Cow Thread - Moo Moo Here and Moo Moo There

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 9, 2006.

1. inge

inge CSI Level Two

aw, I'm sorry to hear that three babies died. :(
    wow, twenty. :eek:

Today the other baby moo was born at noon. :D

mommy and baby
    pic
    pic
    pic

the two calves like each other

too bad that none is black. The father was a black bull.

I also made some pics from the two 'teenagers':
    the boy

the girl

what a nice idea. :lol: but she needs a Horatio too. ;)

Thanks for the other name suggestions.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh man, the brown with white head is so cute :D

Do you brush them often? Because of the long hair?

Oh but it takes so many years to get to H.. first there's A and then E...oh then come H :D (we skip the letters that basicly are foreign to us and are hardly used in our language, such as c,d,f,g... tho C you can use with S, D with T, F with V and ... I don't know about G, with K perhaps)

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

No, we didn't brush them, but I think a cow brush would be a good idea.
    The little boy had a problem this year and he didn't loose his winter pelt. He had some open wounds because he tried to scratch it away. My parents sheared him and disinfected his open wounds and now everything is ok.
    He was soo well-behaved during the procedure. I talked to him and he tried to lick my hands. :D

My brother and parents namend them Sissi and Sabi.
    don't ask me why they chose this names. :lol:

skip some letters. :lol:
    Horatio and Yelina would be cute. :D

4. Ducky

Last summer in agricultural fair I asked one woman who had brought her highland there does she brush them and she said she has to... of course when bringing those there but that it's always a good thing. It's not too hard when you just do it regularry. And usually the ones with long hair love it :D

5. Ducky

6. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Thanks for the pics, they look cute.

:lol: They are so nosy. I think all cows are nosy.
    wow, their udders are soo big.
    Do you have an electic fence?

I like the black/white ones. I also want a black one. Maybe some day a little baby cow is black. :p

7. inge

inge CSI Level Two

sorry for double post.

Two baby moos were born! :)
    The brown one is now two weeks old and the other one came today.
    They are boys. Last year girls and this year boys.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ingrid22/babyselena08.jpg
    the first one, a few hours old
    and now, two weeks later
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ingrid22/babyselena08_3.jpg

the second boy:
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ingrid22/babyshila08_2.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ingrid22/babyshila08.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ingrid22/babies08_2.jpg

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Cows are cool! :cool: I'm enjoying these pics. Without having to backtrack to find out, what kind of cows are these shaggy guys and gals?

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Wow! I didnt know there was a cow thread hehe

My dad has a large family and each of his brothers and sisters all carried on farming after they left home and got married. My dad however decided to take up the art of building. I still remind him that he should have chose farming- I want to live on a farm :lol: When I was little I used to go on 'holiday' to my Uncle and Aunts which I loved. I can still remember the night when I stayed up all night waiting for one of the cows to calf and it didnt until about 5am so I grabbed my boots and went out to the sheds with my uncle.

I havent been there to stay for a few days now im older but I still go every so often to help Milk. They've got about 120 dairy cows and my cousins got a lot of pigs as well- but I have no idea how many :lol: But now im older my uncle'll let me start and finish the whole milking when he's busy.....Now I just wanna go and help out :lol:

Now i'm going to scroll up and have a look at those pics :D

10. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

my mother grew up on a dairy farm and she actully slipped in a pile of cow manure and to this day has a big ol scar on her leg. poor mom :p

my uncle inherited the farm and sold all there cows about a year ago :(

when i was younger, my grandpa used to tell me that brown cows made chocolate milk. and i belived him until i was told differently:lol:

about 2 years agoish me and my family went on a biketrail a bit north from where i live and the cows just came right up to the trail! it amazed me. ((i took pictures!:D))

Moooo

Got Milk?

Moooove

they are not very good, but i didn't want to get trampeled on by a herd of cows :p:lol:

did i mention i'm also lactose intolerant :(:(:(

11. Ducky

inge, so pretty little moos! I talked with someone who has highland cattle and asked about the colours and she said in Finland there's only brown ones.

My special Eastern Finncattle cow had babybull few weeks ago..he is sooo small, some 20kgs when was born - Such a cutie, I should take a picture. Also will take pic of our jersey/ayrshire mixed heifer - she's very strange colour.

So pic time... I let them outside during the winter as well, here's a few pics

I wonder if this is edible

Eastern Finnmoo searching for something yummy

Sniffing if the spring is coming

Man, that's some bright light!

More pics later on :D

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

saw this on icanhascheezburger and thought it should be here too:

[​IMG]

:lol:

im so happy the highlands on my drive to school have been moved into the front pen. i always love watching them but theyve been in the field behind the barn for a while. they moved out where i can see them just in time for the fuzzy little babies :D

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I took some pics of moos and baby moos today ;):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Wow, a cow thread. Must tell Yoshi! :D

I love Moo Moos. My Great Uncle had a dairy farm in Wisconsin and I LOVED going there. I always wanted to milk them, but, alas, I wasn't old enough.

He said when I got older I could, unfortunately a doctor made a mistake during an operation and he passed away.

I miss the farm. Their daughter lives there, but the barn has been torn down and its not the same. :(

However, I still love it. I like watching the cows get milked and the calves were always trying to eat your clothes :lol:. The calves were kept in a separate room, in the barn, and if we wanted to go in there my Great Uncle would have to bring us in there because he always put the meanest cow in front of the doorway.

He, also, gave us good advice when walking through the barn (when the cows were being milked): Make sure you walk in the middle of the walkway, so you don't get kicked :lol: and well, so some other things don't get you either. :shifty:

Love all the pictures!

15. Ducky

Our cows are so calm - few are very excited about people and indeed try to eat clothes :p
    We still have mostly ayrshires, few holstein-friesians, then mixed breed of jerseyXayrshire, two Western FinncattleXayrshire, one Northern FinncattleX ayrshire and one pure breed Eastern Finncattle

Two weeks agoour Eastern Finncattle cow got a babymoo :) She's rather beautiful

lil' moo

I don't know how much you read the thread, but there's only 350 of those left :)