Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex, Um... I wanted like an avvie or siggy or... Something. But I have no idea how to do ANYTHING with graphics, so...
Okay, cool. I'll see what I can put together. Not tonight, of course, but at some point within the next few days. Put it this way, I'll have something for you before the premiere. :lol:

Now we look at Reid and can be like, PTSD much? Psycho. But then compare it to Gideon, and it's like, Oh. Reid is, apparently, semi-normal. Or just less-PTSD than we originally thought.
I think Reid has less PTSD than Gideon. Even without considering the fact that Gideon was the one that quit the team because of PTSD. Reid has trauma; there's no denying that. But his trauma has almost always been things that happen to him. He almost never has to watch things happen to others (which, again, is probably why he was so bothered by Emily taking the hit in Minimal Loss). He's gotten so used to being hurt that, while it obviously affects him, it's lessened a bit. Gideon's trauma is almost entirely at the expense of other people. The guy that died before the series premiere, Gideon's friend (Sarah, maybe?)... also every single victim that died after the BAU took a case. Everything was his fault, or at least that's how he felt. So his PTSD is greater than Reid's because Reid understands that not everything is his fault. Gideon never learned that, so he felt every single damn blow and multiplied it by guilt and then let it consume him until eventually he burned himself so far out that he couldn't even tell his team that he was quiting in person.

Less than a week left! :D

I watched the finale last night again, since it was on. It really was a good episode. Great acting all around. And then, of course, the promo... Still awesome. Really. I can't wait until Wednesday.

6 Days 4 Hours 19 Minutes 20 Seconds!

Aw, poor MGG. Still on a crutch. Though he can put some weight on it now: http://img9.yfrog.com/i/mk0.jpg/

Are any of you guys *not* watching the premiere in its first airing? Anything more important than CM at that time, I mean.

5 Days 3 Hours 59 Minutes 33 Seconds

I'll be watching, but I don't know if I'll be able to talk about the show with you while it airs next week, since I live in a completely different time zone.

I finally saw the preview last night on tv though.

I'll be watching, but I don't know if I'll be able to talk about the show with you while it airs next week, since I live in a completely different time zone.

Yeah, that's a little late for me to stay up to talk about CM. I usually keep a post open and type comments while I watch, and then hit "Submit" after the promo for the next episode has aired. It's a lot easier than trying to keep track of your thoughts. Then, whenever anybody has time, they can just read your comments and comment on them. (I do that mostly because I review episodes of CM, and it's really hard to do when you can't remember what you snarked at. :lol:)

I finally saw the preview last night on tv though.
Nice. :) What did you think?

It's very exciting that Emily knows something is wrong with Hotch, but I really want to know if she just had a funny feeling and went looking for him or if he somehow contacted her or something. If she did go looking for him, where were the rest of the team? I wonder which one of them she's talking to in the preview?

Try to keep your premiere-related stuff in spoiler tags until it airs in your time zone, just to be safe, rockyshadow. That way we don't leave anything in the air for moderators to sniff out and zoom in on. :lol:

I'm pretty sure she's talking to Garcia. I know that promos always lie, but their conversations sync pretty nicely. Put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if it was Garcia.

Yeah, I'm curious about how she knows, too. She's DetailGirl, not PsychicGirl.

I'm so excited. Premiere is this Wednesday. I can't wait.

Especially because you can't find CM on Demand or on the internet anywhere legally, that's definitely the show I'm watching at 9ET (8CT for me) on Wednesday.

Oh, BTW, A&E network here in The States has started running CM eps, in order on Fridays and Sundays at 8 ET, then replaying them at Midnight ET.

I... I can't even... HOTCHHHHHHH!

^SpoilerTV link. And a bit crappy, but I'm currently looking for a better, YouTube version.

It... I can't... DAMNIT WEDNESDAY WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

Hotch looked like he was stabbed and it was scary and I'm illogically freaking out because it's fiction but I don't care and Emily had a gun and it looked like she was looking for Hotch ALONE which is a bad idea even though we wouldn't have three injured agents in one episode but I'm still panicking because it's not Wednesday yet and I want to know already!

*breathes*

I'm calm now.

Wait, no I'm not.

Promo Pic from 5x01

See, told you that Emily would be fine. She still seems to go in ALONE though, which I am very mad at her for.

I really am calm. I swear. :shifty:

You know, I passed my driver's test today. But I'm more excited about this promo than by that fact. Something is wrong with me. :lol:

ETA: YouTubed CTV promo for the SpoilerTV-challenged folks.
It's only slightly better quality, but it doesn't do that weird can't-pause-or-it-will-kill-you thing.

Last edited:
Yay for passing your driver's test!

Breathe, Alex, breathe! :p I kid, I kid. Although, I agree, she shouldn't be going in alone...

Aww... Hotch... :( Gah, less than 36 hours to the start of the premiere... Man, I can't wait.

Thanks for posting the promos! :)

[GIRL] Caucasian, 12-14 yrs. old, just your average, all-American kid. MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM (in a pool.) Also, requires HEAVY EMOTION/EXTREME FEAR. CO-STAR.

[BOY] Caucasian, 5-10 yrs. old. Normal kids who love sports, toys, etc sptv050769. HEAVY EMOTION/EXTREME FEAR. CO-STAR.

