to New York's advantage.

So, yes, at the end of that rant, MIA/NYC: Nonstop wins out. :)

13. Horatios_Shades

Horatios_Shades Prime Suspect

I have to go for MIA/NYC non-stop. I thought the characters worked well together, which showed when their paths crossed again in the recent MM/FF crossover this season. The contrast between the 2 locations was great and that really helped set the tone of where CSINY was coming from. You pretty much knew after you'd seen that that it was going to be grittier than Miami. I did like CJ too, but i saw that way after it was first broadcast as I came into LV late in the game. Although i liked the H/Cath relationship I really would have liked to see Gris in there, I think it would have been great to see him and H together, with them being so different. For me, that is why MIA/NYC is (marginally) better - you've got H and Mac, the 2 guys in charge, and like jimjiminy81 said, it's an acknowledgment, passing the torch! :cool:

14. whaness

whaness Victim

Actually I like Cross-Jurisdiction much as it included my favourite Las Vegas~