Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

You might try the Criminal Minds Wiki, electra. I'm not familiar with how the bios are, but they do a good enough job on the episodes. (Sorry that the link is to an episode page. It was the one I had saved in my bookmarks.)

You're right about the pregnancy storyline. I didn't like how they handled the same basic storyline on NY or Without a Trace, so the fact that CM managed to pull it off without me completely cringing is a plus. Although I would like to know where Will went, since he's been MIA for a full season. Unless in my not-really-watching of the episode in which JJ gave birth I missed him.

2. electra

electra Pathologist

Thanks,tciddaisc.So far I have only watched some episodes of the last 2 seasons but I am liking it so much that I will buy the whole serie online soon. Reid and Morgan are my favorites but I like the rest of the cast as well.

And Yeah,WAT and CSI NY could have learned a lot about criminal minds.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I didn't know the show until I randomly turned it on out of interest in Gideon's departure in S3, and now I have S2 and S3 on DVD.

I love the cast. I can't imagine the show without any of them, which is interesting since Emily wasn't in S1 or the beginning of S2. (So my imagination must really suck...)

Proof that CM writers are better than NY writers: Elle didn't show up later only to be killed off. Win!

4. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Tciddiasc, I read your review of CM season finale and enjoyed it. CM is my other "favorite" show and I don't know which one I would pick if I had to choose just one. I have watched since S1 and am excited/scared about the cliffhanger. Don't really want Hotch to die! Please...no!!!

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Thanks, CSICupcake. :)

Hm. Out of all of my favorite shows, it would come down to my most-recent love, Psych, and CM. But CM would win, hands down. It's freaking addictive. Damn you, show! (Just kidding. Please, be addicting. Because the longer you are the better your episodes will get until my TV will explode from awesomeness. And then I'll just get a better TV.)

6. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Lol, CM is addicting. And I hope it shall always be. This show has some of the best writers for television, hands down.

I FINALLY saw 'Lucky' last Friday and am SO ready to watch 'Penelope' tomorrow... Fantastic.

7. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

He was by her side at the hospital in the last scene... Reid shook his hand. :)

But yeah, I'm a much bigger fan of JJ's pregnancy than Lindsay's. I didn't watch WAT enough to see how they handled Sam's pregnancy...

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oh, I could count the number of full WaT episodes I've seen on two hands. I just know the basics were that she had a one-night stand and ended up pregnant and now apparently has feelings for the guy she at first didn't really trust or something and it just makes my head hurt.

Lindsay's might have been hindered by my feelings on D/L.

Yay, Will didn't completely disappear. He'd better be in it at least one or two times next season. Not that I'm complaining with TPTB keeping personal lives to a minimum, but there's a difference between minimum and not at all. :)

9. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i swear y cnt they just get a couple to fall in love get married and THEN have a baby. what happened to true romance instead of jst jumpin into bed wit each other:guffaw: oh well i suppose that wouldnt be drama:lol::p

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well of course. How else could they show that they're in a relationship on TV? That has to be the only way. (Okay, that was hypocritical since I did the same thing in one of my stories. Ignore me.)

I suppose it's just one of those things that's hard to do on TV. They never seem to think that they have the time to draw out relationships. Then, when actresses get pregnant, they have to scramble to either find a way to cover it up or find a way to incorporate it. Unless the character is already married; then it's easy.

11. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

On Law and Order: Criminal Intent, they did it really weird... It's true that when actresses get pregnant, they have to hurry up and have them jump in bed with someone. Pregnancies would be so much cooler if they happened between two people ready for it.

Actually, I'm surprised A.J. Cook let them write in that her character was pregnant out of wedlock. She (awesomely) will not do things that go against her beliefs. She doesn't even cuss on the show.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's awesome.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Seconded.

I suppose that maybe she figured that there wasn't many different ways they could do it. Maybe she was worried that the alternate storyline would be ridiculous. (But not as ridiculous as "going into space", because we're better than that.)

14. electra

electra Pathologist

Does anyone else on the cast have a stable relationship? I have only seen JJ and I like the way they did it.

I just watched the episode about Reid father and I am in love with the show even more.I will spend the summer watching season 1 and 2.

15. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Hocth was married for a while and GArcia is now dating Kevin Lynch (Ugh.), bit, otherwise, it just mentions characters going on casual dates. They did do a good job with JJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.