Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
~You know that stereotype about Hispanics having big families? True.

~She reminds so much of Abby from NCIS... She's really very sad and worried but manages to cheer everyone up. You can't NOT love Garcia. It is not done.

~Convenient? I have no idea what in the heck I'm doing this year. The first day is Monday and I'm so totally lost it's ridiculous. I have decided to hide with my middle school French teacher.

~I'll have to look it up somehow.

~They have a lot of PTSD, lol. But it is true. They are very angsty, whereas other TV crime-fighters are, like, happy the episode after they're kidnapped. I happen to like angst.

~Your rambling is good. I totally agree, especially about Rossi and Hotch caring so much... Which, I think, is what I said in my last post... But you're also right about hwo they NEED the job. Plus, now they're now so damaged that they CAN'T do anything else.

~Haha. I love reading and TV, so combining them just makes me happy. And then my parents can't say I'm glued to the TV... Heh heh.

~I was answering that. My character wasn't TOO beat up... More like emotionally disturbed by the UNSUB (A la Pam Nunan from Bones). And she is now beating herself up for getting into that situation.

~Good point. Except Garcia is the "Baby Sister's Best Friend", so, at least for me, tis okay.

~... What were you referring to in your last two points? *is confused*

~:lol:

~Yeah, she is a bit like Abby. And if you don't like Garcia then something is wrong with you. You have to like her at least a little bit.

~It gets easier, trust me. The shell shock doesn't last too long. You'll get used to it.

~*nods* It wasn't my favorite, but it was pretty good.

~CM understands that being affected doesn't make you weak. Which is why Reid was still affected by his kidnapping a full season later.

~Right. They can't do anything else because they need to help people. It's the only way they can survive what they've been through. They need to know that in the end they save people.

~Exactly. If I'm reading I'm not on my computer, so my parents can't complain because I'm reading.

~Emotional distress is just as good as physical distress, when you're going for reactions.

~Well, yeah, Garcia is that for me too, which is why I don't mind her flirting with Morgan. It's when you get involved in shipping the other guys that I get my "ABSOLUTELY NOT" attitude on.

~Erm... the "Seconded" was referring to you saying that you feel like you haven't watched CM in forever. The last point was a reply to how you said that I understood what you had said. I was saying that I understood what you said because I've thought about Emily's damage more than that of the others.

~Gracias.

~Haha. If someone didn't like Garcia I would call them a psychopath.

~I sure hope so. I'm a little freaked out right now.

~Because, you know, in real life, people are AFFECTED by things. And they STAY affected.

~Defintely. They have to have a REAL purpose.

~My parents used to get mad at me for reading all of the time. Then I found the computer and TV.

~Yes. And because my book is kind of... Well, it has a lot of pairings. And so there's a lot of comfort. Which is nice. Oh, and some very poignant talks from a very Hotch-like character.

~I don't understand people who ship Hotch/Emily or especially Hotch/J.J. I'm like, "Those are his KIDS!"

~Oh, okay. I just thought you had seen CM recently because you have DVDs... And I think I understand Emily the best, too.

~Denada. (I butchered that spelling. Sorry.)

~Or at least a person with absolutely no sense of humor.

~I was completely freaked out, too. I had a mini-mental breakdown to my cousin the week before my 8th grade graduation. But after the first week or so you start to get comfortable and realize that high school is pretty much just a slightly larger version of middle school.

~Definitely. Everything about CM might not be 100% accurate, but at least they understand people.

~And without that purpose, they might have even ended up UNSUBs themselves.

~My household was always a more reading-based household instead of a sports-based reading household. In fact, I only really played sports to have something to do when I was a kid. I don't really like going outside, actually. :lol: So my parents have never really complained about me reading a lot.

~I love how characters that you love slowly make their way into characters that you create. You might make a character a certain way because you really like how another character has developed on screen or in a book.

~Oh heck yes. So we understand each other perfectly.

~Well, I have seen CM recently, but I haven't seen any new CM recently. I can always rewatch things, but it's never the same as a brand new episode.

I think it's funny that I don't personally identify with Emily, but she's the one I understand the best, characterization wise. I just love the character, so I love figuring things out about her. I love that she's kind of, like, secretly a geek. (Geek? Maybe I identify with her more than I thought. *laughs*)

~It's just two seperate words. De nada.

~True. I had a semi-shipper thought... It works for J.J. as well as for Garcia... They're so cute you kind of have to want to protect them.

~I started freaking out after orientation, when I realized how crazy it's going to be getting to all of my classes.

