Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSINYGal88

CSINYGal88 Hit and Run

I'm getting additcted to this show, mostly because of Shemar Moore.

I wish I could catch up on episodes somehow, but I don't have the money to start up my netflix again...and surf the channel gives me problems.

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

In five minutes, the best hour of the week begins! Or, for those of you who live in Canada, it began 24 hours ago! ...Can I move? Like, once a week on Tuesday nights?

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The ep was good, but the preview for next week... looks like a ripoff of the movie Vacancy. Are they really so desperate for storylines that they'd ripoff a horrible movie like Vacancy?

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I thought that the promo reminded me of some movie! Now I know.

I for one loved that episode. I enjoyed the fact that Prentiss and Reid remembered their jobs while they were in danger. Oh, I'll just do the bullets of enjoyment:

-Prentiss taking the fall for Reid when Cyrus seemed about to shoot him. I almost had a heartattack, even though I live for spoilers.
    -The whole scene where Emily was being beaten was heartbreaking. She knew that the team could hear her, so she told them to stay out even though it just antagonized Cyrus further. And the looks on the team's faces as they were listening was agonizing. This entire episode was painful, but not in a bad way. I just love my show too much.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Finally got to watch this, and the old religious cult issue, haven't we all seen and hard this before, it was intense, and our FBI's caught up in the crazed leaders pyscho babble, Luke Perry played a great dark maniac, our cute geek played into his vision of craziness and the poor kids involved, it kept ones interest and how the poor girl exploded her-self sad..:(

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

People are talking about something recently in the news that's similar, but I apparently haven't been watching the news.

Anyway, what were your thoughts on Emily getting more screentime, despite the fact that that screentime depended on her getting beaten, Desertwind?

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm sorry I'm not that familiar with all their names, I know them when I watch it, but quickly forget, it me forever to distinguish between Gary and George when I first started to watch CSI, not their faces their names! on her getting more screentime, she seems to have an equal amount ot time as the rest [Emily] thank's for telling me her name again!:confused:

8. GregNickRyanFan

The girl who blew herself up looked familiar. Wish I could figure out where I've seen her before. :lol:

As for it being like a recent news story, I think that was referring to the raid on that poligimist (sp?) compound (last year I think or very very early this year) ... I wanna say it was in Texas (I think the original leader of that group was Warren Jeffs or something like that, but he was behind bars). Supposedly a young girl had called and said she was being forced to have sex with some older man or something. That call which lead to the raid on the compound turned out to be some chick in some other state pranking... she had made several other prank calls about different things I think.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The actress is Paget Brewster, the character is Emily Prentiss. Sorry if I confused you at all, Desertwind. On a side note, I forget every name on every show until I've seen at least six episodes.

And, in regards to the real-life-story, that kind of sucks. I hate people that do that.

GregNickRyanFan, the girl is Jenna Boyd. If you've seen the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, you know who she is. She also played Sasha on CSI's Cross-Jurisdictions and was in an episode of Ghost Whisperer.

10. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks. :) I guess it must have been Cross Jurisdictions then cause I haven't seen that movie and don't watch Ghost Whisperer.

11. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Guys, I've got one, nope: two questions:

1.: am I right that there won't be a new episode this week?

2.: could someone tell me - in detail! lol - about the promo for "Paradise", please? I didn't catch it till now, and I'm pretty curious, yep. :p

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I can answer this one easily enough. Yeppers, you're correctamundo. There is a presidential debate starting at 9:00 pm (Eastern) on the major networks (except for Fox with a baseball playoff game). If Fox doesn't have to carry the debate, why does CBS want to. They might win the ratings for that night with the regular lineup.

13. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Muchas gracias! :D
    Meh, another presidential debate? That's a loooong election campaign :p

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I really don't remember the promo for "Paradise" much. I know that it looked a lot like the movie "Vacancy", but that doesn't correspond much with the the actual episode summary, so I have no idea what's going on. :confused:

Oh, and I'm so annoyed with debates postponing my shows that I've actually started hating politics. *pause* Oh, wait, I already hated politics.

15. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I just checked out this section and was very psyched to see this particular thread. I've been posting here at CSI Talk very sporatically but hope to get back on the ball. I've been catching up with old episodes of CM thru A&E and the old eps CBS are running on the weekends. I have a question about Reid and Prentiss at the end of Minimal Loss.
    When Prentiss came in to talk to Reid on the plane they were holding hands and she was reassuring him that when she got beat up(darned hard to watch) it wasn't his fault, he was caressing her hand with his thumb(?), then she took her hands back. Does or did Reid have feelings for Prentiss?

There is serious chemistry between the whole team and it's interesting to see that chemistry broken down between members of the team. I really like the addition of Joe Mantenga although I do miss Mandy Pantkin. Do you guys/gals often do in depth discussions of the ep after it airs like over the on the CSI threads? I have really gotten into the show and would love to partake in epi discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.