[DETECTIVE ANNE] Female, Caucasian, 40-45 yrs old. Local Virginia cop. Frustrated by the pace of the investigation and the rising body count. GUEST STAR.

[MARINE] Male, 38-42 yrs old, Caucasian. Fighting over in Iraq. Returns to find his entire family (wife and 3 kids) have been murdered. EXTREMELY HEAVY EMOTION. Large CO-STAR/Possible GUEST S

JJ, Rossi, Morgan. Also, my favorite pic ever.

Emily, Rossi, JJ, Morgan, doctor person

I'd like to mention that since Emily's clearly the only one at the hospital with Hotch (wait, where's Reid?), she obviously goes alone. Excuse me while I go and kidnap her and make her watch Revelations, kthnx.

22 Hours 48 Minutes 16 Seconds

Alex,thanks for the pictures.:thumbsup:Sadly,I am going to miss the season premiere but I have faith that the writers will not disappoint us.I want to read all the comments.

Alex,thanks for the pictures.:thumbsup:Sadly,I am going to miss the season premiere but I have faith that the writers will not disappoint us.I want to read all the comments.
The pictures are the only reason I follow SpoilerTV on Twitter. No joke. CM spoilers control by TweetDeck. :lol:

Aw, you're going to miss the premiere? Hopefully you'll get a chance to find it and watch it. I'll make sure to make a good review for this one. :)

I've been excited all day for CM. It's actually kind of ridiculous. :lol:

4 Hours 21 Minutes 42 Seconds

GNRF: You changed your avatar! Now how am I supposed to know which posts are yours? :lol:

I'm still more excited about CM than I am about the fact that I have a driver's license. *g* Oh well. It was funny, I had a meeting with my guidance counselor today, and I was reading a paper that you fill out to give to teacher's that you want recommendation letters from. The one question asked about your worst quality, and I jokingly said "my TV addiction". Counselor replied that she suffers from that to. I reply that it's great but I'm still not admitting to a college that the whole reason I'm interested in behavior and am majoring in Sociology is because I watch CM. :lol:

3 Hours 27 Minutes 50 Seconds

Bah, no one else posted. Now I need to post my comments in an ETA. Oh well.

--hyperventilating starts--

~Em gets the “previously on”.
~Emily has magically changing hair! It’s four hours later, people! Continuity!Fail
~Emily’s the first to ask. JJ’s the first to call. They aren’t worried… yet.
~Dr. Barton looks familiar.
~And now they’re starting to worry. It’s interesting that Hotch is missing for about 30 minutes and they already know that something’s wrong. They know that he doesn’t sleep. :lol:
~No new credits? Come on, guys. Slackin.
~Also interesting that, unlike last year’s premiere, we don’t start out with the cliffhanger resolution.
~Boy, I don’t know if you’re brave or stupid.
~Dumb question, Reid. Hee.
~I appreciate that the principal is actually listening.
~I like the hesitation. They don’t know what to say.
~I love that Emily uses the doctor’s complaints to make an excuse to leave. And Reid knows just as much, but doesn’t complain, because he’s just as worried.
~And she knows that something’s wrong.
~The bullet hole. And the blood. And the “oh… shit…” Excuse me while I squee about the fact that the actors on this show are so amazing at conveying everything without saying anything. *fangirls Paget*
~Emily calls Garcia, and takes control because we and she know that Hotch would be more concerned with the case at hand than his own safety.
~I feel kind of bad that JJ, Rossi, and Morgan have no idea what’s going on. Obviously Garcia’s struggling with it, too, which makes me feel bad for her as well.
~I love the “OMG” moment.
~HOTCH! Nine times. So it was revenge by scarring, not an attempt to kill him. Interesting, that.
~Aw… I know I’m saying “I love…” a lot tonight, but I love the worried tone when Emily said “Reid? Answer me! Reid?”
~Screw it. We’re already halfway through and I love everything about this episode. \
~Emily, you really aren’t having a good day.
~Reid gets to shoot someone! But gets shot in the process!
~Dude, don’t mix up the blood, buddy.
~“Call Emily.” And the rest finally find out what’s going on.
~And the story is told in flashbacks, because that’s how my show works. Well, part of the story.
~Well. Crap. Go save people, kthnx.
~Hotch doesn’t even flinch, man.
~Ouch.
~The doctor asks Emily what happened. Like she knows, lady. You’re the doctor.
~Haley is legitimately concerned. I’m happy with that.
~Foyett, no one wants to see your scars. Got to hell. Although I love that I really can’t see any scars because of the way the light is.
~Aw. That’s just a tad short of mean.
~She knows it’s not your fault, man. This is actually kind of heartbreaking. Feel bad for both of them, here. And Jack, too.
~IT’S THAT JACKASS. Oh wait, wrong show. That was Jericho.
~“Kicking down doors is Morgan’s job.” Hee. Although it probably would’ve been a bit better if Reid had gotten to say it.
~Nice scene between Hotch and Rossi.
~Hey, wait a minute. I thought something was missing. There were no quotes!

--hyperventilating ends--

Nice that Hotch is obviously back in the game by next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back