Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

lol, the song was Rock 'N Roll Train by AC/DC.

Well at least Reid and JJ are okay. I hope JJ stays and doesn't go with Will. I miss JJ/Reid. Haha. And I wonder who were the people outside the car when it blew up? Because we clearly saw Hotch and the Hayley look a like get IN the car. So that must mean they were in the car when it blew up... right? And I think something is going to happen to Morgan.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks. I knew it was them. Kind of not really a song I'd expect from Criminal Minds. :lol: More up Supernatural's alley. But, anyway...

Unless Hailey lookalike and Hotch get out of the car and then get back in, or unless they tricked us at the end of last season by making up think they got in the car. :lol: Most likely it'll be other cops/FBI agents.

As for Morgan, I don't know if anything will happen to him or not. I think that the scene of Garcia saying "Oh My God" and then yelling Morgan's name was from the last ep when he chased the suspect in the tunnel. But, I think the person who says an emotional goodbye at the end of the season premiere will be Hotch. None of the others really have any reason to leave except for JJ on maternity leave. Unless Hailey lookalike dies and Morgan leaves the group to take her job. But, I can't really see him saying an emotional goodbye. I could see the ladies all being emotional, but not Morgan himself.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online back on August 28:

Laying the pulse-pounding foundation for the promo is AC/DC's "Rock 'N' Roll Train," from the band's first studio album in eight years, Black Ice (streeting Oct. 21). Minds exec producer Ed Bernero, having been afforded an advance listen to the track a while back, seized the chance to edit the promo himself. "We love AC/DC," he tells me, "and just wanted to play with our images and this amazing piece of music."

4. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Hey guys, I've got a question: in what episode did Hotch characterized/mini-profiled his team members? I hope you understand what I mean, I can barely remember that scene (I know: shame on me *hides*)
    I guess it was at the end of this certain episode...help, please? :)

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^No Way Out part 2 maybe, I don't watch CM but I googled it and this came out. :p

6. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Yes! That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks bunches M! :D

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

OMG I lost the last episode *shame shame shame:scream:* but I was able to watch it few minutes ago thanks to youtube & :eek::eek:

Thanks to everybody for the spoilers, promo pics & promo:thumbsup::thumbsup: 'cause they really relieved me. I mean I couldn't stand JJ injured, she's my fav. character or Reid (he went through a lot ) or Garcia (another of my fav. characters).
    Now thanks to them I'm pretty sure that the 2 peoople involved/injured will be Hotch & Haley. The woman when the ground when Hotch yelled "I've got an officer down" looked too much like her.
    Plus I think that Hotch will have a slightl hear loss becuase of the explosion.
    As for the emotional goodbye it could be both Hotch or JJ. Hotch just got injured & maybe he'll have to rest for a while, JJ is pregnant so I think it would be time for her to go on maternity;)

ETA:
    I've just found this Promo - n.3

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  8. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, I thought their was a spoiler where someone said that someone gave an emotional goodbye in the ep. That didn't happen... no one said goodbye except Emily to Cooper and that wasn't emotional.

Was Joe Mantega listed first in the opening credits last season and Thomas Gibson last or is that something they've done new this season?

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yeah it was that way last season, they just flashed Joe alittle quicker last season imo. Actually they always flash everyone quicker and quicker each season.

10. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

The episode was ok, fast-paced and all...
    but somehow this terrorist plot felt out of place.
    It felt more like an episode of NCIS or 24, not like CM

And they didn't get anywhere with their profile because they kept letting the unsubs commit suicide. Wouldn't they try to get one alive to question him? :wtf:

I loved how Hotch went into machine mode and then crumbled at the hospital
    I hope we'll get some continuity in the next few episodes (can't fly, ear problems, emotional issues...)

11. GregNickRyanFan

This is kind of funny, but I found myself really wanting to know who the heck was in the hospital that the secret service men were protecting. :lol: I felt cheated that they didn't tell us. When Hotch said "does it matter?" I almost shouted "Yes!" at the tv. :lol:

I so knew Kate was gonna die. I saw that coming a mile away.

Garcia (to Morgan): Why does it always have to be you? :lol: and

Morgan: Don't you ever stop talking to me.
    Garcia: I can't right now because I'm mad at you.
    Morgan: I can wait.

:lol:

I still found it kind of dumb that those guys went to all of that trouble just to blow up a hospital with someone important in it. Why not just drive the bomb to the hospital and leave it instead of going through all that other crap? I didn't get it. :lol: Funny thing is, the team didn't seem to understand why either. :lol:

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

It was a good episode, but extremely predictable, imo.

I just have one question. What did Morgan say to Garcia? "You're my god-given"... what? I didn't catch that last part.

13. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

it was very predictable..but a great episode.
    i think im missing something in this, but i think Morgan said "you're my god-given solace" or something like that :)

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Morgan: Garcia? I'll tell you what you are to me. You're my God-given solace. Woman you promise me one thing - whatever happens, don't you ever stop talking to me.
    Garcia: I can't right now 'cause I'm mad at you

I didn't mind the episode, but it did seem suspious that the kid I believe was his name, would be one allowed down there, if the profile at the time said that the first responders would have to stay back because of a new wave may occure, didn't it occure to anyone that there were three people, down there and no one else. Also didn't occure to anyone who was writing the scene (and I would have to check the tape at the time, as restricted as they were about Morgan going in, that suddenly an ambulance going in there with one paramedic was strange? Also Hotch was in that explosion and the way he kept peering back in the mirror like he thought something wasn't right but didn't quite know what it was who in the world would let him drive and you can tell he had been hurt too.

As to the who was going to die, told you all back in that last thread when we were discussing cast members staying or going, that it was likely not what it seemed but rather a mere diversion on the part of the writers. The end of last season showed the SUV's together and everyone getting in at one time (as they were leaving together), then the explosion. In the Current season it was only one SUV and two people and they were walking up to it rather then out to it. Yet the camera clearly shows the bomber planting the bomb (on a deserted street) and yet no one else saw him until they pulled the tape and also until he showed himself.

I don't think they jumped the shark but they didn't exactly throw a curve in there really. Garcia was an excellent character emotion to have on the show. The problem was the emotional factor of the others being worried not nearly the range of hers even as she just walks through the door. In the end they way they left it with Morgan didn't leave me with that feel of will he or won't he go, it left me with the oh well feeling.

I do agree this was a fast pace ep, too fast really, its like they combined two episodes into one and cut a few things. on a scale I give this ep a 8/10. Only because of Garcia, and the actional part (ie Bomb, hospital, death and final scene).

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Thanks guys. I just couldn't catch that one word he was saying, and it was bothering me :lol: But other than that, a really great scene. I love their relationship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.