Cross-Jurisdiction or MIA/NYC Nonstop?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by lane, Jun 30, 2006.

1. lane

lane Police Officer

Choose only between two eps which spawned the new ones.

I prefer CJ overall, because it showed all of the characters in a light mood, and they showed Speed as a surfer-dude kind of guy. Plus, there were tons of Cath/Horatio in CJ.

I like MIA/NYC Nonstop too. The ending was apt and very nice. Oh, and Horatio in an overcoat-priceless, I tell you.

2. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Cross Jurisdiction because we met Horatio, and thus my love affair with CSI:Miami.

3. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Cross Jurisdictions, hands down. It was a great ep and the fact that it was the intro of Miami just make it even better! :D
    I found MIA/NYC Nonstop quite boring (like the whole CSI NY, don't ask me why, I just can't watch an ep without falling asleep after ten minutes :(), bacause IMO they should have sent someone else from Miami in NY with H.

4. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

Cross-Jurisdiction was substantially better as the another episode.

NY together with MIA is really great !

Horatio and Catherine are so a nice pair.

And CJ was more excitingly and more interesting... ;)

5. SecretSophie

SecretSophie Hit and Run

I like both, but Cross Jurisdictions had a better plotline then Miami/NY nonstop. The only downside both is that they tried to cram in all the characters from both shows, so it turned out somewhat overcrowded, and some characters got better intros then others.

6. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Sorry ya I'm gonna pick one that hasn't been mentioned. I got hooked watching FF/MM. I loved that crossover. Loved the compassion H showed plus Mac. WOW!!!!! is all I can say for both men. Since then I've seen CJ & MIA/NY Non-Stop. Like those also but have to go with what I saw first.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think lane left out the Miami/NY mid-season crossover because it wasn't the lead-in for a new show. ;) I liked that one as well, but of the two show-starters...hmm, let's see.

I liked them both, but I have a little beef against the MIA/NY Nonstop because there wasn't enough of the NY crew. :lol: True, it was technically a Miami episode, but I still felt like the NY team was barely there. If I hadn't started watching NY when it came on, I could easily have dismissed it from what I saw in the crossover. MIA/NY Nonstop was all about H with everyone else in the background, of course, since he was the only member of the Miami team that went, but the NY characters all seemed a little bit too much like stereotypical-New Yorkers IMO--is it just me or did they all have a bit too much attitude or something? *can't quite put her finger on it* Maybe it's because they were trying to leave an impact with limited screentime, but...

Cross Jurisdictions was a good episode though. I liked how Catherine was a little bit "WTF?" about Horatio. :lol:

8. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I actually prefer the second Miami/NY crossover, "Manhattan Manhunt."

But if I had to choose between the choices provided, I liked "Cross-Jurisdictions" better.

That's one of the reasons why I liked it. XD

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Concurred with many! I loved "Cross-Jurisdictions" just... because it was awesome. "MIA/NYC Non-stop" was lovely, but too Miami oriented for my tastes. I loves me some New York men. xD *dork*

But as a couple above me have mentioned, I loved "Manhattan Manhunt" Grawr, it was good. xD

10. Star4CatESPChick

Star4CatESPChick Police Officer

I liked them both, but Cross-Jurisdictions is better. I love the quotes 'only way to outrun a gator is to swim faster than the guy next to you' and something about Horatio prefering to swab the honey off the girl at that Miami club (I forget how it went). I also loved the scene with Nick and Sara talking about swingers' parties while processing a champagne or wine bottle.

11. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Okay sorry ya for not actually picking but as I stated above just got hooked mid 4th season when I watched FF/MM. After buying the CSIM dvds and watching CJ& MIA/NY/ NS, it's hard to say which one i liked best. I liked CJ since it started CSIM but also MIA/Ny since i t started the NY show. Both had their pros & cons.

12. lane

lane Police Officer

I didn't enter MM/FF because it didn't produce another spin-off, like faylinn said.

I started watching Miami in Season 2 and I have to say, after watching CJ that Speedle really did undergo tons of changes. He became more goth-looking instead of the happy fella we saw in CJ.
    And Horatio with that little girl in the ep-that was so sweet!

13. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Cross Jurisdiction, ofcourse! I only watch NY once a month or so, when I want to watch it, and that's not very often. I like both Vegas and Miami. :) I love the interaction between Horatio and cath :D

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, I noticed that too. I also noticed a similar thing on NY as well--Mac didn't wear a tie in "MIA/NY Nonstop," but during the actual first season he never went without one (and Stella even made a comment that it had been years since she'd last seen him without a tie :rolleyes:); and Danny didn't wear glasses until the season started. They weren't major changes, but there was a definite difference between the crossover and the season itself. It seemed like they sort of splurged on "MIA/NY Nonstop" as far as filming in NY goes, because it seemed obviously New York, if that makes any sense. When NY actually started, there was a lot less of that on the show. The apartment that they chased Penrod through before he ran across the roof was really interesting looking, with that tapering hallway and everything, but they don't have that sort of thing on there anymore--it's like everybody that's involved in crimes in NY has a butt-load of money to afford big, new apartments. :rolleyes:

Roos, you don't like NY much, but did you enjoy "MIA/NY Nonstop" for the Miami part of it?

15. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I loved MIA/NY! I've seen the first part only, and a small piece of the second. :)