Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Alex O'Loughlin...he seemed familiar, so i looked him up. He was in Feed, the most twisted movie i have ever seen. And i have seen a lot of sick movies. He also wrote that movie...no wonder he gave me the creeps watching this eppy.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The title of that movie made me think it was a Zombie movie, so I looked it up cause I wondered why my bro had never seen it (he watches all the zombie movies lol), but then I read the description. Yuck... I'll pass on that one. :lol:

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Now, all of this stuff is from Wikipedia, so I can't guarantee accuracy at all, but a few things interested me that I wanted to point out. Italics are things I wanted to draw attention to.

Amplification:
    The BAU responds quickly after a serial killer releases a new strain of a deadly virus that threatens the public, which puts a member of the team at risk.
    To Hell... And Back I:
    In one of its most difficult cases, the BAU is called to Detroit to help track down a serial killer who chooses junkies, prostitutes and the homeless off the streets of Detroit as his victims and forces the team into Canada to catch him.
    To Hell... And Back II:
    The BAU continues its search for a serial killer who has forced the team into Canada to catch him and has placed a team member's life in danger.

Okay, first of all, Canada? I'm intrigued, mostly because the BAU is totally U.S. Federal and I don't think they'd have any power in Canada. They can use their crimefighting abilities, but can they, like, be cops and have guns and whatnot? Maybe if it's a joint investigation...?

Secondly: this means that at least two team members are in danger as we wind down, which is interesting. I'm curious as to which two they are, and which one is in what category. I'd be okay with one of them being Prentiss (I'm evil to my favorite characters. Leave me alone.), but if either is JJ I'll most likely be annoyed. Why? Because I hope they don't pull the "dramatic almost-loss of the new mother".

If anyone has any spoilers, please share. Even if you have to PM me instead of posting here. *begs*

Random note: Next season's nine episode should be the 100th. Woot!

4. athens

athens Coroner

The next episodes look really interesting and I can't wait for them :D..Without thinking much about it in or reasearching in the next episode Hotch might be the one in danger.If you've seen the promo he is in a car crush,he says hold on to s0meone but I don't if it is a team member or someone else.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, I saw that in the promo, but that's for the next episode. There are four left. I the next episode is called Roadkill, and that's the one with the car, so the two people in danger from above have nothing to do with that episode. I hope it's a team member in the car with Hotch because they'd have the best reaction to Hotch driving straight at another car in the infamous SUV.

(Speaking of the infamous SUV- I'm waiting for something to happen to the plane. *laughs*)

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Just saw the episode! Wow, amazing! I felt bad for both the kid and the killer. I hate feeling bad for the killer :( But it was such a good episode.

But mine got cut off at the end. Did Morgan answer the kid? What did he say?

7. GregNickRyanFan

He didn't answer him, he just put his hand on the boy's face in a comforting manner, gave him a sad look and then walked away and the boy cried into his foster mom's shoulder.

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

There are two things I've been wondering about for a while:

1) Why Rossi came back. Have they ever explained that? I know they've asked him, but I don't remember him ever giving an answer.
    2) Does the rest of the team know why Emily tried to resign two years ago.

I'm waiting to be able to order season two on Amazon. I'm starting to be able to recite season three word for word. *laughs*

9. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Yeah, the bread in the wounds was yucky, but wasn't anybody else bothered by the very realistic-looking murder of the real estate agent? He stabbed her, blood spurted, and we watched her die. I didn't care for the whole snuff film aspect.

10. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

That was a sad episode, I really felt bad for the poor young boy. (The kid who portrayed him was a great actor!) Oh man what annoyed me was the OCD characteristics, my friends kept doing that tik tik sound that the unsub did for a week. Sorry if this a silly question, but why would he put the bread crumbs in his wounds?