~On other shows, there are characters people dislike because they're stereotypical or two-dimensional, but that problem doesn't exist on CM.

~That's true. Which is why it may work to have Elle become and UNSUB... If she does we get to credit ourselves as geniuses.

~I play sports, but mainly do dance and gymnastics. It wasn't the fact that I was reading and not playing outside, more like I would be late to rehearsal or I was reading at the table that made them mad.

~Well, my character is the head of a profilinf unit, so he kind of morphed himself into Hotch/CSI:NY's Mac. But mainly Hotch. I now like this character very much.

~Lol. When I first started watching CM, I was talking to my CM Veteran friends and told them I liked Morgan/Garcia and kind of Reid/J.J. and then they told me also Hotch/Emily. I was like, "No..."

~I haven't seen ANYTHING. Leverage comes on at the same time as the Wednesday repeats, so I've missed those, and I'm never home on Friday nights to catch them on A&E.

~I think I identify with her inner geekiness. ;) I think I identify with her a lot, though. Her and J.J., so I kind of get them.

~Ah, okay. I was close. ;)

~True. It kind of reminds me of when people don't expect the "person you spoke to on the phone" to be the pretty blonde in the background. :lol:

~Yeah, that's always fun. Once you've been there a little while you realize that you start to know how all of the hallways are connected, and which ones are the most crowded, so you start to figure out the fastest routes to the classes.

~No, it doesn't. People still dislike characters, but it's never because the characters are typical.

~That would be fun. "We called that months ago!" There's a first time for everything. :lol:

~Haha, I've done that. It reminds me of when my Chem teacher caught me writing in class while I was taking notes, and when she noticed that I was keeping up with the notes and writing, she just walked away. I don't think I've ever been late to something because of reading... oh, wait, no. I commonly read when I'm supposed to be getting ready. My mom thinks that I'm the slowest person to get ready ever, but I just usually am not really getting ready. *laughs*

~I know, I tend to like my character-based characters more than the ones the I just made up. I think that's why I tend to go easier on them, damage-wise.

~It almost makes me glad that none of my friends watch CM. I'd probably go on a twenty-minute tirade if they did and they shipped any of the Kids with each other or Mom or Dad. I can debate you on CM for hours, don't mess with me, shippers! *sits in corner with self-righteousness* :lol:

~...Check your Inbox.

~I can definitely identify with her inner geekness. I'm a blue-eyed blonde that lives near Pennsylvania, so I can kind of identify with JJ, too. *g*

~Haha. Good job.

~Hahaha true. But you have to love them. They're so cute and sweet...

~Yeah. I figured out middle school pretty quickly.

~Like, I dislike Reid, but he's not normal, so it's not because of that.

~Hahaha. "We had the reasons and everything!"

~Oh, please. I write in class all of the time. I was in French writing, and my teacher asked me a question. I was like, "I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention." She asked again and I kept writing. But I have gone to gymnastics with no make-up on and gotten in trouble because "It doesn't take you thirty minutes to put on a leotard!" hahahah.

~I just made him very fatherly. My main character isn't really based on anyone. But, you know, she and the other character not based on anyone do have the most damage done to them while the ones based on known characters do not... Hmmm.

~I got my best friend into CM... But yeah, that was annoying. I mostly ignore them. They're no where near as fangirl-ish. So, they bore me.

~I did. And I appreciate it. =]

~CM has no Hispanic characters, so... Hahaha. But Emily is SECRETLY a geek, and outwardly pretty cool... And she's sarcastic, which I totally am.

~I take Latin in school. So any progress in an actually used language? Is good.

~Yup. They're the two that people are always second guessing. And then they get pwned by the computer whiz and the ace shot. (Seriously. JJ hits what she aims at.)

~Then you should figure out high school pretty quickly, too. Don't worry about it.

~Reid isn't my favorite character, but I don't think I really dislike any of the characters on CM. (Except for Strauss, but that's pretty much a given. She's not a main character anyway.)

~Yeah, and we have written proof.

~I write all of the time, too. My math teacher would laugh at me because I'm, like, known for always having a notebook open. I got a 96 in Honors Pre-Calculus, so she wasn't about to complain.

...It would probably take me 30 minutes to put on a leotard. *shivers from memories of my one year of dance class*

~Oh look, now we're profiling each other. :lol:

~No problem. :)

~*raises hand* I'm sarcastic! I love Emily's sarcasm. I also love that you wouldn't think she was a geek. And then she knows what kind of outlet is in a wall. (A Higher Power) Really, who knows that? Besides contractors and electricians and maybe real estate agents?

