Cow Thread - Moo Moo Here and Moo Moo There

DaWacko said:
Ah! Got a new calf today! Our Siirappi (=Syrup) got a healthy babyboy :p Mom wanted to name him "Vaikku" (=Earvax) so we did :lol:

:lol: Earvax?:lol:

Congradulations. How many cows does this make now for you? :lol:

congratulation!
i would like to see a pic if it's possible.
babies are always so cute.

My friend is totally obsessed with cows... when you walk into her room she has cows on her comforter, pillows and computer screen. Every year for he birthday I give her another cow souveigner, I'm kinda running out of things to get her. She also has those pillows that are filled with those bead things in the shape of a cow, it is so cute.

I'm in the middle of watching an episode of Friends and it is so funny because Phoebe sings this to little kids...
"Oh, the cow in the meadow goes moo,
Oh, the cow in the meadow goes moo.
Then the farmer hits him on the head and grinds him up,
And that's how we get hamburgers.
Nooowww, chickens!"
:lol: So funny :lol:

cows. wowee! does anyone else think of that House MD episode DNR when that guy says he's in love with a cow just to get depro-provera? heh. kinda OT but hell, this is a thread about cows!

*bumps*

Our Earwax got earmarks a few days ago.... poor calf but me has to do what EU tells :(

A few pics from last summer

Silvia
She kicked me badly a few months ago :D

This one had a whole in his head when he was born (that black thingy.. it was 5 times bigger when he was born)
He is ok now :)

Onerva
She was Silvia's mom

Onerva and Poola
Poola

During the summer it's too hot so instead of closing door we built that thing there so they get fresh air during the nighttime when they are inside. Those pics are taken probably around 9pm.

9pm? It's awefully bright for 9pm. I'll take it that you meant it to be 9am? Uhhh...I'm confused! Those are cute cows though! That hole looks nasty! Surprised that he can still live :).

No. 9 in the evening. You have any idea how north I live? Summers are bright... those who have seen me introducing our backyard on webcam at 2am can tell that (I think kazzy saw it) :lol:

in end of June sun is down only for an hour, if even for that long. So in July easily sun is up around 11 - midnight :D

Where I'd compare... well, I live at latitude 64° (north) :p

(artic circle is at latitude 66° north)

Oh....ohkay.. :lol: I get it now. No, I have never lived at a place where the sun comes up at night. It would be one heck of an experience though! Thanks for clearing that up Ducky :). Nice banner.

I've got some other questions to ask but they're OT here. Nyeh, nevermind. :p

Yeah 9pm can be bright. I was in Tibet during summer and it was 8pm and it's so bright.

I found 2 pics of cow I took some years ago(the peeing one). Will scan it and show here later.

Hmm, so you really do wear your sunglasses at night, then?! :devil:

I came across the following toungue-in-cheek explanation of differing countries version of Cow Economics. Quite hysterical. :p

TRADITIONAL CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You sell one and buy a bull. Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income.

AN AMERICAN CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the band, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows.

The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company.

The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more. Sell one cow to buy a new president of the United States, leaving you with nine cows. No balance sheet provided with the release. The public buys your bull.

AN AUSTRALIAN CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows. You are surprised when the cow drops dead.

A FRENCH CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You go on strike because you want three cows.

A JAPANESE CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You redesign them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary cow and produce twenty times the milk. You then create clever cow cartoon images called Cowikimon and market them worldwide.

A GERMAN CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You reengineer them so they live for 100 years, eat once a month, and milk themselves.

AN ITALIAN CORPORATION
You have two cows, but you don't know where they are... You break for lunch.

A RUSSIAN CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You count them and learn you have five cows.
You count them again and learn you have 42 cows.
You count them again and learn you have 12 cows.
You stop counting cows and open another bottle of vodka.

A SWISS CORPORATION
You have 5000 cows, none of which belong to you. You charge others for storing them.

A CHINESE CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You have 300 people milking them.
You claim full employment, high bovine productivity, and arrest the newsman who reported the numbers.

A NEW ZEALAND CORPORATION
You have two cows... and the one on the left is kinda cute.

A BRITISH CORPORATION
You have two cows... both are mad.

:D

I don't really like cows but I had to post; My sister (She's 6) loves spelling, read the 'cow' and 'moo moo' part of the title and shouted "Click on the MOO MOO COW thing!" She saw a picture of Dawacko's cow Silvia (I belive her name is) and with a smile, said "Aw look! Her eyes are pierced! So if she gets lost they can find her, right? Well, I think diamonds would look better than the yellow tags!" :lol:

And in case my little cow story didn't amuse you, here's a picture of a cow (Not mine, I sadly have no livestock).

Moo moo here; It's a catchy song, isn't it?

Back