Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior

Re: Criminal Minds "The Spin-off"

This article is from Dec 16, 2009 (I am only doing snip so you can click the link and read the rest) some may already know this.

Shepard signs on for 'Minds' spinoff - 'Criminal' has helmer in mind for spinoff.
Helmer Richard Shepard, who directed the pilot to CBS' "Criminal Minds," has signed on to handle the show's spinoff as well.
Move comes after Shepard signed a deal with the Eye to direct two of the network's pilots this season. The other one will be determined after CBS completes its pilot orders.
The spinoff pilot will actually double as an episode of "Minds," much as CBS produced the pilot to frosh hit "NCIS: Los Angeles" as a seg of the "NCIS" mother ship.
The idea of coming back and doing this spinoff was exciting," Shepard said. "I was proud of that show, and I haven't directed a procedural since 'Criminal Minds.' They came to me with this great opportunity."

You can read the rest at the link provided.

MOD NOTE: The backdoor pilot for the Criminal Minds spinoff shoots Feb. 17 to March 3, and could possibly air as the 18th episode of this season of the Criminal Minds mothership.

I don't know if this is speculation/rumor or what but back in January and Feb this was reported at the Futon Critic. GNRF included a link to IMDB. ;)

January: Matt Ryan ("The Tudors) is on track to join the cast of the potential spin-off, about "a new group of profilers who work outside the FBI bureaucracy." He'll reportedly play Mick Fleming, "a Cambridge-educated British ex-Mercenary, formerly of the British Special Forces, an expert sniper and a ladies man." Forest Whitaker also stars in the hour, which Richard Shepard is directing from a script by Chris Mundy and Ed Bernero.

February: Michael Kelly (The Sopranos) rounds out the cast of the project, which comes from ABC Studios, CBS Television Studios and The Mark Gordon Company. Richard Shepard is directing from a script by Chris Mundy and Edward Allen Bernero.

The full thing at the FC, reads this..
Beau Garrett ("Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer") has booked the final principal role on the proposed spin-off, about "a new group of profilers, led by Cooper (Forest Whitaker), who work outside the FBI bureaucracy." She'll play Gina LaSalle, "a tough girl and recent FBI recruit who is loyal to Cooper and the object of Mick's (Matt Ryan) flirting." Michael Kelly rounds out the cast of the project.

This would make Michael Kelly as the "Prophet" which would be a change as I believe he was suppost to be African American. But keep in mind that I have no news story saying either of these two are official like I have on the other two. Also remember if some of the cast changed from the descript that tends to happen. Guess we will see. Course one would hope that they fineally have a name for the show lol.

Last edited:

Oh pooh... there's no pic of Matt there. I haven't seen anything he's been in, so I have no clue what he looks like. :lol:

I don't know if that other guy would be Prophet or not. Prophet was described as in his 30s... that guy is not. :lol: So if he is gonna be that character then they changed his race and age. Maybe they decided to go with a whole new character type. Unless this guy is gonna be the Strauss type character. :lol:

That could be or they just plain decided to add another one, who knows.

GNRF here are two pics of him if that will help. Matt Ryan as well as his myspace at least they say it's him lol.

Thats all I could find for now on a quick search. The Hollywood reporter, reported on Jan 28th that he was selected for the role of Mick, though I don't know if it's true other news sources haven't come out with it, but I do trust Futon Critic. But again we shall see.

Thanks, Destiny. He's not bad looking. Kind of reminds me a little of Johnny Depp. :)

Your welcome. Well if that is him, and by the way had to do the search under "British Actor Matt Ryan" :lol: and followed some work he is listed as doing to get those so we know it might be the same guy. I preferre the B&W pic the best. Not so much for long hair.

All those worried about Rob Lowe... I wouldn't..

From EW: Exclusive: Rob Lowe ditches 'Brothers & Sisters' for 'Parks and Recreation'
Rob Lowe is nearing a deal to join the cast of TV’s best comedy, Parks and Recreation.

but I'm not sure if that was before or after "The Shield". Though TZ didn't last too long.
TZ 44 episodes, 2002-2003
Shield 13 episodes, 2006-2007
Inbetween that he was in 6 episodes, 2006-2007 of ER as Curtis Ames.

Other knowns:

Birth Name: Forest Steven Whitaker
D.O.B: July 15, 1961
Born In: Longview, Texas
Height: 6'2

Spouse: Keisha Whitaker (4 May 1996 - present) They met on the set of "Blown Away (1994)"

Children: 4 -
(Son) Ocean Whitaker (b. 1990 from previous relationship),
Keisha's daughter Autumn (b. 1991),
(Daughter) Sonnet Noel Whitaker (b. 1996)
(Daughter) True Whitaker (b. 1998),

On his children's names - I want those names to be their destiny, for my daughters to be honest and my son to be expansive.