~Who should we move on to next, since we're running out of bullets again?

~I've always spoke Spanish, and am now taking French. They laugh at me because I sound ridiculously Hispanic when I speak French. Which, is I suppose is a given, because I sound ridiculously Hispanic when I speak English.

~Haha. She hit that James Colby Baylor guy straight in the head, and that was the first time she shot anybody. So... Clearly, she's good.

~Bah. I worry about everything.

~Haha. I think Strauss is there to be hated. And I'm the only person I know who doesn't like Reid. My two previously mentioned friends are, like, in love with him. Clearly, I cannot seriously discuss CM with them.

~Haha. It's dated, too.

~I carry around at least five notebooks. No lie. I was carrying around more notebooks for stories than stuff for class. It's kind of sad, actually.

~Lol. But I have to do quick changes during performances, so my mom knows I can change tights, leotard, tutu and hair accessories in about five minutes, so... She expects the leotard thing to take about two seconds. However, comma, reading while putting on a leotard? Takes a lot longer.

~Hahah. We shall go work at the BAU prepared.

~Emily is such a geek, but doesn't show it. Like when her and Morgan were talking about those books... I loved it, because that is totally something I would do. And I appreciate her humor. My favorite Emily Moment was when she said she had a date with her hot tub and proceeded to tell Morgan he wasn't invited.

~Hmmm. I don't know. Because we always end up coming back to Emily anyway.

~You would think it would be funnier if you didn't have a Hispanic accent when you were speaking French.

~Well, that we know of. But really. Three shots/three dogs. She don't miss.

~I worry about things until I convince myself not to. At the moment I'm distracting myself from panicking over the college thing.

~You do not mess with my favorite character. Bad things will happen. *laughs* I like Reid better after last season, but he's not my favorite. I'd like him more if his hair was the length it was in The Angel Maker and Minimal Loss, honestly.

~I tend to write in clips, so I only use one notebook. And then I search through it for pieces of the different stories. Unless I have a three-subject, because then I can separate it by the three main stories that I'm working on.

~Well of course.

~Yeah. Although I'm going to avoid the Crimes Against Children department. Because I was watching P911 and I noticed that if I worked in that department I would just start shooting people.

~Yep, it's hilarious. She's not as smart as Reid, but she's smarter than you might think, y'know?

~True. Our points either go back to Emily or go back to Rossi, every time. They're my favorite characters, so that's probably my fault.

~Hahaha. That WOULD be funny. But my two best friends are Bosnian and Italian, so we're pretty cool with the whole accent thing.

~Lots of target practice, I guess. The girl is GOOD.

~Haha. Is it sad that I've already decided what colleges I want to apply to? And you wouldn't think I'd be afraid, because my brother managed quite well. But... yeah.

~He is a lot better this season. Druggie!Reid was BAD. But I cann't connect with him at all. And when something happens to him, I'm like, "Great. Another Reid-centric episode. That makes... Most of them."

~I have seperate notebooks for most of my longer stories, and then a few for general stuff. And I always carry all of them, because what if I have an idea for DJ/S but only have the Blog notebook? bad things will happen, that's what.

~Lol. I have also read while I was supposed to be cleaning and said that the book "fell open". She didn't buy that, either.

~I was thinking about whether I would do better in Crimes Against Adults or Crimes Against Children... I decided that Crimes Against Adults would allow me to sleep better, but I'd me more passionate about Crimes Against Children. It could go either way, I guess. But you're right. In CAC, I'd just want to open fire.

~They're ALL smart. But they never get credit because they didn't graduate at twelve.

~Emily is my favorite, followed by Morgan. I could probably talk him for a while.

-I wish I could actually speak more than a few phrases in a language other than English... :lol:

-Maybe the reason she's so good with a gun is because she's so good with darts... Aim is aim, isn't it? :lol:

-And this is why I'm glad I'm out of college... :lol:

-I've always liked Reid. Maybe that's because he's always getting into some trouble (I'm sadistic about my characters, too), but there isn't really a character currently on the show that I don't like. The only one I really didn't like was Elle. Gideon was okay.

-I used to always have notebooks in class in high school. In college, I just used my laptop. :lol:

-They're all smart, but they don't have the same IQ. And I think it's also different types of smart, if that makes sense. Meaning, Reid's book smart with the reading skills and all that stuff. The others are book smart, but they also have street smarts. Reid's learning, though.

-I can't say who's my favorite. But I wasn't a big fan of Jordan, either. I love the team, though. :)

~I'm... South Jersian? Lol, I don't really think I have an accent. If you heard me talk you'd probably think I did, but New Jersey accents are kind of... plain.

