Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Hey, great you found the CM-Thread, SciFiChick, welcome! :)
    Well, honestly we're trying to start episode discussions, but we're not analyzing every detail. (erm, well, I don't do that lol :D)
    But I'm looking forward to read your thoughts on the upcoming eps, it's such a great show, I got completely hooked (seriously, not fun anymore *coughs*)

On to your question:
    I think the team is very close in all, everyone of them cares about the other members. I'm not sure if Reid really has deeper feelings for Emily, more probably he feels guilty or worthless that Emily stepped in and took on for him, probably because of his experiences he made when he got abducted and tortured. But just a guess from my side... :)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Reid and Prentiss have a brother/sister like relationship. Reid used to have a crush on JJ though, but I'm sure that's over with. He seemed genuinely happy for JJ and Will when they announced their engagement and that they were expecting. I'm 98% sure that Reid is an only child (unless his father had more children after leaving Reid and his mentally unstable mother). So to him, those like Morgan and Prentiss are like siblings to him. I guess JJ's probably like his best friend. Hotchner, Gideon and now Rossi are probably pesuedo father figures. Especially Gideon since Reid was his student or whatever.

3. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I could see from the first eps that Reid definitely had a crush on JJ. I guess I want Reid to get some lovin'. He needs a girl. :adore:

4. GregNickRyanFan

Maybe Garcia's boyfriend Kevin has a sister they can hook Reid up with. :lol:

There was one ep a while ago where Reid did get a girl (at least I think he got a kiss anyway). She was a blonde if I recall. I wanna say she was a model or something and I also wanna say she was either deaf or blind, but I can't remember for sure. I think it was something to do with an art gallery and someone was stalking her or something. Reid stayed at her place and there was a scene where they were sitting out by the pool or something.

Anyone know what ep I'm talking about?

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yeah I remember that episode. It was season 1 episode 18. :)

I remember in 'Plain Sight' I think it was, when it was Reid's birthday and he asked JJ out to a Redskins game. It was so cute but they never built on that. There's an interview with AJ and she said she hoped JJ would hook up with Reid but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. :(

6. GregNickRyanFan

Nope, but if they had then the baby would be Reid's. :lol: Can you imagine Reid as a daddy. He'd be cute, but I wonder if he'd freak out every time the baby got a cough or something. :lol:

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yay, new CM episode tomorrow! I've been SO impatient about this. I've become more obsessed with this show than CSI. (*gasp* I went there! :lol:)

By the way, I was rewatching Lo-Fi because I got the DVDs, and when Cooper got shot I noticed something that I've been curious about. Bystanders are the least helpful people ever. They just stand and point as Cooper's bleeding on the street and Prentissis is calling her watch "Garcia". Obviously there's nothing helpful they could do, but I always thought it was funny that there are also people just watching as people are dying.

8. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Yeah, those are pretty amusing scenes, but not to far from real life. It's like watching the accident on the side of the highway as one drives by.

I watched 'Penelope' last week on CBS. OMG.. WHAT AN AMAZING EP!!!!! Morgan/Garcia all that hand hold and just shippiness to the nth degree. Oh I was in heaven. :adore:

9. GregNickRyanFan

Pretty decent episode. My thoughts I wrote down while watching:

Spencer: Thank you, Garcia.
    Garcia: You, my fine furry friends are welcome.
    Hotch: Remind me to have her drug tested. :guffaw:

The fact that he said this completely straight faced made it even funnier.

It was cute when JJ put the headphones on her belly for the baby to hear.

That kid in the flashback looks like the kid that played young Michael Myers in Rob Zombie's retelling of Halloween.

Sorry, but I had to LMAO when the perp got hit with that truck. Talk about karma! :lol: Karma has a sense of humor! Hehe.

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Who would have thought that little Wesley Crusher would grow up to be so evil?

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I can't really talk about everything I found interesting. If you really care: http://ssa-alexk.livejournal.com/

I thought Paradise was good. I didn't care that it was so similar to some horror movies. I was somewhat bored by the fact that there was so much focus on the couple, but it was okay. I think some of the next episodes need more profiling, y'know?

12. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Paradise was a good ep. Better than I thought it would be. Took me a bit to figure out that was Wil Wheaton under all that facial hair. I do miss the profiling episodes of that past couple of years. On A&E I just got done watching "The Fisher King" Part One. I would definitely would like to see more eps like that. I give Paradise 3.85 out of 5.

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Amazon has announced the third in a series of Criminal Minds paperbacks, titled Finishing School, written by Max Allan Collins, to be released November 4, 2008.

The bodies of three young girls are discovered in the woods of Bemidji, Minnesota, the result of barbiturate poisoning. Unable to identify the victims, the local police turn to the Behavioral Analysis Unit. Profiler David Rossi learns that the girls disappeared more than ten years ago from Georgia. Further investigation reveals that the perpetrators have been involved in a cycle of kidnapping and murder for close to twenty years—and are about to start again…
    The other Ciminal Minds books, also by M.A.C., are:
    Jump Cut (Nov 2007)
    Killer Profile (May 2008)

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Awesome. :D

Teachers' Conventions are the 6th and 7th, so I'll be in Barnes and Noble then for this as well as "Harry, A History" by Melissa Anelli. Gotta love it when your two fandoms coincide on the same day. XD

Can't wait for this book. I finally got around to reading "Killer Profile" last month, so I was surprised when I got Season 3 on DVD and it had an ad for "Finishing School" in it. Hopefully I'll read this one on time for once. :rolleyes: (Although I have to be honest and admit that I'm reading Anelli's book first.)

15. GregNickRyanFan

Derek and the girl's convo. :lol:

"You've been with so many girls you can't remember their names?"-Reid

"It's never happened to me before."-Morgan
    "It's never happened to me either."-Reid
    Prentiss says Reid has a perfect memory and then Derek I think says "Besides, you only have one name to remember." :lol:

"Looks like Goldilocks became a serial killer." For some reason this line struck me as funny.

Haha that cop guy doesn't like Hotch much. :lol: at JJ and Reid leaving the room before the you-know-what could hit the fan. :lol:

Aww at JJ letting Reid feel the baby kicking. Too cute! "Doesn't that freak you out?" :lol: He's adorable!

"Are you considering it? Having baby geniuses one day?" -Prentiss to Reid. hehe.

"If we don't find him soon..."
    "Goldilocks is going to be sleeping in someone else's bed." :lol:

I knew the girl Morgan was flirting with was gonna be JJ's fill-in.

"His blink rate sped up."-Reid about Morgan :lol:

Promo for next week] Ooh looks like next week is a Spencer Reid centric episode. Yay!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.