Cross-Jurisdiction or MIA/NYC Nonstop?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by lane, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Er...I think maybe you're confusing "MIA/NY Nonstop" with the two part crossover that occurred during the middle of this past season ("Manhattan Manhunt" and "Felony Flight"). "MIA/NY Nonstop" only had one part to it. ;) I was asking if you liked it because it was very Horatio-centric (being a Miami episode and all :p).

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I would have to go with 'Cross Jurisdictions' as it introduced my beloved Miami team. ;) I particularly liked seeing Horatio and Catherine working together and quirky Speedle!

Having said that, I also really enjoyed 'MIA/NYC - NonStop' and the introducton of the NY team. H and Mac working together was a real treat. The contrast of the sun blessed Miami and the greyness of NY was interesting to see too. I swear that Horatio's complexion turned grey when he was in NY! Even his hair was less of a fiery red. Once back on Florida soil, the brightness returned immediately. :cool:

They are both great episodes in their own right, but CJ just has the edge in terms of entertainment value for me. :)

3. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Sh*t! Sorry! *runs off, ashamed* I thought you were talking about Manhattan Manhunt, etc. Okay.. err, I liked MIA/NY nonstop, although I'm not a Horatio-fan.. I like Calleigh :)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: Somebody was confused. ;) But don't feel ashamed, we all look like dorks sometimes. :p (I'm just kidding of course)

I'm not much of a Horatio fan either, but in the crossovers, I didn't mind him so much. ;)

Lucy, one of my favorite things about MIA/NY was the contrast of colors between the two cities. For me, watching Cross Jurisdictions was only strange because it wasn't night time in Miami (since so many Vegas episodes are at night, or at least when/where it's dark ;)). :lol:

5. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I loved the colors in MIA/NY Non-Stop. They blended in so well which wasn't true with CJ. I loved the interaction with H/Mac. Neither tried to show the other up as in CJ to me Catherine wanted too. Hated sharing the limelight the miami team. Never have cared much for her.( sorry folks)

6. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Cross Jurisdictions for me too. The 'Ready Honey?'/'Coming Dear' scene is a truly classic CSI moment. I thought H and Catherine had great chemistry and clicked so well on screen.

I thoroughly enjoyed MIA/NYC - NonStop too. Luce/Faylinn, the colour contrast between Miami and NY was very interestingly portrayed, I agree. :)

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

"cross jurisdictions" is a favorite of mine. It was great to see Marg & David work together again, and see some of the same subtleties they had while working on "gold coast" too.
    It's great to also see the Cath/H relationship continue in the Max Allan Collins book "florida getaway".

8. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Slightly off topic, but I loved their scenes on 'Gold Coast' too. DC and Marg really did sizzle on screen! I would love to see them work together again. :)

9. lane

lane Police Officer

They (H and Cath) have the best chemistry ever. It's a shame they don't see each other too often.

10. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Cross-Jurisdiction was better in my opinion. :D

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

CJ bored me to tears - that's probably the only CSI that I never watched a rerun of, even back when I still liked CSI/V. Although I must say, Cath/Horatio had wonderful chemistry, and I liked Horatio with the little girl. He's got a big heart, especially with kids.

I liked the other 2 crossovers with M/NY much, much better. Better cases IMO, and I love seeing H/Mac working together. They have tons of chemistry, it's obvious the guys probably get along pretty good & like eachother in real life too, and I think that came across big time, onscreen.

12. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I like Cross Jurisdiction a lot more than MIA/NYC Nonstop. I thought the NY cross over was wierd. I really liked Horatio and Catherine working together. They had great chemistry. And I really liked the case better on CJ than on MIA/NY. I thought it was more interesting.

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I liked Cross Jurisdictions too but I also like MIA/NYC Nonstop. I can't really pick just one.

In CJ we got to meet the Miami team. Catherine and Warrick got to work with them.

In MIA/NYC we got to meet Mac Taylor and the rest of the team. Mac and Horatio are great together. I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. Stella also kind of sizzles with Horatio (more obvious in MM). I just didn't like the color contrast between Miami and NY. IMO, it made NY look depressing. And seeing Horatio standing in the apartment with Mac. That was weird because everything had that bluish tint except Horatio. Thank goodness they finally lightened it up after about 5 episodes.

14. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

I like MIA/NYC Nonstop better coz it introduced the NY team (which is the only CSI I watch now). But yegods, H was still orange despite that blue light in that apartment :lol:

15. Guest

Guest Guest

cross jurisdiction better, even though the miamis took all the best parts in that episode :rolleyes: