Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter MG

-RT: Are they really replacing Paget Brewster and AJ Cook? (via @ [Name Removed]) unsure and absolutely befuddled

Deadline: UPDATES CBS' 'Criminal Minds' Cuts Female Cast

The controversy over CBS’ decision not to pick up Criminal Minds co-star A.J. Cook for next season and to reduce the episode load of another female cast member, Paget Brewster, is not blowing over as fans’ campaign to reinstate them is growing. An online petition in their support has garnered 15,500 signatures, with the number rapidly growing. Among those who have signed it are Criminal Minds co-star Kirsten Vangsness, who is returning full-time next season, as well as Kevin Pollak and Paul Tompkins.

Several other Criminal Minds cast members have voiced their opinion via Twitter. Brewster was the most blunt, taking an issue with the network’s description of its reasons for the casting changes as "creative." ""Creative Reasons" has been an Executive Bullshit excuse for DECADES,” she wrote. “It IS financial. AJ is a dreamboat. And yes, I am hurt, too.”

Here is Thomas Gibson’s tweet: “To say we're all mystified and disappointed is an understatement...” Cook, who had been silent since I broke the story on Monday, sent out a thank-you Tweet today: “Your kind words and support have made me feel wanted and loved!” Meanwhile, fans are also emailing CBS executives and have called CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler.

As to women in the industry, it's not anyone network, they have all done it, just like they [all networks] have been accused of being sexist, racist, just plain dumb, you name it. Would the same apply if it were opposite on CM only two men and all the rest women and they did that to the men? Thats all I am saying.
You're not really playing the 'everyone does it' card, are you? :)
IMO, CBS is much more imbalanced (male vs female) than the other major networks. We are not just talking about CM in this argument. It is a much bigger issue, and dates back many years. So, if CM had more women than men, then I would call that progressive programming and forward thinking, two terms I'm not sure Les Moonves knows the meaning of.

That's a great article, Tciddaisc. Thanks for the link. It even mentions Jorja Fox from years ago when she had the audacity to ask for a raise, and didn't get one, but did get her job back. If not for William Petersen, I'm not sure that would have even happened.

Last edited:
All of the networks do it, yes, but I don't wath the other networks. :lol: No, in all seriousness, though, I think that CBS has a bit of a worse record when it comes to women on their network. Plus, they've been so random with their movements recently that it seems like this CM business is he straw that broke he camel's back when it comes to annoyance at CBS.

Abiut the hypothetical show with two males getting fired from a mostly-female cast: I think it depends on the show. One of the reasons that this is such a bit deal is that this is a show about a male-dominated profession. I feel like if we were talkig about males and a female-dominated profession, while there wouldn't be *as* much outcry, people would still feel like there was a bit of sexism going on. Or, at least, I would.

I still remember how they treated Angela Lansbury. In her last year of Murder,She Wrote, they humilated her by putting it against friends, where of course it tanked in the ratings. They then used that as the excuse not to bring it back for a 13th season. That and the 18-49 bracket wasn't "enough".
I will say this..when it comes to treating their stars, male or female well, CBS is by far the worst at it.

Yep I was JT ;) *Smacks my own hand* okay going back on topic of Criminal minds show, cast, characters, etc.

JM Tweets
-Yes it's true I just found out today that I am receiving a star on the walk of fame. I am profoundly honored and humbled.....
-@ GUBLERNATION Thanks Goob! Hope you'll be there for the induction. I hope ALL the cast will be.

MG Tweets
-RT:I found out today that I am receiving a star on the walk of fame. I am profoundly honored and humbled. (via @ JoeMantegna) CONGRATS Joe!

KV Tweets
-@ JoeMantegna HUZZAH! OMG so well deserved my sweet stabby pal! I will bring chalk and us other 6 can put our stars next to yours

AJ Cook Tweets
@ JoeMantegna Im soooo happy for you Joey!!!! You deserve it. The nicest man on the planet. Love you tons!

From me non-tweet... Congrats to Joe!

What I do not get is that I think that Emily is a fan favorite.Many did not liked Elle but she is something else.The producers should have her screentime increased to give her a proper storyline if they want to keep good numbers.

I did not liked Jordan.She got too close to MY Morgan.:lol:Seriously,JJ knows her job and has chemistry with the team.Why change something so good?

I'm with you, Electra. I don't understand why they reduced Emily's episode. Emily is more popular then Elle. If Nina Tassler looked at the fanfiction, Emily got more story from the fans that love her. Elle got few story from the fans.