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~I don't know what Garcia and Kevin were talking about. I was busy eating, so a bunch of comments I forgot about.
    ~WHO THE HELL RUNS STRAIGHT AWAY FROM A SPEEDING TRUCK?!
    ~Who is that actor? I know that I know him... (The one Cop of the Week)
    ~True, they could have known how long it would take the liquid to completely come out. But how did he know how long it would be before she got to her car, since if she came too early or too late the tank would've been more/less full.
    ~And again, victims are really really dumb. And that guy in the elevator was no help at all.
    ~"I used to do a lot of things." Oh, Emily. I see you're getting in your weekly quota of Mysterious Yet Awesome.
    ~The characters wear a lot of red on this show. Particularly Prentiss.
    ~Reason #7862 to watch CM: Lots and lots of kevlar.
    ~Hold on, why is Morgan calling for Rossi? I don't really care because I like Rossi, but isn't Hotch his boss?
    ~Oh, nice. Make it easy why don't you, bike-dude.
    ~Okay, that was a very interesting look from JJ there after the slightly odd-sounding line about why the UnSub never unpacked... I can't remember the line exactly at the moment, because I got distracted.
    ~Hotch, you are awesome.
    ~And the CM Token SUV takes damage!
    ~A tiny bit dissappointed that the passenger wasn't one of the team members. But it's okay.
    ~Driving off a cliff? Something about that, with that road, is almost like "PUT GUARDRAILS IN!".
    ~Aw, Garcia, he totally caught you. Epic Fail, by the way. :lol:

GRADE: Ehr... A-. I love the concept of using a car as a serial killer. It would've been a solid A, but the victims were just DUMB.

Dude. It's always Reid. The guy can't catch a break. It never fails. Can you tell that I wish it was anyone but Reid? (And I'm serious. I'd take Rossi, Prentiss, JJ, Morgan, Hotch... hell, even Garcia before Reid on this one.)

Bright side- it can't be Reid in the finale.

ETA: About the Cop of the Week, I can't believe I didn't realize. He was a sniper on Standoff and EDDIE WILLOWS. Good Lord, how did I miss that? :lol:

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Tciddaisc, haven't seen the episode yet, but imdb.com shows the following:

Detective Quinn was played by Timothy Carhart (Eddie Willows, Catherine's ex on CSI). And you call yourself a CSI addict! He has also been a guest on L&O: CI, 24, Standoff, X-Files, and more.

Or do you mean Officer Feder. He was played by Gerald Downey, who has been a guest on Leverage, Boston Legal, Scrubs, Frasier, NCIS, and other shows.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oh, so I probably recognized both. How convenient. But I realized it was Eddie after I posted (edit).

Thanks, Dynamo!

14. GregNickRyanFan

Did anyone else crack up when Rossi said a nice car needs love and JJ goes "and a woman doesn't?" and Rossi replied that he wasn't qualified to answer that question. And then Hotch looked at him and kinda smirked or something. :lol: That scene was funny.

Garcia and Kevin were funny. Loved that he caught her. :lol: Glad he isn't going anywhere. I love the two of them together and plus I love Nicky Brendon. Him being on there kinda eases the blow of BTVS no longer being on. :lol: Though i wish he'd lose the glasses. :lol: Or at least wear some with less thick frames or something. :lol: I loved that he wasn't mad at her for hacking the system and causing the job to go bye-bye. I thought for a minute there he was gonna say the three magic words. :lol:

That was Eddie Willows? Ha! I didn't notice. I forgot what Eddie even looked like. :lol:

Dude, why do they always have to pick on Spen? My poor Spencer. :hugs him: He better be okay. He's my favorite thing about the show.

My brother said Spencer always looks anemic. He doesn't even watch the show every week. :lol: He said something the dark circles under his eyes.

About the victims not getting out of the way, my bro commented on that too. He was like "why do they always act like these people are stupid in these situations?" :lol: He said the guy in the parking garage should have gone for the stairs right off.

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I know this is a weird part to comment on, but... I remembered that there was something mentioned about his dark circles on a Wiki page:

"The dark circles around his eyes are natural and he has an aversion to having makeup applied to hide this Dark Eye Syndrome"

Now... I don't know that "Dark Eye Syndrome" actually exists, but apparently he likes his naturally occurring dark circles. :D

Oh, and he never wears matching socks.

My apologies if you already knew all this useless trivia!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.