Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

If we're going by rank as in title, they're all Supervisory Special Agents. Hotch and Rossi are Senior Supervisory Special Agents. In-team seniority is probably closer to what Destiny said, but at the same time Emily seems more at even rank with the rest of them. I'm sure if we're going by how they've been in the BAU, that's it, but I feel like in-team there's more of a blur between ranks among the troops.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Basically my ranking was that of who has been there the longest based on what we have seen so far, with the exception of Rossi. I do agree that it is team based, now the director would probably go that way, but my guess would if neither Hotch or Rossi was available the person who would in charge next would be based on the case while as a team as a whole would do as they do now support each other.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

See, this is why Criminal Minds is so awesome. None of this lame fight for power. (One could argue that when Prentiss came in she was pretty ambitious, but she almost gave up her job to avoid those ambitions, so I'm going to forget about that. Plus, it wasn't really a fight for power, persay.)

How did everyone like "Brothers in Arms"?

4. athens

athens Coroner

Thanks Destiny and Ovejaras :)..That was what I was asking .. I will agree with you about Strauss ;)

^I liked it.I can't remember many episodes that the BAU's abilities were questioned.They also showed that they really as smart and know about criminals with the way the guy was going after Hotch.IMO it was one of the good episodes but of course they've had better..

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Strauss is annoying as hell. Trying to make Emily betray the team, AND get Hotch off the team. I wanted her to get targeted by that serial killer for that. :scream:

I liked the episode. I agree with you, Xmas'in'athens, about how the team doesn't usually get questioned, at least not as much as they did in this episode. At first I wondered if that detective-ish guy was the killer, but then I realized that the camera was doing the "red-herring" movement around him, so I dropped that theory. :lol:

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

So, tonight's episode:

-Car chases! And Emily and Reid both look like Morgan's going to kill them by car.
    -Hallucinations. I was confused at first because I thought Hotch, Rossi, and Jordan found an empty house and I didn't know why they were looking all dramatically. :lol:
    -Rossi is all nice and comforting. What happened to Anger-Management Man? (Not that I'm necessarily complaining, mind you.)
    -Jordan is all "I don't think I can do this job". Well, good. Go away.
    -JJ! HI! Long time no see! PLEASE COME BACK! PLEASE!

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: at Derek with the baby.

Derek: He's smiling at Derek Morgan.
    Emily: Gas.

JJ to Hotch: You're smiling.
    Hotch: Gas. :guffaw:

Loved Rossi's father-like moment with Jordan. Calling her "kiddo". Very cute. He's the sweetest. :adore:

Reid in the back of that car while Morgan was driving made me :lol:

And in that house, I knew by the looks on the BAU members faces that those rooms weren't empty, but then they kept going back to the chase scene and showing the wife and kids and I was a little confused. I thought maybe the chase happened earlier or something. :lol: The Morgan told the guy his family wasn't in there. And I was like oh ok dude was imagining it.

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I loved last night's episode. Also, I love love love Mitch Pileggi, and I though he did a great job in this one.

Morgan with the baby was adorable :D

9. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Agree, adore Mitch Pileggi, too. He was so believable it was scary (It's Criminal Minds/Profiler; what was I expecting???).

I'm so glad they did the whole baby scene. The resolution of the case was such a downer, I was about to go away completely depressed, not a good thing for the last new epi before Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza, etc. Morgan and the baby let me walk out with a smile on my face.

10. athens

athens Coroner

I think this episode and the case was really good.Shocking,depressing but good.

I loved the last scene also..The fact that they were all happy to see the baby and JJ was nice...:)

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

THis was a shocking episode, and horrific, the poor guy so sad and depressed by his daughters death, couldn't function anymore and became dellusional and freaky, and started killing at random.. and when he was driving with his family [not really] I thought so too, and than the team found his family slaughtered, I cried, the character who portrayed this sad character was really convincing. The last scene was sweet!

12. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Like the rest of you, I knew what had happened to the family when I saw the look on the team's faces. The only thing I wondered was, when did those killings happen? Hotch turned up his nose as if he smelled something bad, so I wondered if it had been quite a while ago.
    In the first scene, when the husband and wife are getting ready and he looks at all the car models and then puts the gun in the gift box, was he already alone and hallucinating? That would blow the theory that shooting the woman driver was what sparked his killing spree.

13. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Mitch Pileggi was great in this episode. He really did a very good job in showing his character evolution or de-evolution in madness. I'm am trying to pinpoint when he may have killed his family. I think it was when he got out of bed after he(imagined?) had sex with his wife after the party. After he shot that woman on the highway he was on that high and that was when he killed his family. Maybe? It had to be within those first days. Or he killed his family first and the women he killed on the freeway just reminded him of his wife and therefore his inadequency so he killed her also? :confused: Good episode all around. Loved JJ being back with her son. I missed her.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*pets dusty thread* Okay, so I really want the show to come back. I'm watching way too many repeats. I'm going to start quoting the entirety of season three in my sleep pretty soon. Do you know how hard it is to watch an episode of a show when you've seen it so many times that you can point out the 50million things that are interesting/pertain at all to the case at hand.

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Relax. Only two more days till the next new episode. Since the last one, have you tried reading any of the Criminal Minds paperback novels? There are al least three out by Max Allan Collins, the author of several CSI books. (You might have to change your user name to Tciddasdnim.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.