Some of you didn't like Todd? I thought she had a great chemistry with Morgan. Well, there's only a very small chance of her coming back so you shouldn't worry.

I like both Emily and Elle but I liked Elle more. I don't know much about Emily except that episode about exorcism(?) 'Demonology.' I wish Elle didn't leave the show just because Lola wanted to live in the East coast more! :confused:

Via Twitter

PB:

-Big meeting later today. Figured I should have a back up plan if things don't go my way. Anybody hiring bartenders? 'Cuz I still got it !

AJ:
-@ pagetpaget atleast you have bartending skills,I got nothin'!!Can you teach me??Maybe we can "tend bar" together. Turn it into a side show!!
-@ pagetpaget is one of the funniest, sexiest, intelligent, kickass ladies I have ever met! 'Nuff said. Xoxo.
-@ Vangsness awwww thanks baby girl. You are all of that AND a bag of chips.

KV (I edited)
-@ pagetpaget girl, you've still got it ALLLLL and then some my genius actress she-ro. Don't you f***ing forget it xox
-@ ajcookofficial is one of the funniest, sexiest, intelligent, kickass ladies I have ever met! 'Nuff said. Xoxo.
-@ ajcookofficial to be clear I was not rt-ing, that was me saying ditto about you xxxooo

BTW to keep count just over 34,000 signatures on the petition. Depending when you look at it. :lol: It is said to be slowing down on signatures.

Last edited:
*wonder if I should have a talk with myself again?* :lol:

I was reading on a twitter site, they are saying this isn't creative, or financial, other sites are saying get rid of this or that cast member (who happens to be a guy) to keep the girls, which even if they did get rid of the guy guarentees nothing that the girls would stay status quo, it could be worse.

AJ and Paget. AJ isn't claiming it's sexism actually she isn't claiming anything at all, and Paget IS claiming its financial, not creative. And the Network is claiming (alot of things) but now that they want to go another direction.

The fact that no one is really saying much (accept confidental sources, or short news releases, hints, and slips) about the whole situation. Paget and AJ I could see, especially since Paget has been renegotating her contract, we don't know what AJ is doing. And if the rest of the cast does know what is going on, then suddenly their not talking a whole lot other then love ya, and well wishes, and such.

I signed the petition, but I don't like how the one CM twitter site is handling it, as if it were sexism, giving out info then saying they can't link to it cause it was given to them in confidence, so they can't back it up. I don't know if their assuming it or they know it as fact and if is an assumption and they are wrong, then it makes them look bad. If they are right then they have no worries.

I think before I put the puzzle together I will wait for more pieces from the cast, and/or network. I don't want to sound preachy, just saying that IMO alot of stuff is coming at people way faster, and while I support the girls staying, and the cast apparently does. I am going to slow down and take a breath. ;)

*Will have private conversation with self regarding double posting later today.* :lol:

Last edited:
*wonder if I should have a talk with myself again?* :lol:

...snip...
*Will have private conversation with self regarding double posting later today.* :lol:

We'll fogive you, Destiny. As we all wait, let's entertain ourselves picturing Reid as the new media contact person.:lol:

:lol: Thank you. The mod side of me gave the member side of me a good talking to talk, it wasn't mean or harsh, she was kind in the fact that the post was long and excepted that I didn't want to hurt people's eyes. ;) But alas another gentle reminder. :guffaw:

Oh is that Reid with the new hair cut, or Reid with the other hair styles? :p

Destiny, it's ok. Thank you for keeping us updated with the news articles and tweets. :thumbsup: I don't have a tweeter account so I just rely on your post about what's going on. :D

I think it's more on financial than creative. It's not pure financial since they are replacing AJ in mid-season. Maybe this actress will receive a lot lower salary than AJ's so it saves CBS some money. At the same time, they get the chance to execute their "refresh the drama series" excuse. :rolleyes: Whatever excuse they use I'm against firing AJ and demoting Paget.

Last edited:
I signed the petition as well.

I doesn't matter why they made that decision, after all one person in a high position that does not know much about CM may have rushed to a decision.If ,in the end the interest of all us fans pays off then we are the ones to gain/not lose anything from this decision...
It wouldn't be the same without JJ's role, if they do bring a new character it would be unlikely that fans would like after 5 seasons of having another very much 'likeable' character like JJ!

It is such a crazy move, why change something that is already working so well :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back