Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Correct she said in her [Paget] tweet

"I'm sad this is my last year. But I wanted to thank the fans..."

Regarding that year six (this year) is her last year on the show.

2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Destiny, you. rule. If it hadn't been for you posting this, I wouldn't have seen that pic of TG and JM till hours later. That pic is so cute, and they are both looking rested and happy--all ready for the new season. :thumbsup:

I really liked John Cooley and thought he and Emily had real chemistry. I think it would make for a happy ending if he came back and they got back together to make up for what happened when they were teenagers.

I have a feeling JJ will be the victim of budget cuts by the FBI, and that she'll be "let go" by Strauss.

Yes, Haley's the only important character that CM has ever killed off as far as I know. I really hope they don't kill Emily off because then when we watch the reruns it will be like the reruns with Speed and be so sad knowing that the character ends up dying. I hope there's a storyline that comes up soon after season 6 starts that will show us what it is that's going to cause her to leave so that we don't have to dread something bad happening to her for practically the whole season. Maybe Emily's mother becomes ill, and Emily has to help her with her Ambassador duties or something like that.

I couldn't agree more about Rossi talking to Hotch. He needs to have a sit down conversation with his friend and ask him how he's coping, and how things are going with Jack. He needs to be talking to him more, IMO, about everything because Hotch and Rossi scenes are always great.

More character development for Morgan would be nice, and for Emily, especially since she's leaving. Maybe that's how we'll be able to tell how she's going to leave the show--if they have her studying for the Ambassador exam or something, then we'll see where it's heading. If things just continue along with nothing different happening with the character, then it could mean something bad. Maybe.

I'm sure Garcia will stay her awesome self. I just don't know if that will be enough to help the spinoff, though.

3. Destiny

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I think one of the problems with last season was that they didn't use as much suspense when they could have. They put a lot of characters through a lot of junk, but there was never any really suspense to it. Take Retaliation for example. I think it would've been a better episode if 1) they hadn't showed the surprise!crash in the promo, which completely ruined the shock and 2) they had played a little bit more on the fact that the car was knocked off the road and rolled down a hill. Wouldn't it have been a little more suspenseful if they showed the crash but not the aftermath, and the team slowly started to realize that Emily, Bunting, and the UnSub never got to the station, and then they had to find the car? (I appreciated the screentime for Emily, but I think that that would've been one episode that would've been better with less screentime for her.)

The characters were "in danger" so many times, yet most of the time it was a quick thing that really wasn't that big of a deal. Aside from what I said above in Retaliation, there was The Performer (with JJ getting hit with the shovel, Our Darkest Hour (with Morgan being hit by the serial killer), and The Fight (in which Emily was both minorly hit by a car and almost shot). Aside from the premiere and 100, it was kind of like the writers really wanted to hurt the characters, but never bothered to really go through with it.

Maybe this is just my love of Character!In!Danger episodes talking, though.

5. Destiny

Tweet, Tweet, Tweet, and I don't mean the bird. :lol:

JM:
    -Now off to Criminal Minds...work, work, work

PB:
    -I'm allowed to tweet again. Back at work. Growing my nails. I have onychophagia- OCD nail picking. @ stevedamstra is my sexy coach... [NOTE: Steve is her live in boyfriend]
    -I want to be the spokesperson for Red Lobster and get a free lobster every other week for the rest of my life. That would be awesome..

JM on his facebook was asked this Question and gave this answer lol.
    Q: Do the creepy story lines or violent scenarios you guys shoot scenes around ever freak you out? I mean, I know it's all fake blood and everything.
    A: Doesn't bother me a bit. It's all fun between takes.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks for that Destiny! Me too, as long as I know it's fake it won't bother me. I believe CM is not too graphic. They don't show the body of the victims especially those in bad shape. Some were only in pictures. But in CSI, oh no, especially the autopsy. :eek:Glad it's all fake :lol:!

7. Destiny

You're welcome. I never found a problem with 'CM' or 'CSI', actually I don't have a problem with things like that heck I watch 'Bones' lol while eating dinner. :lol:

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Oh yeah Bones! They do it the best. But sometimes I feel like switching channels. The guts look so real! :eek:

9. electra

electra Pathologist

Sorry for the double post ,destiny.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  10. electra

electra Pathologist

I also do not think CSI or Criminal minds are too graphic.Then again,I want to be a surgeon someday so nothing bothers me much.

Rossi and Hotch is my favorite duo now.I do like Morgan with Emily but they (hotch and rossi) are less impulsive and act more at synch.There was an episode where Mogan fires a gun in the car and Emily was screaming about it later while Hotch and Rossi were the exact opposite.:lol:

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yes! Rite of Passage was the episode title, I believe. Hotch told Rossi not to fire the MP5 while in the car so that they don't blow their eardrums out. About thirty seconds later, Morgan fires the MP5 from inside the car that Emily's driving, blowing out her eardrum and causing her to be very, very annoyed. I loved that scene. :lol:

I think that everyone can split into pairs and be awesome as a pair. Rossi is also good with Emily because they're both Deadpan Snarkers, which is always amusing. Emily's also good with Reid, because of the brother/sister undertones that are present a lot. Morgan and Reid work for the same reason.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This is one of very few shows were everyone works really well with everyone IMO. I love Rossi/Hotch, Emily/Morgan, Emily/Reid, like already mentioned but I also love when all the girls are together JJ/Em/Garcia and I love Reid/Morgan/Em. Rossi and Morgan have a different dynamic more serious and loaded (because of how it began and for lack of a better word) which I think brings something different and I enjoy as well. Oh I also like Rossi and Reid, makes me laugh. Of course I also love the sweetness of Morgan and Garcia and love Hotch and Prentiss :). So yeah basically everyone with everyone :lol:.

13. electra

electra Pathologist

Agree and agree.I also especially like Emily,Morgan and Reid becouse they act like siblings.We had a family tree here that described it very well.Last season ,morgan and Emily gave all the paperwork to reid becouse he would be "faster" and he said that they owed him.I did that in my family more then once.And in " Rite of Passage" I can imagine Emily making Morgan pay for it.:lol:

The only relationship that I did not liked much was Morgan and Rossi.Like hiphugger17 said,maybe becouse of how they started.But I like that in last season Rossi was very supportive of Morgan's job as a chief and gave him good advice.

Emily and Rossi are very good becouse of the comebacks.They have so many good lines!!

And Morgan and Garcia is a classic.Garcia is a riot with Hotch ,too.I like how well they fit despite the different personalities.:lol:

14. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Okay, I finally have a question! How come in first season it almost seems Gideon is in charge? Though its suppose to be Hotch, right? I know Gideon was the unit chief prior to his melt down but in the pilot Morgon refers to Gideon as their unit chief...is it shared in the first season? All of a sudden in second season though Hotch really took charge...I guess I just wanted somebody to clear that up for me. :) Thanks!

P.S. I hate wait! So lol after I bought first season I couldn't stand the thought of going through the process of waiting for the other seasons so I went to worst buy and got them all.

I'm through season 1, favorite line..."You do realize you sound like a fortune cookie?" :guffaw::guffaw:

Now were midway through season 2.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with you about CCA. I'm trying to figure it out why Gideon is the Unit Chief in the first season and second season, Hotch is the Unit Chief. I will take a guess, because Hotch is the lawyer in the first season and second season, he is the FBI unit chief.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.