Parents: Forest Whitaker Jr. & Laura Francis (smith) Whitaker
Grandfather: Novelist Forest Whitaker, Sr
Siblings: Brother of actors Kenn Whitaker and Damon Whitaker, and sister Deborah.
Brother-in-law: to Jeffrey Nash and Kidada Jones.
Other Stuff: Holds a Black belt in Karate, & Is a vegetarian, Practices Yoga

Has no official website.

That is very good replay. :thumbsup:

As posted in the CM Orginial thread

5x18 The Fight (Cross-over ep) picture

Cross-over Episode
Air Date: Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#518) "The Fight"

HOTCH AND HIS AGENTS JOIN FORCES WITH ANOTHER BAU TEAM TO SOLVE A SERIES OF MURDERS IN SAN FRANCISCO. - The BAU team travels to San Francisco to investigate the murders of several homeless men and teams up with a separate group of BAU operatives who are working another case they think is connected. - SSA Aaron Hotchner and his team investigate the murders of several homeless men in San Francisco and coordinates their efforts with another team of BAU agents who are working on another case that appears to be connected.

Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker guest stars as Special Agent Sam Cooper, and Academy Award and Golden Globe Award-winning actress Mary Steenburgen guest stars as Director Beth Griffith.

Guest Cast:
Sam Cooper... Forest Whitaker
Mick Rawson... Matt Ryan
Prophet... Michael Kelly
Gina LaSalle... Beau Garrett
Director Beth Griffith... Mary Steenburgen
Bell... Jason Brooks
Ben McBride... Jason Wiles
Jane McBride... Alexa Nikolas
Leslie McBride... Lesley Fera
Detective Ekler... Kelvin Han Yee
Detective Ganz... Scott Allan Campbell
Nelson G... Felix Solis
Coroner... Howard S. Miller
Suspect... Eric B. Gerleman

I have to say, it looks and sounds like it might be good, even though I have some hesitations about it.

I've seen more pics on another site. PM me if you want to know as I'm not sure I'm allowed to say it here.

I saw a name I recognized in the cast list. Jason Brooks. I met him once, and he helped me out with something important, even though he at first didn't want to. :lol: But I will never forget him because of that. I hope he doesn't turn out to be the Unsub in this. :lol:

I really like the casting of Mary Steenburgen as the Director. I think she'll be great. I wonder if she'll be Strauss-like? :lol:

I like the San Francisco setting.

I'm just worried about how they're going to make sure the original retains everything that made it a great show. I don't want the spinoff to get the better Unsubs, and for the original to come off as more of a standard cop show. There have been some really lackluster episodes since after the New Year, and I hope it's not because of something to do with the spinoff. I hope they can work everything out.

PM me the site and I can tell you if you can say it. Remember folks if you have a hesitation about posting a site, you can pm the moderator and see if it can be done. ;)

I am not too happy with spinoffs.If they can keep the quality of the original and at the same time give us another awesome show,I am OK with it.But like some of you said ,I do not want the spinoff to get the better cases.The cast looks good so I will give it a chance.

The spin-off may be similar to NCIS and the way they did their's, I mean think about it.

Jag (Judge Advocate General) > NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigation) > NCIS: Los Angeles (Similar but also known as "OSP" Office of Special Projects) - All are Military shows all have similar and yet different themes (ie case types, etc) to them.

Criminal minds: [Insert what they come up with for a name] Maybe the same way. Course some are calling it. "Criminal Minds 2.0" for now not a bad name really definitly different and yet orginial. I kinda like it. So now they probably won't call it that. :lol:

Off to update the cast list.

I just noticed Matt Ryan and his character have the same initials. :lol:

Is Mary Steenburgen gonna be there full time or just recurring (like Strauss)? She's the one married to Ted Danson, right?

In Hollyweird, sometimes stars change spouses daily. But Mary Steenburgen has been married to Ted Danson since 1995, according to IMDB.com. But TV Guide online reported earlier TODAY that Mary has been signed up to star in a new ABC comedy pilot called Southern Comfort. It is still possible that she could be in both.

I have to admit that I was worried that Morgan was going to leave to have his own team:(.I am just anxious becouse this is one of my favorite shows and I want to keep loving it.CSI las vegas is not the same anymore but NCIS keeps getting better so we have to wait and see what is going to happen.

Back