Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was capping the promo and I noticed that the promo is actually a bit of a jerk. First of all, there are quite a few pieces that are images from last season (the first images of JJ and Morgan are, definitely, as well as the two-three flashbacks). Second of all, it's extremely vague. Example: I was watching it without sound since pausing every few seconds with sound would drive me crazy, but I've watched it enough to know that Rossi's single line is "We have to be prepared for what we find". Now, that's great an all, but when we go to the wide shot of SWAT, Morgan, and JJ busting into a house, Rossi is not there. Plus, Hotch is most likely in an apartment. So Rossi could be talking about Hotch, or he could be talking about whatever the hell Morgan and JJ are doing, because they aren't helping Hotch.

And why isn't anyone helping Hotch? WTF is Emily doing on her phone? And how does she know in the first place?! She obviously isn't certain that something's wrong with Hotch, as she says "possible abduction of a federal officer", but she knows enough to be on the phone in the first place. And the timing between that call and her call to who seems to be Garcia is also tricky. If it's the reverse of the promo, then it makes some sense that maybe Emily is just the first one to call Garcia and fill her in. If it's the same sequence as is in the promo, Emily knows it's the Reaper before she knows that Hotch is definitely missing. That would imply that the Reaper called her and told her that he was killing her boss. Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, especially because if the Reaper got ahold of Hotch's phone the first number he'd call would be Morgan's.

Why the heck I just wrote all of that I have no idea. I think my first experience in capping has pushed me over the edge or something, because that's the most in-depth I've ever gone into a promo. I don't even think it makes sense. If it does make sense, it still shows that I put waaaaay too much faith in what I see in promos. But I'm in a weird combination of overload and withdrawal, so I don't even care anymore.

sorry, that wasn't a very useful comment!
Eh, at least someone remembered that this board is here. I didn't like replying to myself. :lol:

[JOHN] CAUCASIAN 50's BLUE COLLAR RURAL TYPE GUY: MUST HAVE VERY VERY BLUE EYES!!!!...He has an argument with our killer and the killer beats him over the head and kills him....COSTAR
1) "very very blue eyes"... what, is that what the argument is about?
2) I wonder why they're adding this so far after the other casting call went out?

Season 4 Bloopers (SpoilerTV link, so may not work for some)

Okay, why does a guest star who gets killed need to have very very blue eyes? :lol: I don't get that. What difference does his eye color make?

Well obviously the killer hate's blue-eyed people. So he goes up to "John" and says that he hates John's eyes. John yells at him that that's a stupid thing to dislike. The UnSub then says that he hates obnoxious people with very blue eyes even more, and proceeds to beat him to death.

Yeah, that's right. Just try to come up with a better explanation.

:guffaw:

Yeah, that could be it. People are crazy enough to hate people for stupid reasons like that, so I can see that. But, why does the actor have to have blue eyes? I mean, there is such a thing as colored contacts. :lol:

Point. Maybe they're tired of running lines and want to narrow down the amount of people they get. *g*

I want to know the qualification for "very blue eyes". Bright blue? Dark blue? Regular blue? Light blue? Be specific! :lol:

If I was acting on a show I'd volunteer to read lines with tryouts, if only to see who thought they fit the casting call.

If I was acting on a show I'd volunteer to read lines with tryouts, if only to see who thought they fit the casting call.

I totally think they should let the actors from the show read with auditionees. that one vid of the tryout for NY.... The guy (I guess he's a director/producer or something) would have totally thrown me off if I were audtioning. :lol:

Last edited:
^I guess the only problem with that is that I would show up to an audition just to see the actors. They'd have to pick some random guest actor that they already have. Because if I heard that I'd be in the same room as a CM actor just for auditioning, I'd either A) go to said audition and have a heart attack B) go to every audition or C) go to said audition and just stare blankly with my mouth open. :lol:

^I guess the only problem with that is that I would show up to an audition just to see the actors. They'd have to pick some random guest actor that they already have. Because if I heard that I'd be in the same room as a CM actor just for auditioning, I'd either A) go to said audition and have a heart attack B) go to every audition or C) go to said audition and just stare blankly with my mouth open. :lol:

Well, of couse they would have to refrain from telling people who'd they be auditioning with. They wouldn't know until they got there. :lol:

By the way, does anyone happen to know how old Hotch's son is supposed to be now?

I'm so anxious for the new season and what it'll bring for the characters. I haven't read the spoilers, so I don't know anything about what's going to happen. Criminal Minds is definitely a show that I make a point of watching every week.

Oh, rockyshadow. You're in for a hell of a season premiere. Other than that, we know nothing, so we're all in the same boat spoiler-wise. *g* Welcome to the CM board, by the way. I'm Tciddaisc, also known as Alex (name, not screenname, that's someone else), the resident smartass and Obsessive One. The poster above you is GNRF, the resident admin and Sane One. :lol:

GNRF- Well if his son was born at some point in the first season, he's probably around four now if you take into consideration the time jumps. (The month or two from Minimal Loss to Paradise, that several-month period that Elle was on leave, etc.)

Oh, and I wouldn't care about who was running auditions. If they mentioned at all that the actors sometimes read, I'd just show up to every single one. :lol:

Last edited:
Hmmm. You did not introduce me. This makes me feel unloved.

*Sigh* I went away again and you talked... A lot. I would have replied to you...

There isn't much to talk about on here. We have, like, NO spoilers. How sad.

Also, Alex, you're magical. Can I have some pretty CM picture things to use on the site?

Last edited:
Aw. I'm sorry, Bryn, you hadn't posted in a bit and I didn't want to confuse. rockyshadow, the poster above me is Bryn, an admin on my site as well as the resident Organizer (which just means that she keeps me on task, since I have a tendency to go ADD during conversations on here). She's also the former New Poster, if I'm not mistaken. And she's the Patient One, which means that she doesn't get as crazily excited as I do. :D

You're allowed to reply late, Bryn. Just put some reference to what you're talking about. I don't mind going back to things that I've rambled about.

Yeah, no spoilers. It's really annoying. Well, not "annoying" per se. More disappointing in a "I really want to know what's going to happen" kind of way. I wonder if...
they're avoiding spoiler pics and whatnot so as not to spoil what happens with Hotch and Reid in the premiere?

Also, Alex, you're magical. Can I have some pretty CM picture things to use on the site?
Yes, I am magical. :lol: I need a bit more clue as to what you want, though, because I'm not psychic. PM me with whatever you need.

Welcome,rockyshadow:)

This is the first season premiere that I will be watching live and I have to say that I am really excited.I am confident that Hotch will survive but I am dying to see how it plays out.All I know is that it will be a not to miss episode .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back