~Yep. They should let JJ play with guns more often. She'd have the highest hit rate of any of them.

~Considering I haven't decided that yet? Yes. Actually, I'm a procrastinator, so probably not. And just because your brother did fine doesn't mean that you can't be a bit nervous about it. It is high school. The schooling is the same as middle school, but the atmosphere is a little different. And once you get to sophomore year, you start thinking that you're cooler than you are. :lol:

~There are a lot of Reid-centric episodes, yeah. He just needs to relax a bit.

~Wow, you're a bit more obsessed with that than I am, aren't you, Bryn? But I mostly type my stories, so that's probably why. I carry around the flashdrive with the only story that I've started writing in chapter form all of the time, though, so I guess if I didn't have that I'd have a bad day.

~That's why when I'm cleaning I tend to use my portable DVD player. It's much easier to claim "but I was watching it while I was working".

~Yeah, I'd just be tempted to shoot everyone I caught, so that probably wouldn't be the best thing for me. It's probably a job that makes you feel better about yourself, but I'd probably end up with major issues.

~You'd appreciate the line from Jump Cut (book), then. Before the BAU got there, an FBI agent was talking to one of the local cops about the team, and how Gideon was quiet but extremely smart. The cop asked if he was smart, and the FBI agent said, "With these guys around? You wouldn't even be in the top 10."

And, yeah, Reid's more book smart.

~You're welcome to bring up a topic on Morgan.

~I have an accent, but you can understand me. My parents, however? Listen well.

~Haha. I think all the other team members would be surprised.

~Hahaha. I certainly hope so. Plus, I have to live up to my brother's reputation. Which will NOT be easy. Woo-hoo.

~I just feel like all of the episodes revolve around Reid, Hotch and occasionally Rossi. True, we got 'Demonology' and 'House on Fire', but that's about it for the other characters. I think they feel neglected.

~Lol. I just can't type while I'm at school, so I have to write it out. And I'm a little bit OCD on occasion, so I like to keep those things organized. And I write 24/7. So... Maybe.

~I have one of those in my room and Angel DVDs... Which I need to watch. But I can imagine that going over a lot better than the book "fell open".

~I'll probably end up screwed up and, like, never letting my kids out of the house.

~Reid is more book smart and the others have cop smarts. Which, when working with cops, isn't so great. So, everyone's like, "Reid's so smart," but I think the others are more well-rounded. And just as good at profiling. Maybe I'm just biased to not like Reid. It's funny, until we started talking, I didn't think I had that big of a problem with him...

~I'm not so good at coming up with the topics. I guess I just like male characters who are protective and such. Like Booth. Or Morgan. Because he's nice and protective of women. I've just realized how little we've seen of him recently.

By the way, Alex, your signature thing makes me sad.

~I volunteer at the local library and there's this woman... she doesn't come in much but she calls on the phone and she has a heavy accent that sounds Eastern European. It's practically impossible to understand her. She usually just asks for the woman that's my supervisor because she holds books for her, but when my supervisor isn't there... *head pain*

~Kind of like the look on Hotch's face when JJ performed a headshot through thick glass. He looked a bit surprised. But HotchSurprised, which means he just raised his eyebrows slightly.

~It's actually kind of worse to be the person that is supposed to make the reputation. Because then when if you screw something up but your "siblings" don't, they mock you for eternity and there's nothing you can do to fix it.

~Rossi's had a few episodes focused on him, but not too many. Hotch seems to be challenging Reid's InDanger record, though. Feel free to injure Emily or Rossi or Morgan, people. Or JJ, next season.

~I can't type in school, either, but I don't like to use my locker, so I really can't carry around five notebooks all day. I'm OCD, too, but not really with organization. My room is... not good.

~You can always use the "I was just listening to it" excuse. Unless you're using an audiobook, you can't do that with books.

~Yeah. Don't need that.

~No, it makes sense. Reid needs to work on his cop skills. He's brilliant and can profile and knows things no one should know, but there are times the the others make connections that he seems completely lost on. The perfect example of his lack of people skills is in Profiler, Profiled when he's talking to Morgan's family about how cops are just as likely to be criminals as regular people. The entire time Emily's staring at him like "Really, Reid? Really?"

~How about... do you think that Morgan's any more damaged than we've already seen?

~I needed something fresh in my sig. Not that I didn't like the one I had, but I'd much rather wait until the new season and get better-quality pictures. Plus, I made "Geeks With Guns" my profile picture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back